Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Question about tweaking an old Sheffield multitool

Offline mikekoz

Question about tweaking an old Sheffield multitool
on: November 28, 2016, 03:40:45 AM
  I dug up an old Sheffield model 12007 multitool from our garage  a few weeks back, and surprisingly, it seems like a decent tool. All other items I own with the Sheffield name on them are junk. This multi is a lot like the Leatherman Supertool as far as design goes, but it is made pretty crudely. However, the tools on it are very sharp, and they lock. They are also pretty robust / thick. In short, it looks like this would handle most jobs. The tools are a bit difficult to open, and oiling them does not help much. It appears that there is no washers between most tools, and I was wondering if there was a way to add some. I am guessing that would make the tools open easier and smoother, and maybe not clump as much. Has anybody ever done this to other multitools in their collections?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Question about tweaking an old Sheffield multitool
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 07:26:44 AM
If you add washers then the tools will not fit in the frame; you may need to remove some.

Sheffield sells a lot of products made by various multitool manufacturers, but branded as Sheffield - some are good some are bad, but there is no consistency between them, as they are not made by the same group.

I am sure one of the modders will help you soon.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Offline mikekoz

Re: Question about tweaking an old Sheffield multitool
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 12:21:42 AM
If you add washers then the tools will not fit in the frame; you may need to remove some.

Sheffield sells a lot of products made by various multitool manufacturers, but branded as Sheffield - some are good some are bad, but there is no consistency between them, as they are not made by the same group.

I am sure one of the modders will help you soon.

You are correct. I did not think about that. Maybe if I use it a bit, it will loosen up. I have no idea how old this thing is, but I remember it being pretty cheap. It may not be worth messing with.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%