Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[SOLD] FS: New/unused Leatherman Charge Ti with nylon pouch.

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Selling a new/unused Leatherman Charge Ti with a nylon pouch. There is no packaging but this item was never carried or used and it is in excellent condition.

Priced at only $90 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping within CONUS.  (less than I have into it!)

NOT LOOKING FOR ANY TRADES! 

PM or email me at "mjp2k AT hotmail DOT com" with any questions!

Thx for looking!
closed_pouch.jpg
* closed_pouch.jpg (Filesize: 152.61 KB)
open.jpg
* open.jpg (Filesize: 126.27 KB)
154cmBlade_file.jpg
* 154cmBlade_file.jpg (Filesize: 142.43 KB)
serrated_saw.jpg
* serrated_saw.jpg (Filesize: 115.58 KB)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:34:22 PM by zoidberg »

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Re: FS: New/unused Leatherman Charge Ti with nylon pouch.
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 05:30:42 PM
Another pic
small_tools.jpg
* small_tools.jpg (Filesize: 112.78 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 12:06:16 AM
Some one buy this tool.  If you didn't like the gut hook on the TTi or the CC plier head this tool is the one for you.  154 steel on the main blade and all the neatness of Ti. 

You will kick yourself later trust me.  Sir Mike a top shelf so buy hassle free. 
Esse Quam Videri

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 09:54:29 AM
You will kick yourself later trust me.  Sir Mike a top shelf so buy hassle free.

I already am. I spent all my toy money on my edge pro sharpener or I would have had this  :facepalm:

Come on someone, this is a sweeeeeet deal

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 06:07:39 PM
When I got my TTi I was so stoked.  I carried it and was a very happy guy.  A short time later the CC plier head began to bother me.  I wasn't a fan of the gut hook either.  All that Titanium glory wasn't worth it to me. 

I located a Ti and WOW.  IMO its the "better" of the two Titanium Charges.  When folks ask should they get a Wave or TTi, I typically say Wave.  If they asked Wave or Ti and both were close in price, I say Ti.  If you are one who doesn't carry a folder then the 154 steel on this baby is gonna be a great steel to have.  Sure the steel on the Wave blade is nice but if you can get better for not much more, why not? 

I'm not sure what a new Wave is selling for but I cannot believe this Ti Mikes got up for sale is terribly more expensive. 

EDIT.  I just had a quick look on 2 sites and the Wave new sells for $80.  To me its a no brainer guys.  This tool has all the function of a Wave with the added 154 blade and Ti scales. 

I get no commission  :D.  Mikes a great guy sure but this is also a great deal. 

Step up and get this tool if you've considered a Wave or TTi. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 06:17:45 PM
Oooohhhh I'll have to keep my eye on this thread. Vehicle first but she sure is pretty!!!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 06:37:52 PM
Oooohhhh I'll have to keep my eye on this thread. Vehicle first but she sure is pretty!!!

Didn't you just get a Ti  :think:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 06:48:01 PM

Didn't you just get a Ti  :think:
.......when has that stopped anyone here

That one is still apart, wanting to do outside scissors, awl,rebar head, gut hook, and anodized scales.

There is no such that as "too many" of the original charges lol

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 06:58:30 PM
 :salute:  Do you need scissors?  I'll look to see if I have SAK scissors. 

I am in compete agreement with "never too many".  I thought you may have released it and were regretting. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline pitbullz4me

Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 08:03:47 PM
Is this still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline pitbullz4me

Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 09:19:11 PM
Sent email and pm. Let me know. Thanks

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 11:28:33 PM
Is this still available?

Yes is it available and I just replied to your email.

Thx.

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 11:32:36 PM
When I got my TTi I was so stoked.  I carried it and was a very happy guy.  A short time later the CC plier head began to bother me.  I wasn't a fan of the gut hook either.  All that Titanium glory wasn't worth it to me. 

I located a Ti and WOW.  IMO its the "better" of the two Titanium Charges.  When folks ask should they get a Wave or TTi, I typically say Wave.  If they asked Wave or Ti and both were close in price, I say Ti.  If you are one who doesn't carry a folder then the 154 steel on this baby is gonna be a great steel to have.  Sure the steel on the Wave blade is nice but if you can get better for not much more, why not? 

I'm not sure what a new Wave is selling for but I cannot believe this Ti Mikes got up for sale is terribly more expensive. 

EDIT.  I just had a quick look on 2 sites and the Wave new sells for $80.  To me its a no brainer guys.  This tool has all the function of a Wave with the added 154 blade and Ti scales. 

I get no commission  :D.  Mikes a great guy sure but this is also a great deal. 

Step up and get this tool if you've considered a Wave or TTi.

I agree!  I too think this one is better than the TTi and I never carried for the cap crimper deal either!  This one is just too pretty for me to use and I am not a collector!  :)

Thx for the comments and what percent are you charging me for commission?  LOL

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:34:23 PM by sir_mike »

us Offline pitbullz4me

Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 11:33:03 PM
PayPal sent mike

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 11:39:41 PM
PayPal sent mike

Got it!  I will send tracking info once shipped.  It should go out tomorrow!

Thx.

us Offline pitbullz4me

Re: [SOLD] FS: New/unused Leatherman Charge Ti with nylon pouch.
Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 11:42:35 PM
Sounds good mike

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 11:49:28 PM
Congrats.  Naw no commissions my brother.  Its a great tool at a great price. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 01:31:20 AM
Congrats.  Naw no commissions my brother.  Its a great tool at a great price.

Thx brother for letting me off the hook on your commisson cause I know you aren't cheap but I have to ask.  If you didn't want commission, then why did I just get an invoice mailed to me from you?  LOL

Again I agree, great tool and price!  For those who debating on it so they didn't pull the trigger, they missed a great looking tool!   :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 01:32:57 AM by sir_mike »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 01:52:50 AM
 :rofl:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline pitbullz4me

Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 07:39:53 PM
I received this item today. I was under the assumption that I was purchasing a Charge Ti. This item appears to be be a Charge Ti but has date codes of 05-15 in both handles. There is no way this can be a Charge Ti. I also called Leatherman Tools to verify this. This is obviously a TTi with  154 blade and non hook serrated blade. It has the older Titainium scales which according to Leatherman would not be on a 2015 Charge TTi.

The tool is very clean and new looking but is obviously made out of parts to look like a Charge Ti. I purchased this because it was represented to be a Ti model which it is not.

I look forward to hearing from the seller on this. I don't have pictures at the moment but will be happy to take some when I get home tonight. Honestly the tool is very nice but I wouldn't have purchased it if I new it was a clone of a Charge Ti. I also see nothing in the description that says it's a clone.

I really hate that this happened but I feel it needs to be told. I have enjoyed this forum for awhile and wish I didn't have to make this post. I will await a response. 

John

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #20 on: July 28, 2016, 08:14:21 PM
Interesting!

I wonder if it was a warranty repair done with new parts?
I used to come here a lot.

us Offline pitbullz4me

Reply #21 on: July 28, 2016, 08:24:45 PM
I'm not sure but it was advertised as new/unused condition. I only purchased because it was a Ti

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: July 28, 2016, 09:42:17 PM
Yeah I can understand your thinking if you are trying to fill a gap in a collection.

From a technical point of view, the only difference between a Ti and an AL are those 4 scales bolted onto the handles, so I could see how somebody could easily miss the inconsistency!

us Offline pitbullz4me

Reply #23 on: July 28, 2016, 10:12:12 PM
Yeah I can understand your thinking if you are trying to fill a gap in a collection.

From a technical point of view, the only difference between a Ti and an AL are those 4 scales bolted onto the handles, so I could see how somebody could easily miss the inconsistency!

Let me just say this, it was advertised as a original Charge Ti but it's not. That should be the point. It doesn't really matter what my intentions with it were.

I buy things then sell/trade some of them and keep things I like. If I were to advertise the tool on this forum as a new Charge Ti with 2015 handles I would be told it's a fake, and that is what it is, so I wouldn't sell it. As often as I see members on this forum discussing date codes means it is of importance.  What I have is neither a Charge Ti or TTi it's a compilation of parts from both models. I was told by Leatherman that this did not come from them.

Sorry if I come off as rude but I don't like this situation at all.

John

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: July 28, 2016, 10:42:24 PM
Very interesting. But I can vouch for Sir Mike that he wouldn't do any harm intentionally. I've had several dealings with him and they all went smooth. He really is great to work with. Send him a pm and I'm sure you can sort things through. :cheers: hope it gets sorted
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: July 28, 2016, 10:48:25 PM
I'm not saying any different John :)

I'm just saying that there are some good reasons why this could have happened in all innocence.

For example, if I broke the handle on my Ti and asked Leatherman to repair it under warranty for example, they could very feasibly replace it with a 2015 handle. It would still be a Ti - it wouldn't make it a "fake" - it would just be a Ti with some replaced bits!

But, if you were looking for a fully original Ti, I totally understand why you wouldn't be happy with it too - I'm certainly not trying to convince you of anything :)

us Offline pitbullz4me

Reply #26 on: July 28, 2016, 10:48:45 PM
He did contact me by email and offer a refund. I emailed him back to see if the refund would cover the original and return shipping. I haven't heard back from him yet. To be honest, I don't know him, and I'm not saying he's not a rock solid good guy, but then he has my money and the multi tool.

If I were him, and the customer were unhappy, I would have already refunded the money. I would be open to some type of fair discount but in his original ad he mentioned he was losing money.

us Offline pitbullz4me

Reply #27 on: July 28, 2016, 10:54:47 PM
I'm not saying any different John :)

I'm just saying that there are some good reasons why this could have happened in all innocence.

For example, if I broke the handle on my Ti and asked Leatherman to repair it under warranty for example, they could very feasibly replace it with a 2015 handle. It would still be a Ti - it wouldn't make it a "fake" - it would just be a Ti with some replaced bits!

But, if you were looking for a fully original Ti, I totally understand why you wouldn't be happy with it too - I'm certainly not trying to convince you of anything :)

It's 05-15 on both handles. After talking to Leatherman, they said at that point the tool would've been replaced.

It is extremely clean and it looks new. How the tool came to be I do not know. Someone went to great lengths to make this appear to be a Charge Ti. If it hadn't had 2015 handles I would've never known it wasn't a Ti

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #28 on: July 28, 2016, 11:56:16 PM
Fact is LM makes mistakes all the time.  Look around the forum and you'll see some really random tools coming out of Oregon.  That said, It is not an original Ti and Mike will make it right. 

Accusing him of dishonesty ( or whatever ) before knowing why this tool is the way it is to me is a reach.  NO ONE has ever accused Mike of being dishonest.  I can personally understand your standpoint, NO QUESTION, but slow your roll a bit and breathe before you call someone out.     

Let me get this straight, its not a Ti because the date codes?  It has the older Ti scales and everything else a Ti would?

It's sad that the assumption is "Someone went to great lengths to make this appear to be a Charge Ti. If it hadn't had 2015 handles I would've never known it wasn't a Ti"

EDIT. 

This is a very interesting tool.  Date codes should be between 04-08. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:01:10 AM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline pitbullz4me

Reply #29 on: July 29, 2016, 12:05:31 AM
First off I have not come on here and stated anyone of dishonesty. What I did say was someone got over on Mike.

Leatherman may make mistakes but they didn't make this one because I asked. It has older scales on 2015 handles. I purchased this under the assumption it was a mint original Charge Ti. 

Slow my roll? I'd like to know what this has to do with you in the first place. I have already stated I wish I weren't in this position in the first place. Being new on the forum no one knows me or my character. Ask SteveC, I have purchased several tools from him with no problems. I realize you don't know me but I can assure you that I'm very honest.

That being said Mike and I have come to a resolution. I'm returning the tool. Sorry my being concerned over a purchase has affected you.

John

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69