Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox pen?

se Offline hectorlektor

Victorinox pen?
on: August 25, 2016, 11:14:36 PM
So I have been looking for a simple but effective short EDC pen to carry on my keychain. I looked into space pens, that eternity pen that will last forever where you write from the metal it's made of but they were all to large or so pale in the "ink" and so on. But than I thought about the Victorinox pen that is pressurized and comes with some SAK's. So I was thinking about making it somehow into a keychain pen and making a cap or something for it. ANybody have any ideas?
Plus, it's so cheap  :D

Offline Mattexian

Re: Victorinox pen?
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 05:03:17 AM
I think a better choice is the Trekker Space Pen.  Already configured for carrying on a key chain or neck lanyard.
The SAK pens I've got (Signature Light and Yeoman with plus scales) seem too small for serious writing, more for an emergency when you forgot all your other pens.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

R

au Offline lshaw

Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 06:22:23 AM
Easy to put on a lanyard or key chain, use sugru

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 12:05:39 PM
Perfect use for Sugru. Or wrap it in duct tape to make it more comfortable to hold, as an added bonus you'll always have duct tape with you.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 12:46:31 PM
I didn't know that Sugru thing. It looks niice. Is it as good as promised?

au Offline lshaw

Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 11:46:28 AM
Sugru is amazing. Better than promised!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 06:13:12 PM
I have one designed for keychain carry, I don't remember where it is, but it twists and the whole tip comes out, that used to be my carry until I made one for my wallet, I took a simple ink cartridge a bobbypin and heat shrink tubing, and I'm sure you can figure how it goes, but it fits perfectly in the crease of the wallet clipped in, when needed just slides out, and I must say it has come in useful a couple times, I thought I had a few pics but can't find them. If interested I can see about looking for that other one and I can take a few pics..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 07:56:03 PM
I looked around and found the pen I was talking about, but I also found a few others, here's a pic to show how they work, the one you just twist but then your working with a small pen, yet that other one if its for a quick use you just pop it out and use it while small, but if it's going to be used for a little longer you switch a few things around and then you have a full size pen, I put that fisher up top to kinda give an idea on size, that one on the bottom is the one I made, put a few little pieces to give a kinda grip, then the full size to secure the Bobbypin, I like it, it's come in handy a few times. That other is just a piece of junk that came with a little notepad, with that little piece hanging off its suppose to give a grip, but I don't like it.. Hope this helps, if any questions don't hesitate..
JR
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 198.26 KB)
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline JamesJ

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 11:23:00 AM
I looked around and found the pen I was talking about, but I also found a few others, here's a pic to show how they work.....

Heatshrink with bobby pin idea is new to me...and I'm stealing it...but I'll give you credit if anyone asks about it. "Guy from the thingy made it up."
-JJL
instagram: jamesjlarue (warning, lots of cat pics along with the SAKs)

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 04:01:01 PM
I looked around and found the pen I was talking about, but I also found a few others, here's a pic to show how they work.....

Heatshrink with bobby pin idea is new to me...and I'm stealing it...but I'll give you credit if anyone asks about it. "Guy from the thingy made it up."
I gotta say I got the idea from someone else, but it was like, a bent paper clip with duct tape? And I was like umm, I don't think that's going to last,, the same with a unique duct tape keychain I made, others were wrapping it around stuff again like paper clips, but I got 2" cotter pins, stated it from the inside and wrapped the tape around.. Looked and worked great, only downer was over time the tape started to stretch as any tape would, but if a small washer was welded to the bottom of the pin it would like be perfect! So I can't take total credit, only partial credit..
JR

Same with making a pen, I just took simple bic pens, took the plastic off and just used large knitting needles. Turned out great, I think there a little lighter, and heck aluminum!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:24:19 PM by MadPlumbarian »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%