Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

I think its not likely to be a crack, as it appears to extend beyond the pivot onto the plier head.  Maybe some kind of scratch or bumblehoot (< I don't know what that means) from a machining process.

Not a good look for Leatherman, whose quality has somewhat diminished commensurate with skyrocketing MSRPs. 
It could of course have been scratched by something, but then it will be superficial. For practical use it shouldn't make any difference - mine have lots of scratches from use. For the looks it is of course a downer, and if you are a collector I can see how that can be detracting.
Leatherman Tools / Re: Why not? Vice Grips.
« Last post by powernoodle on Today at 01:59:30 PM »
What do you think? :hatsoff:

When I put all of the variables into the Powernoodle Statistical Analyzer and Food Processor, including availability, cost, utility and so on, a pair of Vice Grips comes out way ahead of the Crunch.  Even so, I think I own 4x Crunches (and 2x Mr. Crunches) for the collectability and cool, retro vibe of the Crunch. 

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Alox forever!
« Last post by pfrsantos on Today at 01:47:41 PM »
Wow! That's a powerful awl!

:o :o

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If that is a crack then it is a real weird one. It continues straight ahead regardless of actual parts changing and regardless of changing thickness of the material. And it isn't in the same place in both the photos (check the E), and it isn't sharp in the photo where the tool is sharp. From the photos it looks to be floating above the tool?

it looks like a scratch made right in the middle where the plier is "sandwidched" by the handle in close position  :dunno:
If that is a crack then it is a real weird one. It continues straight ahead regardless of actual parts changing and regardless of changing thickness of the material. And it isn't in the same place in both the photos (check the E), and it isn't sharp in the photo where the tool is sharp. From the photos it looks to be floating above the tool?

I've just notice this black thin line on brand new Leatherman... Looks like small crack  or scratch right in the middle :facepalm: almost like a laser made thin line  :o

Anyone with same experience???

UPDATE : i can feel the scratch with a toothpick ... brand new special edition wave ...  :(

New Member Forum / Re: New member
« Last post by SteveC on Today at 12:45:13 PM »
I’d like to post on Sak show your mods thread but can’t figure it out.  Love this site. Long time lurker. Finally have something that might interest folks.  This is my first post ever

You can either use a photo hosting site like imgur or https://postimages.org/  or you can use the attachment feature below the text window. You may have to resize your photo and there is a size limit for attachments

Welcome to the forum  :cheers:
Leatherman Tools / Re: Why not? Vice Grips.
« Last post by SteveC on Today at 12:39:52 PM »
 :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24