Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A customization SAK? New product idea

ca Offline xtool-edc

• New User
  • Born a maker, Lives as a creator
A customization SAK? New product idea
on: September 25, 2016, 05:05:28 AM
Hello! My name is Clayton and I am new to the multitool forum and the modding group. I am a 15 year old boy from Ontario looking to develop a product and possibly start a kickstarter and then start selling.
 I have a startup company called XTools. I have only designed one product so far and its almost ready for production. The thing that makes it special is that its modular, the user can pop off the plastic side, slide out a locking pin and remove the main hinge pin, the tools can then be removed and replaced with one more suited for the day or job ahead. I have different grouping of tools that are sold in packages and individually from hunting to fishing to wood work. Users simply take off the side, pull out the pin, remove the hinge. After that users can adjust the tools set with sizes like the regular (Large knife, saw, fish scaler with hook disgorger, measuring tool with square and MMGS and IPS rulers and a large metal file/metal saw.) The next category is the heavy duty section, with thicker steel and bigger tools I think it deserves a lot of attention, this includes (Pliers with wire cutters and a round grip, bit driver and hopefully an upcoming multi use wrench.) and the final section is the small section with 2 tools both folding in one slot, this includes (small knife with seatbelt and rope cutter built in, a fishing rig with a hook and spooling mechanism and can and bottle openers.) I believe that this would make a great product and allow people to focus on what they want, and not what's offered. Keep in mind this is the first design and I plan to change things in the future.
If anyone from the modding community has any pointers, feedback or an idea for a tool please tell me! I can design it now and add it to the knife. I think from the modding perspective this tool is awesome, and it looks like you guys will love it too!
Thanks so much,
Clayton
 :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: A customization SAK? New product idea
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 05:37:40 AM
Hey xtool-edc I know you are excited about you new tool and all but....

As this is a privately owned and members funded forum we can't allow you to advertise for free here. We have members here paying for the privilege to advertise and allowing you to do so for free wouldn't be fair to them. If you're searching for input and thoughts on projects you'll need to upgrade your account to a Research and Development subscription you can buy here for only $10 for 30 days or $100 a year.

Then you'll be able to post links to your project in our R&D subforum.

Or if you're trying to fund your project, check out our Crowd Funding board. Crowd Sourcing subscription is $20 per month.

Be sure to read Multitool.org Think Tank Rules too.

If you have any more questions or would like arrange options for advertising your tool, please contact Grant Lamontagne, the site owner via email.

Nice to have you with us and you can enjoy the forum and take part in the discussions, but don't advertise anymore until you've made arrangements to do so with the forum owner. :cheers:

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 05:19:56 PM
:spam:
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

us Offline s1xty7

Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 05:10:49 AM
And with all that said, welcome to the forum.  Nobody here is trying to discourage your idea, but just giving guidance. I would be excited to hear more about such an undertaking and hope you can get all of your i's dotted and t's crossed.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 01:50:24 PM
And with all that said, welcome to the forum.  Nobody here is trying to discourage your idea, but just giving guidance. I would be excited to hear more about such an undertaking and hope you can get all of your i's dotted and t's crossed.

Yes this is true :tu: and I did welcome him in another thread :cheers: :D That is just our policy and the way things have to be done to keep this forum running ;)

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24