Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Wave Handle Problems

Offline urbantinker

Leatherman Wave Handle Problems
on: January 19, 2017, 02:13:22 AM
I am from The Philippines and had a defective Wave recently replaced with a new one by a local dealer here in our area. The problem with my previous Wave was that the one of the plier handles had friction problems and easily colapses into close postion when in plier mode.

The replacement I got also has a bit of handle wobble, this time in close position. One side is a bit loose and rattles when you shake it. It really doesn't bother me that much and I'm really not complaining.

I was just wondering if the rattle / wobble thing with the handles are inherent on the Wave line and if any of you guys have been experiencing the same issues?

I had a Skeletool Cx before and never had any problems with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fi Offline Padre

Re: Leatherman Wave Handle Problems
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 07:08:59 AM
My Wave rattles like crazy. The inner tools are the ones to blame. I like to keep them loose like that. Maybe you can tighten them up?
Leatherman:
Charge TTi, AL, Squirt PS4, Surge, Juice XE6, CS4, S2, ST300, Crunch, OHT, MUT, Rebar, Brewzer, Signal, Raptor, Tool Adapter, Croc, Wave, Style CS, Freestyle, Skeletool RX, Micra, Wingman
SOG:
PPP, PowerLock, SwitchPlier 2.0, Paratool, PowerAssist, Reactor, CrossCut, PowerPlay
Gerber:
FliK, MP600 ProScout, MP600 blunt, Dime, MP-1, Diesel, MP400
Bahco:
MTT151, MTT051, MTT121
Knives:
Spyderco PM2, Tatanka, Bug, ZT 0452CF, CS Recon1XL, Benchmade 940-1 and 482
SAKs:
Too many to list here...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!