Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

double pivot for more than 3 layers sak

00 Offline frankieSD

double pivot for more than 3 layers sak
on: December 06, 2016, 08:17:41 PM
hi guys , i was wondering if its doable and sturdy having 2 pivots back to back with a screw between them for more than 3 layers sak, since one is not enough? will be sturdy enough ? thanks
p.s ive tried to cut one screw , a longer one and attach 2 barrels from knife kits , seems sturdy enough but i didnt test it inside a sak. any help ? thanx

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Re: double pivot for more than 3 layers sak
Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 10:22:09 AM
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, as long as both pivots are concentric and there's no step or gap between them.  You could try to get the join between the pivots to sit inside one for the tools for extra support too.  I think Syph does this for larger SAKs.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 04:33:06 PM
Works fine ya.  What I like to do though is to use one very long screw that goes through the shorter piece of pivot, and right into the second.  Use red loctite and spin the finished joint in a drill with sandpaper to get it perfectly smooth.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

00 Offline frankieSD

Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 07:13:31 PM
ok, thanx everybody for imput. now i have a problem, i cant cut the conection screw that goes between barrels to fit perfectly. any tips will be apreciated. also i was playing wit a farmer , since i bought a few very cheap, ill post a picture later ima at work now, but i find this modding very addictive lol. also time consuming , took me 2 hours to drill the holes larger so i can fit the screws. damn, is very rewarding at the end tho..... catcha later guys! :salute:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 10:52:23 PM
welcome to :MTO: frankie :cheers: Glad these guys are around as I wouldn't have any idea how to have helped you with that question :whistle: :D

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 11:30:03 PM
ok, thanx everybody for imput. now i have a problem, i cant cut the conection screw that goes between barrels to fit perfectly. any tips will be apreciated. also i was playing wit a farmer , since i bought a few very cheap, ill post a picture later ima at work now, but i find this modding very addictive lol. also time consuming , took me 2 hours to drill the holes larger so i can fit the screws. damn, is very rewarding at the end tho..... catcha later guys! :salute:

If you mean the pivots dont meet perfectly and match up , thats a problem I always had with the knifekits ones.  I buy from alpha knife supply now and they have been 100% perfection for the last 600 I bought.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

00 Offline frankieSD

Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 03:53:40 PM
ive finished my little project, thank you all for the help. now, a few things ive learned the hard way :ahhh , modding without proper tools is hard, stresfull and time consuming.but very rewarding in the end.  i hope ill do better next time, my new project is to put a saw inside the pioneer x, sounds easy but i now it wont be. also im planning in the future to rescale an 111 mm and add a few tools. cheers guys
IMG_0902.JPG
* IMG_0902.JPG (Filesize: 99.53 KB)
IMG_0903.JPG
* IMG_0903.JPG (Filesize: 112.55 KB)

00 Offline frankieSD

Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 03:55:01 PM
along side a pioneer x and a custom cuscadi soldier
IMG_0900.JPG
* IMG_0900.JPG (Filesize: 184.3 KB)
IMG_0901.JPG
* IMG_0901.JPG (Filesize: 136.71 KB)