Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Iphone 6 case?

de Offline Josh613

Iphone 6 case?
on: November 26, 2016, 09:03:14 AM
After picking up my iPhone 6 I went and bought a book style case. It's okay was only 5 euros but not 100% sold on it.
Been looking at the otterbox series. Anyone have recommendations for a decent tough iPhone case??

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Re: Iphone 6 case?
Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 01:16:56 PM
Otterbox defender. It's the only way to go
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

ca Offline 16VGTIDave

Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 04:11:43 PM
Seidio Obex. Worlds better than Otterbox. Slimmer profile and much less sticky rubber on the outside so you can pocket the phone, great screen protector, actually waterproof (IP68 rated). I've been using one for 2 years in all weather, including torrential downpours at 100kph / 62mph on the handlebar of my motorcycle. Its been dropped a couple times from 1.5 m / 5' on to various hard surfaces with no damage to the phone (MIL-STD-810F rated). LifeProof Fre is another option that also meets the same specs.

Otterbox's are cute, with their camo patterns and multiple colour options, but they don't offer much more protection than a dollar store silicone sleeve. Better than nothing, but...
I EDC'd a SAK before MacGyver did...

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 03:12:33 PM
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 02:16:07 AM
I always stick to Otterbox Defenders and I have never had cause to doubt them.  That having been said, the Otterbox currently on my S5 is the worst I have had, but it still beats the pants off anything else I've tried.

I tried a Life Proof case for my Galaxy S5 and was very disappointed.  It survived less than three months, and for two of those three months I stabbed myself in the ear with jagged plastic after one of the corners shattered.

I also have a fancy aluminum case- I can't think of the name right now but it assembles around the phone with a number of Torx screws to make it seem extra fancy.  I would say that it really doesn't offer any significant increase in protection than the Defender but it does make the phone extremely bulky and heavy.

I was extremely disappointed with Life Proof and will avoid them like the plague in the future.  The aluminum one was also a waste of money, and my father feels the same way about the same type/brand that he got for his iPhone.

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

de Offline Josh613

Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 09:24:48 AM
I have a defender and a commuter in the way.
Looking forward to seeing how they hold out in my new part time job as a events engineer

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 06:06:40 PM

Otterbox's are cute, with their camo patterns and multiple colour options, but they don't offer much more protection than a dollar store silicone sleeve. Better than nothing, but...
Modern cell phones are too big for my liking, otterbox make them even bigger.
I seen head to head drop testing between otterbox and simple gal case, both preformed the same.

So a simple gal case and a screen protector are what I use.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 12:00:19 AM
I have stuck on so many screen protectors and chased so many bubbles out of them that I am really looking forward to using my home dentistry kit than doing it again.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 10:30:51 PM
I have stuck on so many screen protectors and chased so many bubbles out of them that I am really looking forward to using my home dentistry kit than doing it again.

Def

Oh, you have one too! I'm sorry but I couldn't find all of it for a picture!

Jokes aside it's the kind of stuff that's extremely useful for the kind of modelling I used to do.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 11:39:10 PM
You too huh?  I am hoping one day to have a decent workshop where I can break out both my Dremel tools (one has a flex shaft, the other is better quality), my air brushes and so on, and do models and other projects properly.

Def

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 11:47:39 AM
I really need to nag my brother in law about any old dental tools he has. Sadly I missed out on a small autoclave (he thinks he might still have it, but has no idea where it is) when he replaced it with a newer larger model. Not that i really have any idea of what to use it for, but it might be useful for cleaning something...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%