Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My hatchets and combo tools.............

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
My hatchets and combo tools.............
on: August 22, 2016, 04:42:51 AM
These are some I've collected over the years.The Gerber and the SOG were gifts from my son.I have several older ones in my tool boxes in the shop and will have to dig them out to see what they are.
Combination tools were made by several knife companies but never seemed to be too popular as most of the remaining ones are usually found in near unused condition.
The first one is a Case XX Knifax with wood scales. They were also made with genuine stag and bone.Like all combination tools they are strictly light duty items.
The next one is made by Colonial Knife Co.These were available as either a single piece or combined in a common sheath with a small fixed blade and sometimes a scout/utility folder.
Third is one made by Keenwell Mfg Co which was a forerunner of KA-BAR knives.When I bought this one the sheath was in terrible shape and resisted all attempts at repair. Miraculously I found one(along with an extra ax blade)on e-Bay! KA_BAR also made a knife/ax combination tool.
Last one is a Western.The two knives did not come with it but have the same handles. I am thinking of having a sheath made to house all three.
CaseXXKnifAxWoodHandle2016.jpg
* CaseXXKnifAxWoodHandle2016.jpg (Filesize: 49.14 KB)
ColonialAx2016.jpg
* ColonialAx2016.jpg (Filesize: 40.01 KB)
KeenwellKnifeAxCombination2016.jpg
* KeenwellKnifeAxCombination2016.jpg (Filesize: 46.26 KB)
WesternHatchet&F28&F48Knives 1.jpg
* WesternHatchet&F28&F48Knives 1.jpg (Filesize: 52.25 KB)

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Re: My hatchets and combo tools.............
Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 04:44:48 AM
Here are my Gerber and SOG hatchets.
GerberHatchet 001.jpg
* GerberHatchet 001.jpg (Filesize: 56.04 KB)
GerberHatchet 002.jpg
* GerberHatchet 002.jpg (Filesize: 51.14 KB)
SOGHatchet 001.jpg
* SOGHatchet 001.jpg (Filesize: 55.02 KB)
SOGHatchet 002.jpg
* SOGHatchet 002.jpg (Filesize: 53.01 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 05:33:18 AM
Very nice Ray 8) I always loved those exchangeable head models as well :tu: Just never been fortunate to find any in real life though :ahhh

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 06:38:45 AM
They show up on e-Bay occasionally but most prices look like telephone numbers lol. I missed out on a beautiful Case knifax awhile ago.Going uptown I drove by a yard sale that I saw on a side street. Could have backed up and pulled in but decided to drive around the block. Got out of my car just as a guy was picking one up off a table and gave the seller a $10 bill!.Looked to be in great shape and worth about 20 times that.
The Keenwell is kind of an unusual one I had never seen before. Paid $42 for it and the sheath and extra hatchet blade cost me another $35 so I'm into it for less than $80. The Case I think cost me $50 when I bought it;goes around $250 or so now.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 06:46:30 AM

Nice selection Ray. loving the Western  :tu:
Everything’s adjustable

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24