Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Withdrawn - RAT RC-3 for sale

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Withdrawn - RAT RC-3 for sale
on: October 20, 2016, 03:07:30 PM
Due to vets bills I am having to sell my newly acquired RAT cutlery RC-3. It's a fantastic knife, but needs must..........

This has only been played with so is in excellent condition. It has micarta scales and a black powder coating.
It comes with a kydex sheath and attachment with clip and a canvas molle sheath.
Here are some details from the ESEE version (this is the original RAT, not the Ontario):

Features:

Overall Length - 8.5”/21.25cm
    Blade Length – 3.875”/9.7cm
    Cutting Edge – 3.375”/8.5cm
    Thickness – 0.125”/3.2mm
    Weight – 5.2oz/150g (Knife Only)
    Weight – 265g (Knife & Sheath)
    1095 Carbon Steel – 57RC

This is about £115 brand new so I am putting it up for £80.00 including p&p. I will consider posting internationally but postage will be extra. I have paypal.

Pics:
WP_20161014_013 by magpie2112, on FlickrWP_20161014_011 by magpie2112, on FlickrWP_20161014_007 by magpie2112, on Flickr

If you want any further info or pics let me know.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:56:09 PM by magentus »
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Re: RAT RC-3 Reluctant Sale
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 04:20:56 PM
On the ground that it's your perfect knife, I hereby refuse to buy it. The fact that I am utterly skint does play a very large factor in the equation too.  :whistle:

Sorry to hear you're in this predicament Luke. I hope you find another way of funding the vet bills before someone snatches this up.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 04:25:31 PM
On the ground that it's your perfect knife, I hereby refuse to buy it. The fact that I am utterly skint does play a very large factor in the equation too.  :whistle:

Sorry to hear you're in this predicament Luke. I hope you find another way of funding the vet bills before someone snatches this up.
Cheers Fiddy. I suppose seeing as you're broke too you won't be taking me up on my other services then?

I guess I'll be off down the docks tonight then.  :facepalm:

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 06:51:10 PM
Ah man that sucks - I feel for you after your comments about the knife :(

I hope you get stuff sorted soon  :cheers:
I used to come here a lot.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 08:03:02 PM
I couldn't buy that knife off of you knowing that I am taking away a good man's "perfect knife." Good luck raising the money and I hope you find a way to do it before you have to sell your RC-3!

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: RAT RC-3 for sale
Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 12:21:56 PM
I'll buy and and hold it until you're ready for your perfect knife again  :tu:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 12:48:03 PM
What a damn fine thing to do Kevin :hatsoff:

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 01:12:05 PM
Well done Kevin  :salute:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 01:37:45 PM
Thanks Kevin - it's a fine and generous gesture. I can't accept though, I'm sorry.  :cheers:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 09:55:36 PM
Well, pay day has arrived and the news that my wife has a new job, so I'm taking these omens as a sign to take this fine knife off the market and use it. I've extended our overdraft until the end of next month so we can pay the vets bill and cross our fingers the dog stays well  :facepalm:

I'd like to publicly thank all those members who messaged me both on this thread and privately to hold the knife for me until I could afford to buy it back, and all those who expressed support. The generosity on the forum is overwhelming  and I apologise if I seemed ungrateful. There are many more deserving people than me, but I want you to know I appreciated all yoyur support, both moral and financial.

This truly is the best forum on the whole internet!

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Withdrawn - RAT RC-3 for sale
Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 10:57:18 PM
Really glad to hear you found another way through the minefield, and managed to avoid sacrificing the knife. Everyone should have at least one good knife, and it would have been a crying shame to have to give it up.

I hope the dog has no further issues, and you can look ahead to some better stability. Congrats to the Mrs on her new job too  :cheers:

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 12:00:23 AM
I missed this somehow  :facepalm:

Mags,  I hope Bonnie is going to be okay !

What happened  ?

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 05:45:53 AM
Glad to hear everything got worked out! Will keep you guys in my thoughts/prayers as you work towards greater stability. Very glad to hear that you got to keep the knife and pay the bill, not choose one or the other. Enjoy it!! Hopefully you will get much more than your money's worth out of it! RAT/ESSE makes a good knife.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 06:55:46 AM
Glad to hear everything got worked out! Will keep you guys in my thoughts/prayers as you work towards greater stability. Very glad to hear that you got to keep the knife and pay the bill, not choose one or the other. Enjoy it!! Hopefully you will get much more than your money's worth out of it! RAT/ESSE makes a good knife.

I second this. 

You'll get thru it, all of you. 
Esse Quam Videri

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 12:16:08 PM

What happened  ?
Hi Steve - Bonnie is ok, but she has had allergies since we brought her home - chewing her paws until they bleed, scratching her eyes, tummy etc. Unfortunately the dogs home didin't tell us about any of this when we got her but it wouldn't have made any difference because we'd fallen in love with her by then. It would just have been good to have been prepared.

Anyway, after tests with the dermatologist, it turns out she has massive allergies - most grasses and most mites, so she's on lots of meds and cleaning regimens. The problem we've financially is that she went to the vets quite quickly after we adopted her (for which we paid a large excess amount) and the meds they prescribed her set off all sorts of other complications including a couple of stays in hospital. Each time this happened we had to pay the insurance excess (thank Cthulhu for insurance  :D ) which quickly used up our savings etc and made poor Bonnie worse each time.

Through all of this Bonnie has been very chipper and has retained her sunny temperament - we couldn't ask for a better dog really, so now we are (hopefully) at the root of her problem she should start to see some improvements. Fingers crossed!

How's Rosie?

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 12:17:35 PM
Thanks for your kind words all.

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 02:37:53 PM

What happened  ?
Hi Steve - Bonnie is ok, but she has had allergies since we brought her home - chewing her paws until they bleed, scratching her eyes, tummy etc. Unfortunately the dogs home didin't tell us about any of this when we got her but it wouldn't have made any difference because we'd fallen in love with her by then. It would just have been good to have been prepared.

Anyway, after tests with the dermatologist, it turns out she has massive allergies - most grasses and most mites, so she's on lots of meds and cleaning regimens. The problem we've financially is that she went to the vets quite quickly after we adopted her (for which we paid a large excess amount) and the meds they prescribed her set off all sorts of other complications including a couple of stays in hospital. Each time this happened we had to pay the insurance excess (thank Cthulhu for insurance  :D ) which quickly used up our savings etc and made poor Bonnie worse each time.

Through all of this Bonnie has been very chipper and has retained her sunny temperament - we couldn't ask for a better dog really, so now we are (hopefully) at the root of her problem she should start to see some improvements. Fingers crossed!

How's Rosie?

Glad it's nothing serious and hopefully you can get a handle on the allergies. I had a neighbor whose dog had bad allergies and the vet put her on a big dose of over the counter Benadryl which took care of it.

Rose's doing alright, even with upping her meds she is still having seizures but she bounces back and doesn't seem any worse for ware. I think it's harder on me than her   :-\

:cheers:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #17 on: October 26, 2016, 02:59:50 PM

What happened  ?

How's Rosie?

Glad it's nothing serious and hopefully you can get a handle on the allergies. I had a neighbor whose dog had bad allergies and the vet put her on a big dose of over the counter Benadryl which took care of it.

Rose's doing alright, even with upping her meds she is still having seizures but she bounces back and doesn't seem any worse for ware. I think it's harder on me than her   :-\

:cheers:
I've said it before but it bears repeating, dogs seem to be stoic creatures - when they're ill they just seem to get on with it while we look on feeling terrible for them. Give Rosie a pat from us (and have one yourself too Steve (: )

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: October 26, 2016, 04:05:21 PM
Thanks buddy  :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00