Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fiskars Scissors

ca Offline jcs0001

Fiskars Scissors
on: July 25, 2016, 05:04:15 PM
I was in Mountain Equipment Coop (mec.ca) yesterday and noticed these scissors.  Having heard that Fiskars makes good scissors I thought I'd try them.

I found that they are quite stiff so unlikely to unfold when on a key chain.  According to the packaging they are "TSA compliant" for what that's worth.  They are "designed by fiskars in Finland" and made in China.

I've tried them on cotton cloth, thin cardboard (the packaging) and fingernails and they work well.  The handles are comfortable and although some kind of plastic seem quite strong.  The overall length of the scissors (ready for use) is 10.6 cm (just under 4 1/4 in).  Folded they are 6 cm long (approx 2 3/8 in).

I also purchased a couple of locking biners and s-biners from another store.

A regular s-biner is shown at the top and the two below it are unlocked.

Shown locked.  The lock on the s-biner is quite stiff, the one on the biner is easier to move.

John.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Fiskars Scissors
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 05:52:20 PM
You could also "ranger band"  ( rubber band ) them if you feel like they could unfold.

Neat little scissors.   

Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 11:32:29 PM
Yes - an elastic is a good idea.  They may loosen up with use but for now they are really stiff.  I was wondering if they could be modded and incorporated into a multitool that was scissor-less but even on their own they are quite nice.

John.

gb Offline Billy Ruffian

Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 07:24:11 PM
I've got those little Fiskars, I've had them for about 3 years, carry them everywhere with me, use them regularly and they are still just as stiff as when I bought them! Good little scissors and I can see it would be no good if they were loose and floppy, but for me they are too stiff.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 07:36:59 PM
I have always liked that design of folding scissors :cheers: Good find :tu:

us Offline Gardel

Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 10:48:34 PM
I have had a pair of these for years. There's no chance of them opening up by accident from my experience due to sufficient friction. If you close them fully, I wouldn't worry about them opening on accident.

The thing that bothers me about these is that the tips are broad, like those of a pair of children's scissors. You cannot get in close like you can with a pair of embroidery scissors or the scissors on a 58mm Victorinox SAK. As a result, I've since switched to carrying the latter and keep these Fiskars scissors open and in a desk drawer instead.

us Offline fkrow

Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 09:24:58 PM
You could grind or file the tips to a point for fine work.

Regards,
FK

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24