Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Beater Duluth Handyboy

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Beater Duluth Handyboy
on: July 28, 2016, 07:28:06 PM
After a family friend broke the pliers on my Leatherman Super Tool 300 on a fencing job, I'm really beginning to question the toughness of pliers based multitools, since the heads are rarely forged or carbon tool steel. I've looked at the Duluth Handyboy, but many are out of my price range.    The Duluth Handyboy series sounds perfect--slipjoint pliers, with a flathead screwdriver on one handle, and a Crescent type wrench on the other.   I've looked at the CTA Tools knockoff, but I really wouldn't trust a bargain bin tool like it--given the large amount of broken bargain bin tools in both my grandfather's and my tools. Duluth pliers have a great reputation.

I'm looking for a beater of either of the two sizes of this tool--minor damage or rust is fine.  I'm looking for a user, not a collection piece.   Budget is $30 and under.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Beater Duluth Handyboy
Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 07:36:24 PM
Crescent or Channel Lock :think: One of those make a very good fencing tool that is wire cutter based and usually sale at Tractor Supply for a reasonable price but that may not be what you are after as I don't think I know what the Duluth Handyboy is ???

MTs are meant to help you in a bind rather than really hard use as well ;) I would get dedicated tools for hard work like fencing as well :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%