Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Mount Concept Requested: LED Lenser H7R.2 to Trike Handlebar Mount

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
  Last night went for a total night ride. Decided to take a LED Lenser H7R.2 (headlamp) with me and had wrapped it around a water bottle and grip. This seemed okay at first but soon after the H7R.2 slipped over to the left side... which did not give me enough light to throw ahead. The Bontrager Ion 800 R was on strobe mode to give me longevity as I had no idea how long I'd be out.

LED Lenser H7R.s on the driver's right side.

Was out for 1.5 hours, did 8 miles which in effect would of given me enough time on High, Medium, or Low. However it was also 40° F outside with a slight breeze that was freezing my fingers. Cold does weird things to Lithium Ion batteries - gives a shorter charge.

What I'm wanting is to make some sort of mount to attach to the right Versa Bar. It is the forward curved bar on the right with a water bottle & cage on it.

Wrapping around the water bottle didn't work out well. And I don't know how the hardware of the H14R.2 works as a bicycle mount. Thing was/is too expensive.

If I had a front derailleur boom that would give me a better mounting point. And why the H7R.2? I can recharge it and adjust the light output as needed and it would last longer than the Bontrager Ion 800 R, and I already own it.

Any suggestions or ideas?
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
 Maybe you could make a mount with "polymorph"?
Its a plastic that goes soft in boiling water,  allowing you to shape it.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

hu Offline krilaster

I use this kind of mount hardvare for my BLF torch when im ride a bike.
Take a look!

http://www.dx.com/p/mount-holder-clip-clamp-for-bicycle-bike-led-light-lamp-flashlight-black-55828#.WCgOILV3WEc
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 07:55:21 AM by krilaster »
To the mountains....
Two wheels or foot,,,,

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24