Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Nitecore tip winter edition & Klarus mi7

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Nitecore tip winter edition & Klarus mi7
on: December 24, 2016, 08:53:11 PM
Just got these in the mail from gear best, great price on tip, and group buy price on the Klarus

working on getting these pics uploaded, gimme a minute, trying to get url from flicker, not working, so I took pics with camera roll and added to flick, this doesnt seem to be working, to I have to take pics with flickr app? nevermind I got it, incoming.....

« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 09:09:46 PM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Re: Nitecore tip winter edition & Klarus mi7
Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 09:13:39 PM
In case anyones curious this is the V2 version, so it has the fixed lockout drain issue.

it's usb rechargeable keychain light with max output 360 lumens, 74m beam distance so its very floody

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 09:18:18 PM
Here is the klarus in mil spec olive drab, takes AA or 14500

also includes a lanyard, split ring, spare o ring, locking s biner, and aa battery. tested it with a 14500, its pretty bright, but not sure its getting up to 700 lumens

the pics look much better on my phone, think im losing quality through the flickr app,

also requesting flashlight badge, ty
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 09:34:41 PM by Blackbeard »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 05:20:59 AM
Nice one Blackbeard :cheers: :cheers: :like:

Great pics and badge awarded :tu: Congrats :like:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 07:49:57 AM
thanks poncho, it took me a few weeks to figure out the badge thing although I've been a member here for years I didn't really notice them when forum format changed, going for my badge of stupidity next  :twak:

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 03:20:48 PM
How are you liking the Klarus? I wasn't to happy with my Thrunite T10t so I'm considering making a new try for a good AA/14500 light and the Mi7 looks promising.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 11:32:39 PM
How are you liking the Klarus? I wasn't to happy with my Thrunite T10t so I'm considering making a new try for a good AA/14500 light and the Mi7 looks promising.

I really like the klarus, very bright with a 14500 Lion, good UI, has instant access to either High or moonlight and has a lockout feature. Only con I can think of is button feels different than other electronic switch buttons im used to, but its not really an issue. was thinking of getting a second one, CPF has a group buy and price is very good

what is the issue with the thrunite?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 11:35:32 PM by Blackbeard »

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 11:56:28 PM

I really like the klarus, very bright with a 14500 Lion, good UI, has instant access to either High or moonlight and has a lockout feature. Only con I can think of is button feels different than other electronic switch buttons im used to, but its not really an issue. was thinking of getting a second one, CPF has a group buy and price is very good

what is the issue with the thrunite?

Nah, it's a great light and I've been carrying it for a while now but it just doesn't add anything compared to the budget light I was replacing it with.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 09:02:13 AM
I like both these lights so much I got a green/red tip, and im waitung for a titanium Mi7 from the company whose name is forbidden  :rofl:

Now I have so many lights I think I may need to sell a few of my older ones, its getting a bit out of hand, thankfully my paypal is empty, trying to stop this obsession

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%