Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG Powerplay question

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
SOG Powerplay question
on: October 29, 2016, 01:59:18 AM
The bit kit that came with my Powerplay has a hex driver adapter which is kind of like a socket. This tool does not have a socket driver like a Powerlock. Question is, if it is included how do I use it on the powerplay? Does not fit on a flat driver or anything, tired that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Re: SOG Powerplay question
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 03:26:56 AM
Not sure ??? Maybe it's the same bit kit they use with the Powerlock. Pics
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 03:32:19 AM
Sounds kind of like Leatherman including their bit kit with the Surge, without any way to use the eyeglass screwdriver
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 03:33:37 AM by sLaughterMed »
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 03:33:11 AM

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 03:36:27 AM

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 04:04:31 AM
Didn't have great light so I stole a photo

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 03:13:53 PM
Yeah that looks like the same bit set. The adapter looks a little bulky. Maybe it's to match the Powerplay lock studs :facepalm:
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

Offline mikekoz

Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 09:27:11 PM
   I just got one of these and I have the same question. There is no place on the tool to put it, and the instructions do not mention it. Other than that, it seems like a nice multitool. The only complaint I would have about it (besides the useless socket adapter) it its size. It is a bit small for my taste. I would have made it a little longer.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 01:55:12 AM
   I just got one of these and I have the same question. There is no place on the tool to put it, and the instructions do not mention it. Other than that, it seems like a nice multitool. The only complaint I would have about it (besides the useless socket adapter) it its size. It is a bit small for my taste. I would have made it a little longer.
It isn't supposed to to go with the POwerPlay frankly. I guess SOG couldn't be bothered to make a specific bit kit for the Reactor or PowerPlay
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 03:26:39 AM
Sounds kind of like Leatherman including their bit kit with the Surge, without any way to use the eyeglass screwdriver
You just don't know how, that is all.  :pok:
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 11:59:58 AM

The Powerplay drives the bits through the "handle pinching" method holding the bit in the center, the top driver. The adapter is meant to fit all 1/4" tools present on the Powerlock, Powerassist and other SOG tools.
The 1/4" adaptor fits the square socket, and the bits go on the other side, the hexagonal hole.
But as you say, the Powerplay itself lacks the adaptor as an implement
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Offline mikekoz

Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 07:51:22 PM
   I found an adapter in a driver set I bought at Walmart last year that allows the Powerplay to use the 1/4 inch adapter. Also, I just pulled out my Powerlock, and it has no 1/4 adapter on it either. Other people here said it did!  ???

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 11:24:34 AM
   I found an adapter in a driver set I bought at Walmart last year that allows the Powerplay to use the 1/4 inch adapter. Also, I just pulled out my Powerlock, and it has no 1/4 adapter on it either. Other people here said it did!  ???

It might depend on the model of Powerlock you have but all current models seem to have it according to the SOG website. For the PowerPlay I guess you're meant to use the driver integrated in the pliers.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 09:07:52 PM
As far as I can remember, all my Powerlocks (had 2),  had the 1/4" driver

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #14 on: December 05, 2016, 09:40:18 PM
I didn't think there were enough short SOG implements to put a Powerlock loadout together without a 1/4" bit driver stump and without repeating some of the tools.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 12:10:21 AM

Got a photo of it?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline mikekoz

Reply #16 on: December 09, 2016, 02:57:54 AM

Got a photo of it?

Def

pic upload

I can put the socket adapter that came with the Powerplay on the adapter just like the socket you see in the photo.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 04:56:53 AM by mikekoz »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD