Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fenix E05 problem

de Offline Josh613

Fenix E05 problem
on: October 03, 2016, 03:08:17 PM
Went to use my Fenix E05 in the garage and as I turned it on high mode it started flickering, almost as iif it cycling through the modes? Its never done this before so not sure why its doing it now. I tried a new battery and that fixed it for a short time then it happened again. Cleaned the contacts too and the thread on the twisty part. I bought this from Heinnie haynes in january 2015 I believe

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Re: Fenix E05 problem
Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 02:32:10 AM
not sure if you tried rubbing alcohol to clean contacts, but this also helps sometimes. also when you have tail cap off clean the bottom of the tube, the flat side that has exposed aluminum.

what type of battery were you using?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 02:33:20 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 04:43:47 AM
not sure if you tried rubbing alcohol to clean contacts, but this also helps sometimes. also when you have tail cap off clean the bottom of the tube, the flat side that has exposed aluminum.

what type of battery were you using?

Yup, this has worked on a few of my lights. A good clean up with alcohol, dry thoroughly, and use a silicone lube on threads. If a new battery cured this for a while, it reinforces it in my mind. The slightly higher voltage of a new battery can overcome a minor connection issue, then revert to fault as the voltage backs off a little in my experience

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

de Offline Josh613

Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 05:04:04 PM
A energizer, the tail cap doesn't come off

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 03:40:34 AM
By Tail cap you could consider this the main body or battery compartment for the E05.

If yoy cleaned the contacts inside the head, did you also clean the surface of the body where is makes with the two negative contacts in the head? Make sure you don't have any lubricant on the contact points.

Your old battery hasn't leaked and caused some corrosion inside the body at the spring?

I think if the battery is low, it will just stay at the same as medium when put on high, and if it is too low then low mode is all you get until it stops altogether

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 09:35:37 PM
Amici,
On a positive note the Fenix E05 is relatively inexpensive (in the US), so if this one turns out to be a lemon, a replacement can be picked up relatively on the cheap.. You could also reach out to the vendor directly, and see if they would exchange the broken bugger for a working replacement.

I've had no issues getting a replacement light directly from Maglite as well as Eagtac when something "goofy" caused those lights to fail in explicitly. 

Cheers,
Serge
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56