Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Armytek?

ca Offline jcs0001

Armytek?
on: August 24, 2016, 05:45:34 AM
I did a quick search of the forum and found nothing under armytek lights.  I believe there was concern shown on another forum about the quality, although I haven't had problems with mine.

I have a Tiara A1 pro - 1st generation and use it as a bedside lamp every night.  It is a right angle headlamp although my use is as a flashlight.  It can use one aa or a lithium 14500 rechargable.  I usually use a 14500.

It has a number of brightness levels and I find that the second lowest works well in the house at night.

I've had no trouble with it and it has been my used light since I bought it about 2 years ago.  Figuring out the modes can take a bit of time as there are a few choices.

I will post a few photos later.

John

ca Offline jcs0001

Re: Armytek?
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 03:24:25 PM
A photo of the light with a Sog toolclip, an eneloop aa and a sanyo 14500 for scale:

The light has a strong magnet in the base (easily removed).   This photo shows it standing out horizontally from our fridge.  Note the lense - it gives a very smooth wide beam angle:

The surface is some type of anodizing however it isn't shiny and is instead a bit "grippy".  It seems to be quite durable so far.  Threading and general workmanship on this light is excellent.  I've accidentally dropped it from waist high onto hard surfaces at least two or three times with no problems.

One complaint that I noticed from other owners was that the switch is stiff.  I do find it a bit that way but not so much as to be a problem.  I'm not sure if it has improved over time or not.

John.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 03:53:15 PM
Looks like a nice light to me. As long as you like it and it works for you, more power to you man.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline David Quevedo

Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 07:25:41 AM
I had started a thread on Armytek lights, in another forum, but here it is:

My first Armytek light was the Predator v2.5 - a single 18650 Cree XP-G2 R5 light, which I absolutely love.

It's got a matte finish (very low profile), and, even without the knurling, it is extremely grippy (has a nice solid feel in the hand - doesn't have that slippery finish that many lights have. This would be particularly useful, in the rain, or in less-than-friendly environments).

The build quality is fantastic. It reminds me of my Olight M20-X (a tank). The smooth, very deep reflector and slightly larger head give it a really good throw range; but it also has a nice generous spill beam, as well.

I particularly like the XP-G2 R5 emitter, because it strikes a nice balance between the XM-L2 U2 (super bright white) and the ever-so-loved Nichia 219 (beautifully neutral). Technically, it's a cool white, but I see it more as a neutral tint - very useful.

400 meter beam is very nice, for this size light. Not too many lights of this size have that kind of throw. They offer a 10-year no hassle warranty (assuming the light hasn't been severely abused), and many of their lights have an IP68 rating (Rated to a 10-meter drop. This would kill most high performance lights).

The rubber tactical ring is removable, and can be mounted on the tail end of the light, making the light tail-stand-capable.

The latest pic (I now hae three of their lights):

Left to Right:

Dobermann XP-L, Predator V 2.5 (XP-G2 R5), and Barracuda XM-L2 T6IMG_8892.jpg

I am anxious to try out some of their warm-tinted high-powered headlamps :D

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 09:36:55 PM
David

Thanks for the photos.  Seems we both have high opinions of army tek lights based on those we own.  I quite like the Matt finish - as you mentioned it is not slippery.

John

us Offline David Quevedo

Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 11:30:13 PM
My pleasure!  I love taking and posting pictures!

This one was taken before I acquired the Dobermann XP-L

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 11:32:58 PM
David:

I showed my wife your last photo, mentioning that I had not much of a light collection.  Her response " Don't get any ideas" (in a threatening tone) :)

John.

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 11:42:57 PM
David:

I showed my wife your last photo, mentioning that I had not much of a light collection.  Her response " Don't get any ideas" (in a threatening tone) :)

John.

:rofl: :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44