Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fitting a pruner blade

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Fitting a pruner blade
on: January 17, 2017, 01:26:09 PM
Couldn't seem to find any pictures of this being done on the 91 mm frame, or at least not how I would want it done. I know of course that the pruner and electricians blade can go together in a layer as seen in some of the largest 91 mm models and I also know that they can go instead of the can opener in the 93 mm size but would it be possible to replace the can opener with a pruner blade on a 91 mm SAK? I'm hoping to build a 91 mm Rancher with corkscrew.

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Re: Fitting a pruner blade
Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 03:57:56 PM
Or, and I'm open to any way to make this work, fitting a corkscrew to a rancher.

I might add that I have a Ranger to take parts from if there's a special backspring that would be required to make it work.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 04:48:35 PM
Nope it won't do on an opener layer spring in a 91.  It might fit with the main blade but I've mot tried.  The electrician blade fits there but the pruner is lower due to the tip.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 05:24:41 PM
Nope it won't do on an opener layer spring in a 91.  It might fit with the main blade but I've mot tried.  The electrician blade fits there but the pruner is lower due to the tip.

Thank you for your help! It seems like I'll have to reconsider my goals a bit then.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%