Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

asb - Don't know what to think

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
asb - Don't know what to think
on: February 04, 2017, 10:02:04 AM
I hope this is the right way to adress this issue, if not please tell me and I'll gladly edit it out. I met asb on Dec. 2017 after some pics of his daughter and family playing with MTs and SAKs and got to make a trade with him.
His Wingman for my MP600, as we both had them laying there unused and prefered the other model instead.
So I packed the MP along with a gif for her daughter (a SAK Classic) and sent it as accorded, when he (apparently) sent the Wingman to me.

That was more than a month ago.
He got the MP and posted about it, but I didn't get anything and he told me a package arrived back to him after being rejected. He promptly tried again and said he'd give me a tracking number (I already asked for it the first time the tool was sent, without response) but I never got that on either "shipping attempt".

He seems to be missing since Jan. 22nd and I wondered if anyone knew anything about him, as he told me he was going through back problems and had to have surgery,
I don't want to think bad of him or any other ill-attitude towards a member here, but I'm kind of uncomfortable after all this.   :(
Any help?

Thanks   
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

bavaria Offline Tomcat_81

Re: asb - Don't know what to think
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 10:39:27 AM
Hey Peacent,
a month is a long time, but when it comes to postal services, it can be annoyingly crammed with misdeliveries, storage time, incompetent handlers...
My own experience is that I never lost a knife through postal service, but had delivery greatly prolonged, at times even up to half a year.

Most important was cooperation from selles/senders who could help and re-direct, re-pack and re-send. Here I hope, asb will catch up soon... 
Keeping myfingers cossed for you!
Tomcat
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:42:31 AM by Tomcat_81 »
Sent from my Boconcept sofa, using the 'post'-button

Owing a beer to Whoey since 2016

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 04:54:36 PM
Hey Peacent,
a month is a long time, but when it comes to postal services, it can be annoyingly crammed with misdeliveries, storage time, incompetent handlers...
My own experience is that I never lost a knife through postal service, but had delivery greatly prolonged, at times even up to half a year.

Most important was cooperation from selles/senders who could help and re-direct, re-pack and re-send. Here I hope, asb will catch up soon... 
Keeping myfingers cossed for you!
Tomcat

I will wait, of course. What worries me is asb's absence and lack of response to my PMs
Hopefully surgery went right and he's just having some off-time until he's 100%    :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 05:05:26 PM
Shipping in either direction across the ocean can take time.  I'd suggest we take asb at his word and it very well could be surgery or rather post surgery has him incapacitated.  I know when my back was wrecked I could barely get out of bed to use the latrine. 

If the package doesn't show up or a response to your PMs isn't in the near future then we'll get the pitch forks  ;)

I have a package that I'm eagerly awaiting for a member across the ocean to receive.  I stress from the time I hand it to the PO clerk till I get a message its arrived.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 06:29:13 PM
I hope this is the right way to adress this issue, if not please tell me and I'll gladly edit it out. I met asb on Dec. 2017 after some pics of his daughter and family playing with MTs and SAKs and got to make a trade with him.
His Wingman for my MP600, as we both had them laying there unused and prefered the other model instead.
So I packed the MP along with a gif for her daughter (a SAK Classic) and sent it as accorded, when he (apparently) sent the Wingman to me.

That was more than a month ago.
He got the MP and posted about it, but I didn't get anything and he told me a package arrived back to him after being rejected. He promptly tried again and said he'd give me a tracking number (I already asked for it the first time the tool was sent, without response) but I never got that on either "shipping attempt".

He seems to be missing since Jan. 22nd and I wondered if anyone knew anything about him, as he told me he was going through back problems and had to have surgery,
I don't want to think bad of him or any other ill-attitude towards a member here, but I'm kind of uncomfortable after all this.   :(
Any help?

Thanks

I know why! You meet him in the future, way ahead of the current time. So as of today, a trade has not been proposed yet  :D Joking aside, I do hope things work out between you two. I only bought items from one member on MTO so far. Due to various issues (seller's personal issue, Post returning flat-rate box to seller for insufficient prepaid postage (WTF?!??)...), I got my items after about a month of waiting. Things happen.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 05:16:38 PM
Today it's a month since asb disappeared, and I still get no response to my private messages or trying to reach him.
Any idea of what should/can I do?
I really don't worry about the package much, and I've assumed already I'll never be getting anything (MIA Wingman,  :oops:) but I care for human people and don't like not knowing about him.

:-[
My toys:

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 09:02:25 PM
Today it's a month since asb disappeared, and I still get no response to my private messages or trying to reach him.
Any idea of what should/can I do?
I really don't worry about the package much, and I've assumed already I'll never be getting anything (MIA Wingman,  :oops:) but I care for human people and don't like not knowing about him.

:-[

It seems like he was online just over two weeks ago, February 8. Hope everything works out for you!

bavaria Offline Tomcat_81

Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 09:26:23 PM
So sorry to hear - I'd have hoped for a happy ending!
Sent from my Boconcept sofa, using the 'post'-button

Owing a beer to Whoey since 2016

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 11:43:19 AM
I think I'm done with expectations. Still no reply and no package from asb, he's out since Feb 08. Last message he answered from me was Jan 19th. In between those two days he never replied to any of my other PMs.
Knowing how nice folks are here I have a hard time believing he deceived me and left as soon as he got my tool, but the fact that he apparently shipped it twice and promised to give tracking on both occasions (which he never did) leaves a bitter aftertaste in my mouth, cause that way I'd have been able to follow the parcel and see at which point it was lost.  :oops:

Now I just hope he is fine and will visit us again sometime.  :-\
My toys:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 04:48:57 PM
This is not looking good.  I am really hesitant to say anything other than I wish I had a Wingman to send you.  I'll keep my eyes out for one. 

I really hope if in fact he's not well he is recovering.

ASB if you are having issues with postage ( money )  I offer to you to send to tool to me and I will reship to ThePeacent.

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 08:46:01 PM
I had hoped this would have been resolved by now as well   :facepalm:

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 08:45:58 PM
Bummer!
What a lot of hassle, joining a forum and then avoiding it for the rest of your life just to gain a multitool!
It's a shame people waste their own and other people's time like this.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 10:05:28 PM
Bummer!
What a lot of hassle, joining a forum and then avoiding it for the rest of your life just to gain a multitool!
It's a shame people waste their own and other people's time like this.

Well, I'm not the kind of person who doesn't give second chances, and I am not ill-thinking by nature towards anyone, so I was just genuinely curious as to what's asb's current situation and whether he healed well after the surgery (if he really did have surgery)

It's just strange that he connected and joined here after my four messages trying to ask him about how was the shipping going and whether he had re-sent it after all the (supposed) problems he had the first time. I won't be quick to jump to conclusions but this is really unnerving and quite unfortunate given the great and nice people I've met here and all the excellent trades, sales and gifts I've had and done here.
This is just a wonderful place to be and wonderful folks to meet    :cheers:
My toys:

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 01:49:32 AM
I've lost items getting shipped across the pond so it is possible. Also, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I hope all is well with asb.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD