Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hacker Badge Request

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Hacker Badge Request
on: September 23, 2016, 03:38:45 AM
I've done a lot of modding myself, but none I have been completely satisfied with. It's always been something about it that never stopped my hunt. Usually I get so frustrated that I'm doing what Leatherman should've done that I move on to the next project :rant: but most recently I've been tinkering with the Rebar and the Wave. The Wave³ mod was close to what I wanted but it still wasn't quite right. I've always wanted a Charge TTi but to pay $170 for a multi with no awl :bnghd: I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Plus I didn't like the new TTi scales. So really it was a lose lose. I also prefer the Wave plier head over the Rebar. I didn't notice much of a difference with performance.

Thus, with a generous sell from Sir_mike I was able to attain an old style Charge Ti. They are very hard to find and it seemed to be my last shot at one. I've seen all of the debates on is the Charge worth the extra cost over the wave? It's still a 50/50 answer. In hand the Charge feels soooooooooooo much better than the wave. However if I'm paying a premium it would also be nice to have a different tool set. Even if slightly. So, combined with parts from several other members the build began.

Before shot of Charge (Mike's pic)

Initial shot of what I began with

First end loose

Opposite side

First handle completed

Both handles in

Fully reassembled

For me this is my best mod to date. Hopefully enough for the hacker badge. Even more so glad to share this journey with you :cheers:

"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Hacker Badge Request
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 04:43:51 AM
Seems good enough for me :like: Really cool mod and walk through buddy :tu:

Badge awarded :cheers:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Hacker Badge Request
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 05:51:49 AM