Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Smurf Amazon....... Again.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Smurf Amazon....... Again.
on: February 22, 2017, 12:45:38 AM
All it is, is delayed packages and late deliveries, and so on and so on. Why should I pay for Amazon prime when they NEVER deliver on the "guaranteed" delivery date. DO NOT "guarantee" a delivery date you cannot follow through on! Smurf! I place my orders to coincide with my days off because we have a theft problem around here, but they are never delivered on the correct "guaranteed" date. I'm so smurfing pissed. It's not like its a one time deal here. Its almost every single package I order. I sent them another email and can't wait to hear what bullsmurf excuse they have this time.  :facepalm:

Sorry for the rant, but I just needed to get it off my chest.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: Smurf Amazon....... Again.
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 01:07:15 AM
Wow! I never had a problem with Amazon prime ever.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 01:15:55 AM
I tried their prime because of some prime-only deals during holiday, but dropped the membership. In fact I rarely buy from Amazon. Their prime shipping was only slightly faster than non-prime, why bother? To me, Amazon become to eBay, as Best buy became to them. I go to Amazon for product details, and mostly buy from other vendors: eBay, brick and motar stores. I got stuffs from eBay in 2-3 days most of the time.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 01:35:33 AM
I remember before they really pushed prime deliveries were pretty fast.  I never got prime because of how fast I felt they shipped.  When they raised the price of prime I did notice shipping for non prime orders seemed to be slower.  Now after a few years I find their normal shipping times to be back to what I recall. 

I guess unless they can deliver on time or explain why they cannot maybe time to become a non prime member.   
Esse Quam Videri

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 09:52:44 AM
I've not had a problem with amazon, just their delivery companies.  I had a parcel delivered to a local shop near work for ease of picking up. I took the required ID that amazon said I would need, but the shop wouldn't accept them, the delivery company had stipulated that they should only accept a photo driving license, which I don't have as I lost my wallet and am waiting for the dvla to send my replacement, or a valid passport, again which I don't have as I don't travel outside of the uk since I broke my back in 2012 (insurance costs more than a holiday).

I used my prime membership to get next day delivery, but now I have to wait till March 3rd which is the last day they will hold the package at the shop, then wait for it to be returned to amazon, and then re-arrange delivery or refund.  In the mean time I've ordered another one, to be delivered to my nieces house, and I'll just get this one refunded when it is returned to amazon.

Lesson learned. Don't redirect amazon packages again until I get my new driving license.

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 11:56:35 AM

Same here.  I live in a fairly large metropolitan area, and we apparently have a good Amazon distribution hub.  I have always had good luck with them.  I ordered an MP3 player last week that was supposed to be same day delivery, and it was delayed until the next day, but that's about as bad as it gets for me.  Which is not bad at all.  I order so much same day delivery that I am starting to know the delivery chick.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 12:16:09 PM

I order so much same day delivery that I am starting to know the delivery chick.

And that's the reason you order so much, right? :rofl:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 01:05:38 PM

I order so much same day delivery that I am starting to know the delivery chick.

And that's the reason you order so much, right? :rofl:

Just make sure that your wife doesn't order a Bane mask....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 02:10:15 PM

Same here.  I live in a fairly large metropolitan area, and we apparently have a good Amazon distribution hub.  I have always had good luck with them.  I ordered an MP3 player last week that was supposed to be same day delivery, and it was delayed until the next day, but that's about as bad as it gets for me.  Which is not bad at all.  I order so much same day delivery that I am starting to know the delivery chick.

Is she hot?

on topic I am like a lot of you and always get it next day or once in a blue moon two days. It has always been on the day they said it would come though.

Maybe because I live in metro Detroit. Do you live out in the country CS?

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 08:18:33 PM

Is she hot?

on topic I am like a lot of you and always get it next day or once in a blue moon two days. It has always been on the day they said it would come though.

Maybe because I live in metro Detroit. Do you live out in the country CS?

Nope. They just don't like me.   :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 08:41:08 PM
I'm sorry to hear about these troubles, Cap'n. I've been a prime member for a while and I can count on one hand the amount of times they've not delivered the promised times.

Could it be a location issue? Unfortunately, they seem to offer only two forms of compensation: 1) A $10 Amazon credit, and/or 2) A refund of your shipping.

Now that I think of it the worst experience I've had with Amazon is when I ordered a Delica and received a Gerber "Clutch" in the SpyderCo box - they quickly made it right though.
SAW

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 05:30:32 PM
I'm not a Prime member nor have I ever been.

I was severely disappointed when they discontinued free shipping for orders over 25GBP from amazon.co.uk to Spain (and other EU countries). This forces me to use .es which does not have the same selection, most of it yes, but a lot is missing. It's rather annoying since more than half the time whatever I order doesn't actually come from the .es warehouse. Also being a native English speaker I end up trying to find it on .co.uk before looking on the Spanish site.

A while back my order hit the minimum for free shipping and I noticed that they split it into several deliveries, the packages had Amazon Prime tape and were delivered next day despite me using free shipping. Not sure if it was means to lure me in to paying for prime or what. I'll stick to free shipping limit, nothing I order is so urgent I need it the next day, although knowing when it will be delivered is nice.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%