Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

General Tool Discussion / Re: Australian Knife Laws
« Last post by Sea Monster on Today at 10:15:18 PM »
Valkie is a being *slightly* histrionic with the serialised paint scrapers - but yes broadly australian state governments take big leaps with laws after every incident.

What's more frustrating is the populist methods - a politician will stand in the house of representatives and make a statement along the lines of "There is no reason a lawful person should have a knife on public transport!"

and everyone cheers "here! here!"

but...that's not true is it?

Some people catch the train to work, and they might have a lawful reason for a knife - tradies, chefs, students (who need to eat lunch, but do not have access to a "staff room" at their place of education), backpackers (tourism is one of our major exports....and any sensible traveler has a knife).

There's actually a bunch of lawful reasons why someone could have a knife...

but even that 45 seconds of desktop analysis is not conducted when it comes to driving legislative change in the wake of traumatic news story.

Without getting too into the political weeds - as a sort of "cultural explanation" for interested parties - the Australian States (Less the territories, because they are the "fun states" and generally have the least restrictive laws, not just in terms of knives, but for everything) - basically operate on a "who can be seen to be doing the most policing" platform - so every year they "tighten up" a Law about something or another to ensure they are "delivering safety". Then the other states find out, and "tighten up" their laws to "Bring them into alignment with other states" and so on....

So, obvious Knife Laws is a subject near and dear to the hearts of members here, in context, it might be worth considering that Australian states have on-the-spot fines for loitering, jaywalking, and even swearing.

For your safety.

Leatherman Tools / Re: April Rebar and Friends Challenge
« Last post by BPRoberts on Today at 10:13:56 PM »
Day 23

Fished a stuck battery out of my beloved olight. Tried changing it to no avail. Not sure what's up with it, and debating an upgrade over fixing it.

Probably should've got more of the Rebar in frame...
Edged Tools / Re: Case Knives
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 10:09:48 PM »
Thank you for sharing Gary. 😎

My Dad carried a Black Schrade Weldon Muskrat pattern, the only knife he had in his pocket along with his Zippo lighter.

One knife, two identical blades, one dulls, change to other and sharpen when return home.

I found the knife last summer, he past away  20 years ago or so.   Really bad shape, suspect he lost it in driveway and it was repeatedly ran over in the gravel before someone brought it inside.  Sorry can not find the pictures :dunno:

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Tinker Tuesday!
« Last post by Tuisto on Today at 09:59:32 PM »
Here's my Tinker Deluxe which was given a new lease on life thanks to AzteCypher's instructions (below)! I really do love this model. I love Vic scissors and pliers and this is the smallest model that I'm aware of that has both. I want to replace the scales with blue Plus scales because I love the little pen. (But to be completely honest, I really wish this thing had the corkscrew instead of the Phillips because I use the glasses screwdriver a lot more than the backside Phillips (or the corkscrew, for that matter). And the version of this thing with a corkscrew instead of a Phillips is the Deluxe Climber (shown alongside the TD for comparison). But then again, I use the pin more than the glasses screwdriver and the Deluxe Clmber doesn't have the pin hole. Anyone got any tips?

I would definitely drop a little bit of mineral oil in that joint and work it back and forth.  Though it being brand new, you shouldn't have that type of issue.  I would give that a go when you get a minute.

Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by Gareth on Today at 09:51:02 PM »
These two

(Image removed from quote.)

That spear and pen TEW is right up my street.  :tu:
General Tool Discussion / Re: Flame On! - April Firestarting Challenge
« Last post by styx on Today at 09:49:39 PM »
day 23:

haven't gotten much use so i'm rethinking this carry

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: The Sportsman Challenge - April 2024
« Last post by Jeffjeeptj on Today at 09:49:25 PM »
Wood filler time.  Cutting the end off the tube.

IMG_0303.jpg
* IMG_0303.jpg (Filesize: 169.36 KB)
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Climber club!
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 09:48:45 PM »
   Somebody tell me something.  What does the yellow thumbs up next to the Climber Club in the index mean?  Best wishes.  Gary
 :think: :think: :think:  :dunno:
The Break Room / Re: Rate the last movie you watched v2
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 09:44:50 PM »
Dense Fear and Dense Fear 2  Not too sure about the dates.  I have seen several different versions of release date.  Even the Brits can make a bad werewolf movie.  Or in this case, two bad ones.  Best wishes.  G
 :-[ :-[
The Break Room / Re: Rate the last movie you watched v2
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 09:39:50 PM »
Desert Wolf  2019, It must be really easy to make a bad werewolf movie.  So many have done it.  Best wishes.  G
 :P

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD