Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Possibly rare Gerber multi-tool?

Offline Evan Wagner

• New User
Possibly rare Gerber multi-tool?
on: August 15, 2016, 02:54:19 AM
A couple years ago I found this tool on the beach in near perfect condition. (Guessing the guy who left it must've been drunk, since there was an empty bottle of scotch nearby.) It's made by Gerber, but there doesn't appear to be any tool like it on their official website. I can't find any sort of product number on the tool, which is understandable, since it says 'Patent Pending' on the side. I just wanted to know if anyone could identify it, and tell whether it's rare or not. Thanks.

Here's some pictures:
20160814_204427.jpg
* 20160814_204427.jpg (Filesize: 114.83 KB)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 02:55:21 AM by Evan Wagner »

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Possibly rare Gerber multi-tool?
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 11:57:34 AM
Probably an early V2 "Mr Pinchy" (so named for its ability to produce blood blisters on the palm of your hand before you even know it's going to happen).  Officially Gerber called it a Multi-Plier.  For some more detailed info see here:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,48158.msg928733.html#msg928733

The big "awl" on these is particularly impressive, and the MT is generally pretty simple and robust.  This version isn't super rare, and they appear on ebay fairly often.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 01:52:39 PM
A couple years ago I found this tool on the beach in near perfect condition. (Guessing the guy who left it must've been drunk, since there was an empty bottle of scotch nearby.) It's made by Gerber, but there doesn't appear to be any tool like it on their official website. I can't find any sort of product number on the tool, which is understandable, since it says 'Patent Pending' on the side. I just wanted to know if anyone could identify it, and tell whether it's rare or not. Thanks.

Here's some pictures:

Rare of not it is a very nice MT for a Gerber collector :cheers: Nice find :like:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 06:23:13 AM

Here's some pictures:

Rare of not it is a very nice MT for a Gerber collector :cheers: Nice find :like:

That's where it went!  Darn glad you found it!  I'm also glad to hear the bottle was empty. I was even more worried that I might have left a small dram.   :whistle: :rofl: :D
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 06:57:18 AM
Rare.... no. A awesome tool... yes.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68