Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anniversary Bivy Giveaway!!!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
on: July 23, 2016, 01:11:36 PM
We're celebrating our tenth anniversary.   :woohoo:   

And the hard working team from Columbia River Knife & Tool have shown up to the party with a bag of loot!   :ahhh   :cheers:

This giveaway is for the recently released Bivy - Designed by Hans Florine.   :drool:   :drool:   :drool:

CRKT really enjoy putting out innovative and functional products.
And I can see that they are also dedicated to their customers, people like us here at MTo.
As a customer it is a balance that I really appreciate, affordable gear backed by a company that will interact directly.

Entering this giveaway is easy, all that is required is to give a shout out to CRKT and let them know how you feel about them.   :multi:

No lists, pics or choosing a number needed for this one.
Open to all members everywhere and closing in a few days time.
Happy anniversary MTo.

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 02:53:43 PM
CRKT welcome to the celebration, and I would like to thank you for two knife designs I own and appreciate their simplicity and value.
The SQUiD and the DRiFTER.
My SQUiD is simple and totally functional for pocket duty when dress up is required and a larger folder is not appropriate.
My DRiFTER (s) are used in multiple places, suit case back up, truck console, week end pocket carry, 2 First aid bags, and a couple other locations that escape me at the present.  I love the blade shape and size, very practical for a all around duty blade, (for me at least).
Keep up the great work and support to the knife designers, getting their designs in front of the WORLD. And, thank you for your GAW and support to MTo and it's great staff. 
Here is a pic of my DRiFTER, was already at work prepping food for the birds this morning -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:55:50 PM by LoopCutter »
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

no Offline Grathr

Re: Anniversary Bivy Giveaway!!!
Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 03:17:15 PM
This is too good to pass!

Thank you CRKT for the opurtunity!

I have several CRKT knives and tools and they all offer very good value for money!

Also thank you for always showing up with awesome prices for the MTO aniversaries! :salute:
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 03:21:16 PM
Thanks much CRKT and Mt.org for this!

My first non folding pliers based MT was a Zilla, sadly lost somewhere in the mountain of Montserrat. While I admittedly have drifted apart from your multitool offerings, I believe that the Fixed Blade knives offered and presented each year are amongst the best available in the market, overall,

and a true value in the blade department!

As you can see, many times I combine my multitools and SAKs with one of those CRKT knives, be it a really small and excellent neck knife

or a true purpose-driven, no-frills "pigsticker" (both  doubles as awesome kitchen knives)  :tu:

Have a nice day you all and keep it up with the great work!
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 03:37:45 PM
Thanks CRKT! I am ashamed to admit I dont have any CRKT multitools (which I will rectify soon, given the amount of support they have for this forum), but I do have 4 of their knives, 3 different M16s, and a Swindle, and love all of them. Not to mention CRKT's Customer Service, which has always been top notch.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

fi Offline temo

Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 03:41:24 PM
I have admired CRKT knives from images and read good comments. No hands on experience but sure would like to have some! I think design is great and own style in products. And I believe quality is great. I think products stand out from the crowd. I rarely carry plain knife so product in this looks very interesting. Thanks from oppotunity and introduction to this product.

england Offline Kev D

Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 03:42:16 PM
Thank you CRKT, very generous of you.  I don't currently own any of your knives, or multi's,  but the 2 eat'N'tool XL's I have are great.  :tu:

Another great gaw, thanks to MTO as well, you guys rock  :salute:

gb Offline kingofswords

Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 03:50:10 PM
Thanks crkt great give away another interesting looking tool

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 03:53:59 PM
Not putting my hat in the ring just wanted to shout out CRKT.

Thank you very much for a terrific GAW prize.  I am a huge fan of my CRKT Minimalist.  I also own a wonderful CRKT Texas toothpick. 

Good luck everyone.  Thanks again CRKT  :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 03:54:08 PM
Thanks CRKT for your support of the forum!

I always appreciate a company that stands behind it's products and respects and supports it's customers. :hatsoff: In addition, CRKT regularly pushes the design envelope to create interesting and unique designs.

Thanks for the GAW!

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 03:55:22 PM
Thank you crkt!! I have never owned one of your tools, but i have heard great things about your blades, looking forward to trying one out if i win! Thank yall so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 04:14:39 PM
Happy Tenth MTO and very generous gaw by CRKT. I've always been a fan of the Zilla and Zilla Jr. Now I have a M16 and am very pleased with it. Keep up the innovation
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 05:06:19 PM
Thanks CRKT for the nice GAW.

Dear Bivy,

I really can't tell you my precise feelings about you, because I am a honest man and the facct is that we are total strangers, because we never met. I have seen pictures of you in the media and you look smart, beautiful, capable and sexy, but one never knows unless he meets the other in person (photographs might date from years, before, be of the nicer cousin, or even an unknown model, or heavily photoshopped). The same applies to me of course, I would like for you to be able to see me with your own eyes, hear my voice and feel my hands. Since you live on the other side of the ancient Atlantic Ocean and I am a busy man, incapable of flying to where you live at the moment, the only way is for you to fly here and meet me in my beautiiful country, which attracts millions of tourists from all around the world. I ppromise to you that I'll be kind to you and gentle, and treat you appropriately, in a manner suitable to such an ecxellent lady that you are. I have the feeling that we'll do nicelly with each other. Looking forward to our rendezvous.
Yours truly
Konstantinos

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 05:30:41 PM by kkokkolis »

us Offline lichan

Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 05:25:40 PM
Thanks to CRKT for supporting MT.o and doing so much to help make this 10th anniversary celebration so great. This looks like a great multtoo , another of the innovative and creative tools that CRKT develops. I would love to win it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 05:26:46 PM by lichan »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: July 23, 2016, 05:35:13 PM
Great GAW Zoid :cheers: I have a Guppie and Lil Guppie and an Eatn Tool :tu: I carried the Lil Guppie for a good while clipped on my belt but it didn't get as much use as I would have liked for so I don't carry it much anymore ::) It is truly generous of them for the MT and for donating it and for supporting the forum :salute:

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 05:39:40 PM
Ah, CRKT,

Not heavily represented in my area, but I did once own a Zillatool.

At the time it wasn't what I needed and it got traded, but I often wonder if I never gave it enough chance.

I'm sorry to say that's probably my only experience with CRKT :(

but I have spent a lot of time on their website  :whistle:

Ah well, if a Bivy was to come my way, I'm sure I'd enjoy the opportunity to have it by my side.

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 05:46:39 PM
Thanks CRKT for this great giveaway!
I own couple Eat'N Tools and KERT by Ray Kirk and I think that I still have M16 folding knife stored somewhere.
Great products and thanks for supporting the forum.
 :cheers:

us Offline Pacu

Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 08:14:29 PM
I bought CRKT Fossils for everyone as stocking stuffers last Christmas (got me one too  :D ) . Everyone was super happy with them. I have eat n tools and sparetool. Thanks for having a pretty good CRKT selection at Academy. I always like to see the item i'm picking up before purchase. Awesome giveaway and I'm in. 
Thinking about picking up a M16 soon. Great products people. :tu:
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 01:14:03 AM
The Bivy looks like a neat tool :tu:  I have no CRKT items, but I'd love to change that now ;)  Thanks CRKT for your generosity, and to MTO for the chance :salute:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:07:12 AM by Monrogue »
K-Tibbs

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 02:17:22 AM
Wow!  Thanks to CRKT for donating to MTO's 10th anniversary.  CRKT continues to be an innovative tool company with many interesting multi tool and knife variations. These tools keep things interesting and they keep me wanting to buy new tools. Keep up the good work!
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #20 on: July 24, 2016, 02:22:53 AM
Thanks to CRKT and MTO and Zoidberg for this great Giveaway!  I really want one of those Bivys.  Luvs me some CRKT innovation and quality. I have several now including my new HalfaChance Parang that I used on the palm fronds the other day, and the Hunt n Fisch that is the only fixed blade in my daily carry rotation. 

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 03:24:46 AM
A big THANKS to CRKT!   :tu:

IMG_7598.JPG
* IMG_7598.JPG (Filesize: 58.95 KB)

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #22 on: July 24, 2016, 06:38:42 AM
thank you CRKT  for your support of MTO on our 10 year anniversary
thank you for the most excellent prize to be given away.

all i currently own from CRKT is an Eat'n tool,  but I have bought 3 CRKT Drifters that I gave to some of my friends, who love them very much.  their praise is a great statement in my opinion

If I can help, let me know 

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #23 on: July 24, 2016, 06:51:05 AM
I love CRKT! Not afraid to try new things and put out tools that fit a more particular purpose. Also, prices aren't as high as a lot of other brands, but wuality is still high, which is important to me. I carry an M16-10KS almost daily when I'm off duty. I also have a -12ZER. I like the M16 series because they offer a lot of knife for not much bulk, but it's still sturdy.

Big thanks to CRKT for offering up lots of sweet goodies for us MTO'ers to take shots at during our 10th anniversary celebration.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 06:56:18 AM by rdub934 »
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: July 24, 2016, 07:26:00 AM
The more I look at it, the more the Bivy seems like it has serious potential as a work carry.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #25 on: July 24, 2016, 09:50:10 AM
I've watched many CRKT knife reviews on youtube, and know they make excellent products.
I hope they branch into the MT world soon.

I'm in for this one, that looks nice!  :drool:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 12:49:05 PM by ReamerPunch »

au Offline Gohard

• Leatherman fanatic!!
Reply #26 on: July 24, 2016, 10:57:10 AM
Never heard of CRKT. Had a look online and had to put one of them on my long wish list. Can't decide. All looking goodTold the wife and kids to get me one for my birthday next  month.
Thanks CRKT for this GAW and happy anniversary MTO
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 10:58:41 AM by Gohard »

us Offline cali-SAK-attack

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: July 24, 2016, 02:05:36 PM
Thank you CRKT & MTO for a terrific GAW prize & Place to discuss them. 
I'm personally a huge fan of my CRKT Wrinkle ( I called it the TURD , odd lookin,smooth as butter & cool flipper of a knife) . My son has all the CRKT I had now & uses them ( 4 or 5-ish ?? ) ....Great EDC user knives at a Great price, especially at BIG 5 Sporting Goods , in my area anywho! :D :tu:
Thanks again for the chance CRKT & MTO  :ahhh :cheers:
***CLICK on my pics to see actual sized photo :)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #28 on: July 24, 2016, 03:32:04 PM
I have a few CRKT items, but the ones I like the most have to be the ZillaTool and the Raker Ring..

Thank you CRKT for producing a wide array of interesting multi-tools and knives. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for this giveaway.  :hatsoff:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #29 on: July 24, 2016, 10:59:41 PM
Thank you CRKT for the great prize!

I have some CRKT knives and some are in my wishlist. I love the innovative designs and the quality of your products.

I'd love to add the bivy to my collection. Here's one of my favourites, Klecker Nirk.
20160724_215440.jpg
* 20160724_215440.jpg (Filesize: 322.36 KB)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $142.99
PayPal Fees: $8.01
Net Balance: $134.98
Below Goal: $165.02
Site Currency: USD