Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Customizing Vic Delemonts.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Customizing Vic Delemonts.
on: September 25, 2016, 11:15:49 PM
I'd like to do some mods to my Junior 09, a Victorinox Delemont.  I'd like to do two things--swap the nail file for a combo tool, and the blade for a regular spear point Wenger, both coming from a Wenger Golfer with bad liners. I've decided to do so, since the Wenger's snap is so bad, it's useless. The Junior 09 was an $8 Amazon deal, and I don't like the blunt blade and nail file. On a two layer knife with no openers, a combo tool is a much better use of prime space than a nail file.

So, are there any tool differences between a 1990s Wenger and a modern Vic Delemont that would keep the combo tool and blade from fitting?

The Junior 09 has the Packlock blade lock. Is it possible to remove the  Packlock, or will I have to modify the Golfer blade to fit into a Packlock system?  Is it even possible to modify a normal, non locking spear point blade for Packlock?

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Re: Customizing Vic Delemonts.
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 02:11:59 PM
I have not done this but it should work fine.

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 11:50:16 PM
Hmm, I know that Vic did some redesigns on the Delemont line but I'm unsure as to wheter it interferes with interchangability. You will not be able to just remove the lock-tab since the packlock also uses a special backspring (well, it might work I wouldn't chance it). A better way might be to use the spring from the new knife instead of the pack-lock spring. Othervise it should be possible to grind away at the new blade and adapt it for the Pack-lock.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 05:27:25 PM
Vic Delemonts are a pain to work on.  Goofy parts, really odd.  Im pretty sure the backsprings are different, but the main parts like blades SHOULD be compatible.  The pin stock size is the same I think.  I only worked on 2 and after that experience never ever ever again would I work on one.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68