Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What type of Gerber is this?

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
What type of Gerber is this?
on: November 24, 2016, 08:20:22 PM
So, what model is for sale here?
does it have locking tools?
Is it worth €20/$18?

http://www.2dehands.be/sport-fitness/watersporten/vissport-hengelsport/gerber-multi-tool-275202017.html

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: What type of Gerber is this?
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 08:22:15 PM
MP 600 or 400 I think

Definitely worth the money, if the condition is good
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline leathermon

• Better to have a tool, than be a tool.
Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 08:24:36 PM
It's a earlier model.  It does not have locking tools.  I'm not a fan of newer models, but I love the older ones.  I would snatch that up in a heart beat,  especially with the addition ons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 08:26:07 PM
Mr Pinchy

Easily worth the money if you like the old robust multitools or if you like blood blisters and pain

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 08:33:02 PM
It's a earlier model.  It does not have locking tools.  I'm not a fan of newer models, but I love the older ones.  I would snatch that up in a heart beat,  especially with the addition ons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mr Pinchy

Easily worth the money if you like the old robust multitools or if you like blood blisters and pain

MP 600 or 400 I think

Definitely worth the money, if the condition is good
How about the non-locking tools?
don't they close easily under pressure?

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 08:38:06 PM
It's 22 dollar btw, converted it wrong...

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 11:39:05 PM
That is an old MultiPlier, what we often refer to as a "Mr. Pinchy" because the handles come together and can pinch your skin and give you a blood blister.  We even have a merit badge for it.  :D

The MultiPlier is the predecessor to all sliding plier head tools like the MP600 and MP400.  It is long since discontinued, and well worth $22.  Heck, for that price, I'd say clean them out and you can probably get $35-40 if they are in good condition, especially since they seem to have bit sets.  If they are new, but old stock, you could get rid of them quickly at that price.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 12:13:37 AM
Mr Pinchy

:D
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 07:43:52 AM
That is an old MultiPlier, what we often refer to as a "Mr. Pinchy" because the handles come together and can pinch your skin and give you a blood blister.  We even have a merit badge for it.  :D

The MultiPlier is the predecessor to all sliding plier head tools like the MP600 and MP400.  It is long since discontinued, and well worth $22.  Heck, for that price, I'd say clean them out and you can probably get $35-40 if they are in good condition, especially since they seem to have bit sets.  If they are new, but old stock, you could get rid of them quickly at that price.

Def
Thanks!

Just placed a bid for the value of the sellers asking price.

Now I just wait...

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 08:02:44 PM
Did you ever get one?
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 08:23:03 PM
Did you ever get one?
Afraid not, the seller didn't respond to me at all after bidding the asking price.
So after 2 weeks of waiting, I removed my offer (that's just me thinking "up yours").

Happened 2 times to me in the last 2 months... annoying as hell.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 11:09:40 PM
They may not be common, but they are hardly rare, so there will be lots of opportunities to obtain one like that.

They are a really neat tool, and a valuable part of multitool history.  And, despite what some folks think, they don't actually pinch you..... every time.   :ahhh

In fact, I have been pinched much more seriously by my OHT than a Multiplier because of that annoying little notch LM put in the handles for no reason.   :twak:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 06:18:25 AM
They may not be common, but they are hardly rare, so there will be lots of opportunities to obtain one like that.

(Image removed from quote.)

They are a really neat tool, and a valuable part of multitool history.  And, despite what some folks think, they don't actually pinch you..... every time.   :ahhh

In fact, I have been pinched much more seriously by my OHT than a Multiplier because of that annoying little notch LM put in the handles for no reason.   :twak:

Def
My Charge pinched me twice...

Lost grip on the subject, snapped close and a part of my hand got pinched between the thumb holes from (one of) the blades.

Man that hurts!

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 01:23:36 PM

Def

Don't believe a word of it - they're evil vicious nasty bitey buggers! I got bitten twice just picking the damn thing up, literally, and then bitten again while trying to wrap it up to ship it on to someone else.  :ahhh :ahhh

Evil little :serverloft:!

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 03:08:49 PM
I'm not suggesting that it doesn't bite, I'm just saying that it isn't the only one... :P

Def

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 03:33:34 PM

Def

Don't believe a word of it - they're evil vicious nasty bitey buggers! I got bitten twice just picking the damn thing up, literally, and then bitten again while trying to wrap it up to ship it on to someone else.  :ahhh :ahhh

Evil little :serverloft:!
Now some scotsman can get the palms of his hands bitten off :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44