Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Edged Tools / Re: Midlife (hopefully) epiphany
« Last post by buggs on Today at 05:35:41 AM »
Congrats on making 50.  Much to my surprise and delight I just turned sixty a few weeks ago. 

I have way, way too much crap collected over the years.  Literally the least of my problem is knives and multitools though I have too many of them as well.  The only plus side is I really don't view any of them as something that needs to remain pristine so on that side I'm a little, but not much, ahead.  I do have to start divesting in crap.  One of my collections has a 9x13 room dedicated to it.  Knives are easy. 

That Benchmade might be one of my favorite knives. 
The Break Room / Re: Who else is playing Wordle?
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 05:29:01 AM »
Wordle 1,014 4/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Leatherman Tools / Re: Thursday Surgeday
« Last post by JonesE on Today at 05:24:33 AM »
Great action shot Craig. Glad your Surge got some action today!   :tu:

:like: :like: :like:
Edged Tools / Re: 30 day OPINEL CHALLENGE March 2024
« Last post by ReamerPunch on Today at 05:09:40 AM »
Day 29
Day 28

Put up a hook with the PST awl and Phillips.

IMG_3819.jpg
* IMG_3819.jpg (Filesize: 61.23 KB)

Fixed some bent pieces of a floor register that were bothering me.

Day 25

Used the Wenger to help get new fishing line on a fishing reel.
General Tool Discussion / Re: Spyderench and Byrdwrench thoughts
« Last post by Crunchie64 on Today at 04:32:29 AM »
Very nice!
First impressions?

Honestly, every multitool I’ve bought over the last few years has made me realise just how brilliantly the original Leatherman tool was designed and made.

I like the Spyderench, and it’s clear a lot of thought went into it, but the PST feels so much better put together.

The blade on the Spyderench is very good, as you’d expect, but I think the position will take a little bit of getting used to. Not that comfortable to hold if you split it into two parts, and the blade is slightly obstructed when it’s together.

I like the accessibility of the bit holder, but taking the file out to get the bits will probably be a pain. The solution is to carry a selection of commonly used bits in a separate holder, I guess.

My usual carry is a Free P2, with a Crunch quite often close by (see the vice grip thread in the Leatherman forum if you’re interested). My ideal tool would be a combination of the Free P2/P4, the Crunch, and the Spyderench - adjustable or locking pliers with wire cutters, a one hand opening serrated or combo blade, easy access to a Phillips and a couple of flatheads with a bit holder tucked away for non-standard bits. Scissors would be a handy addition.

I usually carry the P2 loose in the pocket of my jeans with my keys, and the Spyderench doesn’t feel smooth enough to do that - feels like it’ll end up coming apart or getting keys jammed through the middle.

Just proves that there’s no one size fits all solution, but Tim’s first effort was still about as close as it gets to perfect.
Gadget Freak and EDC Forum / Re: Which Tracker is best?
« Last post by Outback in Idaho on Today at 04:12:27 AM »
  Was trying to find an eyeglasses tracker. Orbit is only held on my a strip of adhesive, and doubt that would hold on long in my line of work and activity. Saw something called Look but their start-up did bot get enough backers. That version looked way better if it ever was going to work.
  Not seen anything I would place my money down on, so ordered another neck cord with an AirTag holder on the back. Have something similar attached for now, but the plastic ElevationsLab is a tad heavy even though it is light weight and waterproof.

Not many options for keeping track of eyeglasses. Seems that everything is black now days and if something black gets lost in with other blacks it makes for trying to find it nearly impossible Was without my glasses for two days before the lighting was just right to capture what I was searching for. Go figure.
Watch it! / Re: Time Lord 3 Badge Request
« Last post by AzteCypher on Today at 03:54:42 AM »
Beautiful pocket watches you have there.
Day 28

Fixing up this chewed up lawnmower cord.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%