Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

I agree that it's not likely a crack. While disappointing I don't think that it will cause any weakness to the plier head and is more of a cosmetic issue.

General Tool Discussion / Re: Spyderench and Byrdwrench thoughts
« Last post by Crunchie64 on Today at 02:55:43 PM »

IMG_1904.jpg
* IMG_1904.jpg (Filesize: 417.28 KB)

Look what the Easter Bunny brought today.
Tools Needed / FOUND -Spyderench / Byrdwrench.
« Last post by Crunchie64 on Today at 02:52:13 PM »
Well, I think we can safely mark this one closed!

IMG_1902.jpg
* IMG_1902.jpg (Filesize: 339.72 KB)

Thanks to Magentus for the tip off.
i can feel the deepness of the scratch with a toothpick i guess the all plier is weaken now  ??? + it was a nice special edition  >:(

The pliers typically break at the jaw and not there. I highly doubt that the scratch is deep enough to make any difference at all. It is stainless steel - you typically need serious effort to make any real difference even if you try in anger.

If you bought it for use there will be more scratches soon enough anyway.
It could of course have been scratched by something, but then it will be superficial. For practical use it shouldn't make any difference - mine have lots of scratches from use. For the looks it is of course a downer, and if you are a collector I can see how that can be detracting.

Edit: It is weird that it ends up between the handles. Any scratches from the handles themselves should be round though. Might it be something actually standing up a tiny bit? Hard grime or dirt?

i can feel the deepness of the scratch with a toothpick i guess the all plier is weaken now  ??? + it was a nice special edition  >:(
I think its not likely to be a crack, as it appears to extend beyond the pivot onto the plier head.  Maybe some kind of scratch or bumblehoot (< I don't know what that means) from a machining process.

Not a good look for Leatherman, whose quality has somewhat diminished commensurate with skyrocketing MSRPs. 
It could of course have been scratched by something, but then it will be superficial. For practical use it shouldn't make any difference - mine have lots of scratches from use. For the looks it is of course a downer, and if you are a collector I can see how that can be detracting.

Edit: It is weird that it ends up between the handles. Any scratches from the handles themselves should be round though. Might it be something actually standing up a tiny bit? Hard grime or dirt?
Leatherman Tools / Re: Why not? Vice Grips.
« Last post by powernoodle on Today at 01:59:30 PM »
What do you think? :hatsoff:

When I put all of the variables into the Powernoodle Statistical Analyzer and Food Processor, including availability, cost, utility and so on, a pair of Vice Grips comes out way ahead of the Crunch.  Even so, I think I own 4x Crunches (and 2x Mr. Crunches) for the collectability and cool, retro vibe of the Crunch. 

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Alox forever!
« Last post by pfrsantos on Today at 01:47:41 PM »
Wow! That's a powerful awl!

:o :o

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62