Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger Swiss Clipper to the rescue!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Wenger Swiss Clipper to the rescue!
on: February 26, 2017, 03:09:02 AM
I have an old aerator head on the kitchen faucet and tonight I was reaching over the sink to get something and somehow I ended up with a metal sliver about an eighth of an inch long rimmed under my thumb nail.  Needless to say, it was rather unpleasant.

Because I'd just trimmed my nails last night I was unable to grab the splinter in my fingers, but luckily the Swiss Clipper wasn't fair away.

The tweezers had a hard time getting a good enough grip on the splinter, but eventually it did and I managed to get it out, which as you can imagine, made me very happy.

Sure I'd have probably managed it easier with something like Uncle Bill's Sliver Grippers, but I have no idea where the heck they are.

The moral of the story?  Sometimes it is better to have a "good enough" tool handy than to wait for the right one to come along.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline FolderBeholder

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Wenger Swiss Clipper to the rescue!
Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 03:12:40 AM
The moral of the story?  Sometimes it is better to have a "good enough" tool handy than to wait for the right one to come along.

Def
Glad it worked out...your "good enough" comment made me think of that song lyric, "If you can't be with the one love honey, love the one you're with"!  :cheers:
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 03:27:18 AM
I hadn't thought of that!

I was just thinking that moral is pretty well the bottom line for this entire forum.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 09:18:52 PM
I have an old aerator head on the kitchen faucet and tonight I was reaching over the sink to get something and somehow I ended up with a metal sliver about an eighth of an inch long rimmed under my thumb nail.  Needless to say, it was rather unpleasant.

Because I'd just trimmed my nails last night I was unable to grab the splinter in my fingers, but luckily the Swiss Clipper wasn't fair away.

The tweezers had a hard time getting a good enough grip on the splinter, but eventually it did and I managed to get it out, which as you can imagine, made me very happy.

Sure I'd have probably managed it easier with something like Uncle Bill's Sliver Grippers, but I have no idea where the heck they are.

Def

It is unbelievable how something as small as a splinter can cause such excruciating pain at times.  Glad you had the Swiss Clipper handy to remove it. It really makes you grateful for SAKS!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 12:22:41 AM
It absolutely does, and not for the first time either.   I have carried a SAK more often than not since I got my first one at around 5 years old.

The number of things I have used them for and the number of times they have saved me more than makes up for the number of times they have bitten me!

Def

us Offline Donald

Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 11:58:46 PM
Glad the tweezers worked for you. I like and use my Wenger Clipper a good bit. I also keep the AT version in my toiletries kit. I guess it is now the Victorinox Swiss Army NailClip 580. Unfortunately, as far as I know, the Vic version does not have an AT version. I like also having the latter as it avoids issues when you forget you have it, but still provides a few useful tools.

As for my Uncle Bill's Sliver Gripper whereabouts, that is easy, it is on my keychain.  :D I have been trying to figure out how to lighten my keychain load, after all, I only have two metal keys, but I just cannot seem to do it. I use everything on there occasionally. I do keep it in a leather bag to protect my pockets a bit.

I was at the beach many years ago and loaned my Sliver Gripper and SAK tweezers to a woman who wanted to remove a splinter/burr from her child's foot. She preferred the SAK tweezers in that instance as they were thinner.

bavaria Offline Tomcat_81

Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 02:27:19 AM
... and somehow I ended up with a metal sliver about an eighth of an inch long rimmed under my thumb nail.  Needless to say, it was rather unpleasant.

Ouch, that hurt on reading.
Glad you could get rid of that!
Sent from my Boconcept sofa, using the 'post'-button

Owing a beer to Whoey since 2016

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 11:25:30 PM
... and somehow I ended up with a metal sliver about an eighth of an inch long rimmed under my thumb nail.  Needless to say, it was rather unpleasant.

Ouch, that hurt on reading.
Glad you could get rid of that!

You and me both.  Luckily a good enough portion of it was sticking out and I was able to get a grip on it.

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%