Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

TOPS Overlander and Spyderco Sage 1

styx · 9 · 1058

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
TOPS Overlander and Spyderco Sage 1
on: August 14, 2016, 04:59:47 PM
Well ladies and gentlemen I've got a modified (by the previous owner) TOPS Overlander and a Spyderco Sage 1 for a trade. Both items are used.
I'm looking for a fixed blade with a blade length between 3.8 and 5 inches primarily. Quite frankly it's a bit hard to gauge the value of these 2 knives as it depends on the market so in some places the Sage is in the same range as some Fallkniven and BRKT knives, while in other places there is a difference. So haggling it is (other items of interest being folders, AA flashlights and Fallkniven sharpening stones)

Please excuse the crappy pics, the knives actually look better in person (I'll do my best to get some proper pics that do 'em justice)

Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Online cody6268

Re: TOPS Overlander and Spyderco Sage 1
Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 09:10:04 PM
Awesome knives!   Ever thought about a US military issue Pilot's Survival Knife. They're excellent quality, and meant to be abused (tests included the knife's pommel being used as a hammer when it got the military spec), and have a five inch blade.  They're full tang, and 1095 Carbon (which rusts if not taken care of, but it's my favorite blade steel), and Ontario makes one with a Kraton handle instead of the leather washers which tend to rot.   They are about $30-40. I've got a Vietnam dated Camillus, but the knife's edge is so badly destroyed, it can't be sharpened.  I think a putty knife comes sharper than it is currently.

hr Offline styx

Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 09:17:08 PM
Those are amazing knives, just like the Ka-Bar Mk1 but at this point 1095 doesn't really go along with me

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

it Offline SolomonKane79

• Don't send flowers, but marlin spikes!
Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 12:34:54 PM
Are these still up?

Inviato dal mio LG-H500 utilizzando Tapatalk

Antonio

hr Offline styx

Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 02:02:43 PM
Yes

hr Offline styx

Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 02:58:31 PM
bump

hr Offline styx

Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 03:22:24 PM
TOPS has been traded

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 05:45:44 PM
Congrats

Esse Quam Videri

hr Offline styx

Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 07:52:42 PM
thanks

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%