Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Edged Tools / Re: 30 day OPINEL CHALLENGE March 2024
« Last post by Frenchephaistos on Today at 04:55:51 PM »
Not trying to be an enabler, having had to bail out the challenge, but as I saw many of you from the US, I just wanted to put this out there for you Americans :

s-l1600.jpg
* s-l1600.jpg (Filesize: 47.25 KB)

Does anyone have one of those ? If you live in Alaska, Montana or Kansas, it would seem like a must…  :D
Edged Tools / Re: 30 day OPINEL CHALLENGE March 2024
« Last post by old Lefty on Today at 04:43:01 PM »
Day 29:
Walking the dog:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Outdoor and Survival Forum / More Duct Tape
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 04:41:53 PM »
     What do you do when you see a job you wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole?  You find a 15 foot pole.  Here is the one I have used for years.  Telescoping aluminum.  3 joints.  First piece is 6 feet long.  Next two are a little shorter.  Threaded piece on top tube for a paint roller. 
     Trouble is, the rubber collars that fit between joints to hold them in place have cracked and fallen off.  How do you keep the pole up without having it telescope back together?  You guessed it.  Duct tape.
     I hung my hat on the pole as well.  The velcro fastener at the back grabs into the hood on my camo coat.  Annoying as anything.  Try to turn your head, and your hat stays in the same position.  Short solution was to wrap duct tape around the velcro on the cap.  It works.  Best wishes.  G
 :D

PXL_20240329_152227518.jpg
* PXL_20240329_152227518.jpg (Filesize: 168.71 KB)
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: SAKs & Coffee
« Last post by AzteCypher on Today at 04:36:04 PM »
Time to refuel.

The otter board is cool, I have not heard of that.  I may try and build one to try.

The bag idea is good, I will add a few different bags for water and other needs. I bet I can fit some smaller and even some trash can liners.

The fatwood stick is just a type of pine stick that is saturated with pine resin. In a lot of places you just find it when collecting fire making materials, but having it makes starting fires incredibly easy. The way to use it is scraping it to get a sawdust type material that ignites easily, and during wet conditions you can make shavings and curls to add to your flame as your moister sticks dry and begin igniting.
It's missing some bacon.   :rofl:
Leatherman Tools / Re: Why not? Vice Grips.
« Last post by the-accumulator on Today at 03:52:28 PM »
Nice, versatile combination, 👍

The CRUNCH has its faithful!

I have only encountered ONE in the wild. At a fast food establishment, a gentleman was sitting at the table next to me , facing me and his wife to my right.  I noticed his Leatherman sheath on his belt when he got his wife a coffee refill.  It was smaller than my ST300 sheath on my right side yet larger than my REBAR sheath in the truck.

After he returned I HAD to ask about his tool.  HE SMILED, a wide smile, his wife gave me a side eye!   He said it was a CRUNCH and removed it from the sheath. Oh, I never saw one other than online, I replied. He attempted to put it together, fumbling a bit.  His wife said, it is the first time he has taken it out of the pocket, though he wears it every day.   

He got it together, proudly said it was a birthday gift from his daughter when I retired.   And, no not had a need to use since! Wife added, it’s been 3 years!!!

Explained, I was curious as I carry this, revealing my ST300.    We when chewed the fat for a bit, he had been a maintenance director for a school system in Southern Indiana for 40 years.  His wife a teacher and him were in route to Indy for a teacher conference.

He broke his tool down put it in its box sheath, we shook hands, said our well wishes.

I always wondered how much use that tool ever saw???

This occurred maybe 7 years ago, I was 63, he maybe 65.

FWIW, I carried a few Vice Grips in my tool box when doing field repair work, some now on my work bench, a couple in my pickup tool box😉

Never, felt the need for a CRUNCH!  But, I do have a ST300, a few REBARS, a couple WAVEs, a SURGE, Rev, Wingman, SideKick, PULSE, ST200, and fe PST, PSTII, original SuperTool, OHT,  A BOND, and some others, BUT NOT a CRUNCH😵‍💫🥺
You don't own a Leatherman Crunch?! Why would you even bother getting up in the morning! I own at least one crunch and rarely use it. If I'm called upon to visit a friend perhaps for dinner and have been informed I might have to fix something while I'm visiting, I might grab the crunch along with my everyday carry surge so I'll have two tools to get whatever job faces me when I get there. Otherwise, my crunch lives in a drawer. If I were you, I would keep my eyes open for a reasonably priced used one. They have a great fidget factor! T-A
How about a 10 or 20 mL plastic syringe?
Gadget Freak and EDC Forum / Re: My 3DC
« Last post by Grant Lamontagne on Today at 03:14:49 PM »
Yeah, I am not in a hurry to do another print that long.  I find the longer they take the more my anxiety of a blob or spaghetti monster grows!   :ahhh

Def
Sheaths, Bags, Packs and Carry Methods / Re: New from Maxpedition!
« Last post by powernoodle on Today at 02:51:18 PM »
I love Maxpedition stuff.  I hoard it along with knives, MTs, SAKs and flashlights/torches.   :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%