Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Leatherman Tools / Re: What is being carried today ?
« Last post by Poncho65 on Today at 05:05:19 PM »
Leatherman Tools / Re: Tread Owners Club
« Last post by Poncho65 on Today at 04:59:18 PM »
Nice find and thanks for the info :tu: :like:
Leatherman Tools / Re: Friday Freeday!
« Last post by Antti Lammi on Today at 04:56:38 PM »
Happy Freeday Friday everyone

Only Tools Matters

General Tool Discussion / Which EDC item will you NEVER get?
« Last post by Magic Bus on Today at 04:56:28 PM »
That Gerber multi with the cast handles, Suspension I think it’s called

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
General Tool Discussion / Re: Which EDC item will you NEVER get?
« Last post by charlie fox on Today at 04:53:54 PM »
ANY knife or tool that costs more than $150. That's the price point that I get worried using it and/or/losing it. I've also found that, for me, there is ZERO improvement in performance, sharpness, deployment or any other standard by which one might judge such a tool. I think the best thing they say is "Look! I'm rich/gullible enough to spend multiple hundreds of my hard earned dollars on an item I'll use once and put away"  Not my cup of tea, as they say :hatsoff:

General Tool Discussion / Re: Which EDC item will you NEVER get?
« Last post by powernoodle on Today at 04:46:46 PM »
Much of the EDC stuff we carry is more for feeling good than doing good.  Pry bars (as noted by GB), paracord bracelets, fire starting kits, redundant knives, SAKs and MTs, and so on.  I've carried some of this stuff too, and am not looking down on the practice of feeling good.  Rather, its quite a good thing to experience.  What gripes me just a little is when people pretend that they need a paracord bracelet or that it has any utility.

I follow a thread on a blade forum that will remain nameless, where people including myself post pics of their EDC knives.  Or alleged EDC knifes.  I would say that about 83% of the pics are jewelry knives or art knives, that clearly have never opened an Amazon box nor peeled an apple.  They cost $700 and don't have a fingerprint on them.  Its fine of course to have these kind of toys, but we should acknowledge again that they exist for the purpose of feeling good rather than having any actual utility.

These things are binkies and blankies for grown axe men.

Same thing with paracord bracelets and extra EDC firearm magazines.  Sure, its possible that one might use these things, just as its possible that wolverines might fly out of my toilet, but so far it has not happened even once in the history of mankind.  But we feel good when we carry them, so that's what we do.  Same thing with EDC-ing 5 different blades.  Its fun and it feels good, but its sort of  ridiculous from a practical perspective.  Great Grandpappy in WWII made it through the day just fine with a beat up traditional knife and a booger-encrusted handkerchief.  No $700 Damascus blade with mammoth scales required.

:ahhh  :rofl:
I don't know anything about Flytanium or Fat Carbon, but Blade HQ has Flytanium fat Carbon Cadets on sale for $60 with free shipping.  Seems like a decent price for a screw together mod with fancy scales, especially since the regular cadet is $45.

https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Cadet--3530
General Tool Discussion / Re: Australian Knife Laws
« Last post by gregozedobe on Today at 03:51:20 PM »

Suffice to say - I think from now on, lots of people will be removing their classics from their keychain, to save the worry of potential issues.

I'll continue to pocket carry my LM Squirt P4 and won't worry too much about it.  The next time a cop asks to see what's in my pockets will be the first time, and I've lived in Oz for more than 70 years.  Admittedly I rarely do anything to attract Police attention...
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: The Little SAKs
« Last post by AzteCypher on Today at 03:28:31 PM »
Whoa...!  It's in excellent shape for that vintage. 
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Spirit owners club
« Last post by Grand_Banana on Today at 03:22:38 PM »
  Had to change the protective lens guards on the Insta360 X3 camera again. The plastic guitar-looking pick just does not cut the mustard in removing the guards, and the awl is a bit too rough. Found that using the can open on the Spirit was just right.  :o

:like: I’ve used a Vic can opener a number of times in the same way. I did get an iFixit tool kit a number years back that has a decent set of pry tools and spudger.  Similar to this one: https://www.ifixit.com/products/essential-electronics-toolkit

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%