Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Victorinox keyring appreciation
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 08:45:13 PM »
   I have SAKs with the keyring and without.  I wouldn't dare carry a 58mm without a keyring.  I am terrible about losing things.  I carried a 58mm MiniChamp for 30 days in a challenge and recently several 58mm Classics in another challenge.  I knew I would have to tie them to something or lose them. 
   I usually just use an extra bootlace to tie the little Vics to a belt loop.  If I am in the woods, I generally carry a Victorinox 108mm which has a hole through it.  That gets the tether.  Can't afford to lose knives in the woods.  Lots of members tie these nice paracord dangling lanyards.  I never got into that, and never really saw very many of them before I joined up here. 
   I carried a black Tinker in the woods a few years back.  And promptly lost it.  I finally found it after looking all over creation.  The blades had begun to look mottled and the aluminum liners had corroded some.  It was hard to open any blades, but I oiled it and freed it up eventually.  That one had no tether because it didn't have a key ring, or the key ring nub.  Still doesn't.  Best wishes  G
 :cheers:

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Victorinox keyring appreciation
« Last post by Anthony R on Today at 08:28:22 PM »
It’s time to show some love for one of Victorinox’ most under appreciated tools, the mighty keyring!  :salute:
One of the most common things I see online SAK reviewers do these days is grind off their keyring since they don’t think they will use it or it creates a hotspot or whatever. At one point I, too, thought it was kind of lame that Victorinox counts the keyring as a tool on their website. However, since I now own and use multiple SAK’s in almost every size, I have found the keyring to be an unsung hero in my pocket that I would hate to lose! Some uses listed below by size…

58mm & 84mm - obviously useful to hang on your keys (duh)  :whistle:
All sizes up to 111mm - my favorite way to carry my Vic’s these days is via key smart pocket dangler so they not only remain upright in the pocket, but are tucked conveniently out of the way of other items inside. Their long slender shape makes them perfect for this kind of carry
111mm & 130mm - for the big boys the keyring makes it easy to attach a lanyard for secure purchase or attach something survival related like a ferro rod. Or, if you are sheath carrying, it’s a great way to grab the tip of the tool and pull it out, especially if the sheath is a little snug.

Obviously I love that my SAKs have keyrings. I wouldn’t dream of getting rid of them.  8) 

What unique uses have you found for the Victorinox keyring?
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Three Layer Thursday!
« Last post by Jeffjeeptj on Today at 08:07:00 PM »
Spot on, Gary.  Camper it is.
The Break Room / Re: Sometimes I am so funny it hurts
« Last post by styx on Today at 08:01:10 PM »
that is a proper dad joke and i love it
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Three Layer Thursday!
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 07:43:08 PM »
Nice clean Camper, maybe?  Looks like it has all the extras.  I like it.  If Dana is watching this, she probably likes it too.  Best wishes.  G
Edged Tools / Re: 30 day OPINEL CHALLENGE March 2024
« Last post by Alan K. on Today at 07:13:22 PM »
Opinel '24 Day 28
I used the very orange Opinel pruning knife to cut off a palmetto frond.  I had to rock it up and down to cut through the edge of the frond, which was pretty tough.  I thought I might cut to the center line, then I'd make another cut on the other side.  However, once it broke the surface it pulled all the way through like a zipper.  I've also been cutting off bits of hedge that are sticking out where they shouldn't, and this knife really works well in that capacity. :cheers:
Edged Tools / Re: 30 day OPINEL CHALLENGE March 2024
« Last post by Enginears on Today at 06:43:13 PM »
Day 28
Spring is springing, so I am out for a walk

IMG_6578.jpg
* IMG_6578.jpg (Filesize: 224.51 KB)
General Tool Discussion / Re: Spyderench and Byrdwrench thoughts
« Last post by magentus on Today at 06:40:50 PM »
Very nice!
First impressions?

28 days, already?
Ol' Tom is back to slicing my cigar for me today. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%