Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Supertool update

Dunc · 43 · 3948

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Supertool update
on: November 07, 2008, 07:38:58 PM
Well I've been EDcing a Supertool for just over a month now and i have to be honest and say I got on just fine with it . The clumping was annoying at first but I did get used to it and being able to flick open the pliers one handed was a bonus . As I've said before I do have a soft spot for the old Leatherman tools and I went for years wanting a Supertool but never actually getting one . Getting the knife blade out was a bit of a chore and the serrated blade has a point so I don't really rate it but the screwdrivers were very good and I like the phillips alot more then the Swisstools .Pliers were very good and none of the tools let me down .
  The Supertool does lack the refinement of the Swisstool and ease of use but It doesn't lack ability in any way and I will be adding it to my EDC rotation .
  These tools deserve alot of respect as the early Leathermans shaped the tools we have today .

Dunc

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Re: Supertool update
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 08:01:00 PM
I keep my Supertool,and adapter kit in my car at all times,its my backup to my EDC,and I too prefer the LM retired tools. :salute:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 08:14:04 PM
I completely agree Dunc.  :)

It is a fine tool.
I'm back!!

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 09:30:41 PM
Yep, the Supertool is well liked in deepest, darkest Norfolk too. Keep expecting it to bite me though  ;)
Gabba gabba hey!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 09:42:13 PM
Yep, the Supertool is well liked in deepest, darkest Norfolk too. Keep expecting it to bite me though  ;)

I forgot your from Norfolk , Are you far from me ?

Dunc

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 09:51:37 PM
Although I'm not a fan of the Supertool, I would agree that there retired tool's are a lot better than there new ones :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 09:55:38 PM

I forgot your from Norfolk , Are you far from me ?

Dunc

I live just inland of Crabtown  :D
Gabba gabba hey!!

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 10:58:44 PM
I agree with you view of the "clumping" of the tools on a supertool.  I sometimes think that was why they made the Wave/Surge series :think:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 11:04:21 PM
I always viewed the clumping of tools on the Supertool as a feature.  After all, the nail nicks are so poorly situated on most of the tools that it would be impossible to access them without clumping anyway.

It really is a pain in the arse after you get used to Swisstools or newer Leathermans.
- Terry

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 03:26:53 AM
Well in the last few week I have been lucky enough 2 get 2 of these big badboys :cheers: I really like this tool alot and I like the older LMs over the newer models 2 :D

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 07:33:22 PM
Well in the last few week I have been lucky enough 2 get 2 of these big badboys :cheers: I really like this tool alot and I like the older LMs over the newer models 2 :D

I likey the older LM's too, but the Core is an interesting variation on the Supertool theme I reckon. Mind you it is a WIDE load  :D
Gabba gabba hey!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 11:40:50 PM

I likey the older LM's too, but the Core is an interesting variation on the Supertool theme I reckon. Mind you it is a WIDE load  :D

Just got 1 of them (a Core) as well I like it very well I think I might EDC it since it's not discontinued yet :D

and yeah it is a bit wide ::) :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 11:53:25 PM
Well I never did carry the Core much :think: to wide I guess :pok: :D

But I have been carrying 1 of the 2 SuperTools that I have for work use and really love it :cheers:

It's just a beefier PST and that is right up my alley :D

Anybody regularly carry a SuperTool :think: I know a few here do but how many :D

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 12:46:15 AM
I tend to prefer the Core over the Supertool, but then again I don't really EDC it - I just use it around the house,

If I was going to carry it, I might think about the Supertool a bit more.
I used to come here a lot.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 07:15:36 AM
Well I never did carry the Core much :think: to wide I guess :pok: :D

But I have been carrying 1 of the 2 SuperTools that I have for work use and really love it :cheers:

It's just a beefier PST and that is right up my alley :D

Anybody regularly carry a SuperTool :think: I know a few here do but how many :D

I do sometimes . Although its showing its age they are still very good tools .

Dunc

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 08:25:07 AM
I love/hate my Supertool. Probably hate it more because I don't use it. I just can't get used to the locks although they are very solid. I don't see the point of the point on the serrated blade either. Heresy I know  :)
Gabba gabba hey!!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 10:51:12 AM
As it was my first proper multi than I have a real soft spot for it.  I carried it every day for about six years.  As to the clumping and lock issue I found that I quickly got used to them and didn't really slow me down.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 01:59:41 PM
I love/hate my Supertool. Probably hate it more because I don't use it. I just can't get used to the locks although they are very solid. I don't see the point of the point on the serrated blade either. Heresy I know  :)

Naw just a preference :D I like the point can get in and cut tighter spots :D But it has the tendency to be weaker :( haven't broken mine yet though ;)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 02:00:21 PM
As it was my first proper multi than I have a real soft spot for it.  I carried it every day for about six years.  As to the clumping and lock issue I found that I quickly got used to them and didn't really slow me down.

Yeah I don't seem to mind that either :tu:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 11:39:59 PM
I actually like clumping in a way.  I find it's easier (especially in the cold) to get at tools that way.
I'm back!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 01:13:35 AM
I actually like clumping in a way.  I find it's easier (especially in the cold) to get at tools that way.

+1 on that comment as well

When it's really cold outside and you need something quick it's actually quicker than non clumping MTS :o :tu:

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 02:10:44 AM
I'm not a fan of clumping, but it isn't a deal breaker for me (good job I guess with all those PSTs  :P) I definitely do prefer the one at a time blade selection in the later models though.
I used to come here a lot.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 04:58:25 AM
I'm not a fan of clumping, but it isn't a deal breaker for me (good job I guess with all those PSTs  :P) I definitely do prefer the one at a time blade selection in the later models though.

I like 1 tool at a time as well but with the 3 options ST ST200 and Core this has the same selection in a smaller package :tu: Therefore I go with it :D

The Supertool is my work tool I usually carry some nonclumping tool on the weekend ;) That's is until you sent me that SideClip :pok: :D No wait it doesn't clump does it :oops: :D Never mind :-[ :rofl:

Forgive the ramblings I should go to bed :ahhh

:b2t:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 08:07:33 PM

I like 1 tool at a time as well but with the 3 options ST ST200 and Core this has the same selection in a smaller package :tu: Therefore I go with it :D

The Supertool is my work tool I usually carry some nonclumping tool on the weekend ;) That's is until you sent me that SideClip :pok: :D No wait it doesn't clump does it :oops: :D Never mind :-[ :rofl:

Forgive the ramblings I should go to bed :ahhh

:b2t:

Arise thread of MTO past

I killed it now I am resurrecting it :D

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: May 10, 2016, 03:15:43 AM
You're having all the fun.   :P   :D

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 07:34:53 PM

7 years ago.  What have I done with my life? :-\

:D

I really don't carry my venerable Supertool but I do still have a big soft spot for it.:dd:  I've changed my tune on clumping; unless it's a MT you're using day-in-day-out, then I'd much rather have nice independent opening tools.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #26 on: May 10, 2016, 10:08:28 PM

7 years ago.  What have I done with my life? :-\

:D

I really don't carry my venerable Supertool but I do still have a big soft spot for it.:dd:  I've changed my tune on clumping; unless it's a MT you're using day-in-day-out, then I'd much rather have nice independent opening tools.

It sure doesn't seem like it has been that many years ago :o I still love my Supertool as well :cheers:  Of course there has been several tools released since this thread was started and I have found myself carrying a few of those instead of it along the way ;)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #27 on: May 10, 2016, 10:10:28 PM
I have been carrying it lately though and it still doesn't fail to do the tasks I put it to :tu:

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #28 on: July 28, 2016, 03:36:03 PM
A ST200 is still my go-to tool when working around the property.  In fact, I just had it on my belt while working in the yard yesterday.  Like most of my multis I don't use it that often, but it's a tough tool that always gets the job done when called upon!  I never bothered to buy a Supertool.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 03:37:52 PM by NutSAK »
- Terry

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #29 on: July 28, 2016, 04:09:46 PM
A ST200 is still my go-to tool when working around the property.  In fact, I just had it on my belt while working in the yard yesterday.  Like most of my multis I don't use it that often, but it's a tough tool that always gets the job done when called upon!  I never bothered to buy a Supertool.

If you have never had one I bet you would be surprised at how slim it is compared to the rest of the line :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%