Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Leatherman Tools / Re: Why not? Vice Grips.
« Last post by the-accumulator on Today at 03:52:28 PM »
Nice, versatile combination, 👍

The CRUNCH has its faithful!

I have only encountered ONE in the wild. At a fast food establishment, a gentleman was sitting at the table next to me , facing me and his wife to my right.  I noticed his Leatherman sheath on his belt when he got his wife a coffee refill.  It was smaller than my ST300 sheath on my right side yet larger than my REBAR sheath in the truck.

After he returned I HAD to ask about his tool.  HE SMILED, a wide smile, his wife gave me a side eye!   He said it was a CRUNCH and removed it from the sheath. Oh, I never saw one other than online, I replied. He attempted to put it together, fumbling a bit.  His wife said, it is the first time he has taken it out of the pocket, though he wears it every day.   

He got it together, proudly said it was a birthday gift from his daughter when I retired.   And, no not had a need to use since! Wife added, it’s been 3 years!!!

Explained, I was curious as I carry this, revealing my ST300.    We when chewed the fat for a bit, he had been a maintenance director for a school system in Southern Indiana for 40 years.  His wife a teacher and him were in route to Indy for a teacher conference.

He broke his tool down put it in its box sheath, we shook hands, said our well wishes.

I always wondered how much use that tool ever saw???

This occurred maybe 7 years ago, I was 63, he maybe 65.

FWIW, I carried a few Vice Grips in my tool box when doing field repair work, some now on my work bench, a couple in my pickup tool box😉

Never, felt the need for a CRUNCH!  But, I do have a ST300, a few REBARS, a couple WAVEs, a SURGE, Rev, Wingman, SideKick, PULSE, ST200, and fe PST, PSTII, original SuperTool, OHT,  A BOND, and some others, BUT NOT a CRUNCH😵‍💫🥺
You don't own a Leatherman Crunch?! Why would you even bother getting up in the morning! I own at least one crunch and rarely use it. If I'm called upon to visit a friend perhaps for dinner and have been informed I might have to fix something while I'm visiting, I might grab the crunch along with my everyday carry surge so I'll have two tools to get whatever job faces me when I get there. Otherwise, my crunch lives in a drawer. If I were you, I would keep my eyes open for a reasonably priced used one. They have a great fidget factor! T-A
How about a 10 or 20 mL plastic syringe?
Gadget Freak and EDC Forum / Re: My 3DC
« Last post by Grant Lamontagne on Today at 03:14:49 PM »
Yeah, I am not in a hurry to do another print that long.  I find the longer they take the more my anxiety of a blob or spaghetti monster grows!   :ahhh

Def
Sheaths, Bags, Packs and Carry Methods / Re: New from Maxpedition!
« Last post by powernoodle on Today at 02:51:18 PM »
I love Maxpedition stuff.  I hoard it along with knives, MTs, SAKs and flashlights/torches.   :tu:
Edged Tools / Re: 30 day OPINEL CHALLENGE March 2024
« Last post by Barry Rowland on Today at 02:48:44 PM »
A great thing about the DIY is that the plastic handle doesn't ground, making it good for household electric tasks.  I installed an outlet with mine a few years ago.  Like the Center Drive, if you have a bit kit you're in business!
Edged Tools / Re: 30 day OPINEL CHALLENGE March 2024
« Last post by Barry Rowland on Today at 02:46:57 PM »
Liberation!  :D :drool:
The Break Room / Re: Rate the last movie you watched v2
« Last post by MadPlumbarian on Today at 02:34:33 PM »
Todays #4, there’s still #5 but I’m not to thrilled with that one,
JR
Watch it! / Re: My EDC Casio
« Last post by FrenchEOD on Today at 02:22:05 PM »
   I like your new avatar.  Very nice.  Best wishes.  G
 :cheers:

:hatsoff: :cheers:
The Break Room / Re: Rate the last movie you watched v2
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 02:18:50 PM »
Nightbeast 1982. Easily the worst thing I have seen lately.  Best wishes.  G  :(
Watch it! / Re: My EDC Casio
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 02:08:24 PM »
   I like your new avatar.  Very nice.  Best wishes.  G
 :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62