Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Mini Tool plier head

us Offline Tsquare

Mini Tool plier head
on: February 18, 2017, 10:00:01 PM
     I was wondering if anyone knows if leatherman ever put the larger plier head in the mini tool like they did in later model PST and PST2 tools?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Mini Tool plier head
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 12:28:55 AM
     I was wondering if anyone knows if leatherman ever put the larger plier head in the mini tool like they did in later model PST and PST2 tools?

I am almost 100% positive that the plier head was pretty well the same all the way from being to end in production with minor changes and plier pivot size. I think that my BO one was made in 2003 or 2004 and the plier head is the same as all the rest of mine :tu:

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 03:10:39 AM
My 2002 and 2004 Minis have "Leatherman, Tool" pliers, all the rest have "Leatherman, USA" pliers.

Has anyone ever seen an actual made-in-Japan Mini ?  It would presumably only have "Leatherman" on the pliers (no "USA" or "Tool").  I've only ever seen a photo of one, never heard of anyone with an actual tool.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Tsquare

Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 10:21:58 PM
     Thanks.  I knew someone here would have the answer or the tool to look at. 

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 03:09:15 AM
My 2002 and 2004 Minis have "Leatherman, Tool" pliers, all the rest have "Leatherman, USA" pliers.

Has anyone ever seen an actual made-in-Japan Mini ?  It would presumably only have "Leatherman" on the pliers (no "USA" or "Tool").  I've only ever seen a photo of one, never heard of anyone with an actual tool.

I have a few Minis that I can check.  I don't believe any are Japan made versions, but it is worth a look.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%