Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Some Mod Ideas for MUT

tr Offline Nonegogh

Some Mod Ideas for MUT
on: December 08, 2016, 07:49:11 PM
Hi,

I have  Leatherman MUT. I want to mod my own tool and I want to share my ideas. I decided to create some brass parts instead of plastic parts of MUT. As you know, MUT has three plastic parts.

First of all, I will combine two parts (punch's plastic and carbon scraper's plastic) with each other. But if I do this, brush adopter will be disappeared. At this point, I will create a hexagonal hole. This hole will be supported with a hard metal and magnets. It will be a function for using hexagonal bits.

Orher plastic part (for carrying another 2d bit) will be created as brass also. I will add some magnets on it also.

What do you think? There are pictures below about the idea. Do you have any suggestions before starting?

Thank you. :multi:
1.jpg
* 1.jpg (Filesize: 168.02 KB)
2.jpg
* 2.jpg (Filesize: 186.13 KB)
3.jpg
* 3.jpg (Filesize: 190.03 KB)

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Re: Some Mod Ideas for MUT
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 07:50:54 PM
Hi,

I have  Leatherman MUT. I want to mod my own tool and I want to share my ideas. I decided to create some brass parts instead of plastic parts of MUT. As you know, MUT has three plastic parts.

First of all, I will combine two parts (punch's plastic and carbon scraper's plastic) with each other. But if I do this, brush adopter will be disappeared. At this point, I will create a hexagonal hole. This hole will be supported with a hard metal and magnets. It will be a function for using hexagonal bits.

Orher plastic part (for carrying another 2d bit) will be created as brass also. I will add some magnets on it also.

What do you think? There are pictures below about the idea. Do you have any suggestions before starting?

Thank you. :multi:

:like:

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 07:51:40 PM
:popcorn:

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 10:13:02 AM
Some really interesting ideas. I for one would like a hex hole somewhere on the MUT. I used one on the Signal and it is VERY handy.

Looking forward to see how your mods go.

Pete

tr Offline Nonegogh

Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 03:31:24 PM
I'm working on it. I also combined my mod and hex bit driver's head. :multi:
dasd.jpg
* dasd.jpg (Filesize: 44.44 KB)
dd.jpg
* dd.jpg (Filesize: 41.11 KB)
eeee.jpg
* eeee.jpg (Filesize: 91.39 KB)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 04:55:04 PM by nuke »

ie Offline jonon9

Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 09:06:25 PM
In terms of usability how useful is the MUT for non gun owners? Can it be modded easily. I love the look of the Mut.

tr Offline Nonegogh

Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 11:02:15 PM
In terms of usability how useful is the MUT for non gun owners? Can it be modded easily. I love the look of the Mut.

I think, MUT is really a good multi-tool for hard working but it is not only for guns. There are just two special parts for guns. But these two parts can be modded also.

I really love my own MUT and I'm modding now.

Offline george1

Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 11:22:24 PM

I agree that it looks good but overall its my least used Leatherman. It is massive and very heavy and only has a very limited number of tools. Having said that, l was recently forced to use mine (an EOD version) for a week (as l forgot my Charge and Skeletool) and it was OK to carry because of its pocket clip. I can see why its good for soldiers (or others that wear molle kit and use M4's etc) but there are much better MT's for normal use.

tr Offline Nonegogh

Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 11:32:51 PM

I agree that it looks good but overall its my least used Leatherman. It is massive and very heavy and only has a very limited number of tools. Having said that, l was recently forced to use mine (an EOD version) for a week (as l forgot my Charge and Skeletool) and it was OK to carry because of its pocket clip. I can see why its good for soldiers (or others that wear molle kit and use M4's etc) but there are much better MT's for normal use.

EOD version is really bad for normal using.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%