Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Can we get the red Pioneer X in the US anywhere?

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Can we get the red Pioneer X in the US anywhere?
on: October 15, 2016, 03:00:18 AM
I see that the Pioneer X has other colors available and noticed a red one on some sight awhile ago.  Are those available in the US anywhere and if so, how much do they cost?  I like the red one.

Thx.

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Re: Can we get the red Pioneer X in the US anywhere?
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 03:12:51 AM
That's what I'm sayin!  :gimme:
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 03:58:53 AM
I see that the Pioneer X has other colors available and noticed a red one on some sight awhile ago.  Are those available in the US anywhere and if so, how much do they cost?  I like the red one.

Thx.
I'll take that! And blue, and green, and orange, and and and...

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 01:43:36 PM
I've not seen the Pioneer X in anything other than silver in the UK :-(

If I found it in red I think I would have to buy it! Are there any online shops in Europe that will ship to the UK that have it in red? This page implies some Germnan shops have it in red, but where?: http://swissknives.info/pioneer-x-2016/

This German shop has some colours (including black and dark green), but not red: https://www.schweizermesser-shop.de/schweizer-taschenmesser/alox/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 01:49:34 PM by Oxford_Guy »
"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 06:43:24 PM
I found this listed, but I think it's probably the "wine red" colour I've seen elsewhere, rather than the bright red everyone wants: https://www.ricardo.ch/kaufen/sammeln-und-seltenes/militaer-schweiz/militaer-messer/victorinox/v/an859648286/

"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 07:23:30 PM
So nothing within the US??

How much to get one sent to me from outside the US?

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 08:22:12 PM
So nothing within the US??

How much to get one sent to me from outside the US?

I've not even found any in Europe (or at least not that I could find)

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 10:01:24 PM
BTW If I do find any available to order in Europe that will deliver to the UK, but not US, I'd be happy to buy extra and forward on.

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 11:10:53 PM
BTW If I do find any available to order in Europe that will deliver to the UK, but not US, I'd be happy to buy extra and forward on.

I appreciate that and will consider that depending on the price!  :)  I may also consider a color other than red if I have too.

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 12:12:54 AM
Managed to pick up blue and green Pioneer Xs on ebay from dealers in Europe. A bit pricey but available.

IMG_8102.JPG
* IMG_8102.JPG (Filesize: 65.47 KB)
IMG_8119.JPG
* IMG_8119.JPG (Filesize: 58.8 KB)

us Offline BerkshireHunter

Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 04:28:55 AM
I'm waiting for the color pioneer X's here as well. It's almost as if Victorinox has said, "no."  :D Hopefully for the holidays...  :whistle:

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 09:37:30 AM
Am also hoping for an Electrician X - small sheepsfoot blade is more useful to me for an EDC SAK than the can opener

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 02:49:45 PM
I found this on French eBay - Red Pioneer X and Wenger Titanium 2 as a bundle:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/SWISS-ARMY-KNIFE-SET-VICTORINOX-PIONEER-X-RED-LCSAS-WENGER-TITANIUM-2-/262648328868?hash=item3d270f72a4:g:qO4AAOSwLF1X7M6Y

Possibly tempted...

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: October 16, 2016, 03:48:01 PM
Weird bundle.

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #14 on: October 16, 2016, 05:08:50 PM

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 08:42:28 PM
I have seen some bundled ones but not interested in them, just a single!  Besides the bundled ones seem kinda high priced too.

Maybe I will skip it for now and sometime I am sure they Pioneer X in red or blue will make its way to the US through some places like DLT trading or Cutlery Shoppe or others.

I wanted a red Pioneer and thought about the red Pioneer X for my oldest son!  I will figure something else out.

Thx.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:44:12 PM by sir_mike »

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 09:04:31 PM
The red and white look is just sooo Swiss! C'mon  :gimme:

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 12:25:50 AM
The red and white look is just sooo Swiss! C'mon  :gimme:

Yeah that is why I really want a red Pioneer X and Pioneer!  :)

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 06:43:00 PM
This German shop has some colours (including black and dark green), but not red: https://www.schweizermesser-shop.de/schweizer-taschenmesser/alox/

They did have red, must have sold out.  I'm sure they'll get more.

fr Offline jcfiguet

Reply #19 on: October 18, 2016, 05:29:20 AM
Just for the dream !

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 05:48:31 AM
We need answers...  ???

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 06:19:48 AM
I would prefer a red one but would also consider a green or blue Pioneer X.

On another note, it is my understanding that the red alox Pioneer is still around and common in South Africa so can anyone hook me up with one or two of those??

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #22 on: October 18, 2016, 09:13:46 AM
I would prefer a red one but would also consider a green or blue Pioneer X.

On another note, it is my understanding that the red alox Pioneer is still around and common in South Africa so can anyone hook me up with one or two of those??

Well green and black are available (or were yesterday when I looked), but I want to hold out for red!

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: October 18, 2016, 01:23:15 PM
That Schweizer Messer guy - the one responsible for the 4 colours of Pioneer X - has an amazing range of colours for regular Pioneers.
This is gorgeous!

and so is this...

I just wish he made Cadets in these colours. As someone who has no use for an awl or a tin opener, half the tools on the Pioneer are useless to me; the X changes that with the scissors, but still, 2/5ths are dead weight...

I have a couple of unused Xs I don't need - green and blue - they will go up for sale on the Sales part of the forum as soon as I find my camera.

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #24 on: October 18, 2016, 02:17:19 PM
That Schweizer Messer guy - the one responsible for the 4 colours of Pioneer X - has an amazing range of colours for regular Pioneers.
This is gorgeous!
(Image removed from quote.)
and so is this...

I just wish he made Cadets in these colours. As someone who has no use for an awl or a tin opener, half the tools on the Pioneer are useless to me; the X changes that with the scissors, but still, 2/5ths are dead weight...

I have a couple of unused Xs I don't need - green and blue - they will go up for sale on the Sales part of the forum as soon as I find my camera.

Personally I dislike those two colours, though the "Petrolblau" that store has is quite nice. I actually find the awl/reamer really useful - mainly for making starter screw/drill holes, but also, well, for making holes in anything that needs a hole! The can opener is less useful, though I have used it for its main intended purpose a few times, more often though it's another screwdriver option (always good to have) and can be used for removing the foil from wine bottle necks or as a general purpose scaper or thin, but strong pry. I also prefer the heavier blade of the Pioneer range to the Cadet and it's a more comfortable size to hold. The Cadet is nice for just dissappearing into any pocket, though!

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 06:15:45 PM
This is gorgeous!
and so is this...

I prefer the Pioneer over the Cadet because I think the awl is more useful than the nail file but do like the size of the Cadet too!  Also as mentioned, I too like the heavier Pioneer blade over the Cadets but really either would work for me!

Heck I could probably get by with just the Solo but I don't have one of those either!  :)  I would really like a Cadet size with either the awl or the small blade in it.

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 06:23:40 PM
This is gorgeous!
and so is this...

I prefer the Pioneer over the Cadet because I think the awl is more useful than the nail file but do like the size of the Cadet too!  Also as mentioned, I too like the heavier Pioneer blade over the Cadets but really either would work for me!

Heck I could probably get by with just the Solo but I don't have one of those either!  :)  I would really like a Cadet size with either the awl or the small blade in it.

If going single layer I think the Pioneer Apprentice (with sheepsfoot electrician's blade) would be better to get than the Solo, or even the pruner, as adds no extra thickness and not much weight

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:39:21 PM by Oxford_Guy »

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 06:46:09 PM
If going single layer I think the Pioneer Apprentice (with sheepsfoot electrician's blade) would be better to get than the Solo, or even the pruner,

I don't even know where I'd look for one of those. The Pruner is still around, but the Apprentice? I've never seen them here in Europeland.
Personally, I have a psychological problem with SAKs that are too minimal... if it doesn't have a bottle opener, it isn't a SAK!

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 06:52:44 PM
If going single layer I think the Pioneer Apprentice (with sheepsfoot electrician's blade) would be better to get than the Solo, or even the pruner,

I don't even know where I'd look for one of those. The Pruner is still around, but the Apprentice? I've never seen them here in Europeland.
Personally, I have a psychological problem with SAKs that are too minimal... if it doesn't have a bottle opener, it isn't a SAK!

I don't think you can get them in the UK, but think they're available in some other European countries. I agree, though, I'd rather have something with a beverage opener! I'm surprised they don't do a single layer Pioneer with the Combo tool  (basically a 93mm Bantam). Also, I don't actually find two layer alox that thick, so would rather just carry a Soldier, Standard Issue or Electrician

fr Offline jcfiguet

Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 07:52:50 PM
This is gorgeous!
and so is this...

Alox 1 layers on the european market... All on ebay !

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%