Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

I have an DIN A6 Notebook and an Tombow Airpen in my Pocket EDC, it’s a quite useful size, some times I have to take notes to remember which stuff I need to transport to our store, but as my Handwriting is quite unreadable I did start a few months ago to use an Cloud Based Note App on my Phone where I can type the stuff on the Store Computer and have it then on the Phone on the go..

The Notebook is also great to store these Thermo Paper Invoices from the Gas Station..
I think I would also get the D09 from the Herbertz Website in Germany, but not in Blue (it’s online exclusive color)
There are also One Hand Open Variants but I would not recommend these when you are located in Germany..
(Might be you could also open the blade on the two hand version whit one hand, but whit enough training you can open allmost every blade whit one hand.. )

Mine is not shipped yet, so I don’t know if it will arrive for the weekend.. I’m still not shure how they handle the Swiss/German Border Customs, I hope the same like whit the Analoque Pocket: it came from USA, was processed on customs, delievered whitouth paying on the door, and a few weeks later I got an invoice from FedEx for the Customs and Service Fees..
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Climber club!
« Last post by Canuckdad on Today at 10:13:14 PM »
General Tool Discussion / Re: Australian Knife Laws
« Last post by Sea Monster on Today at 10:10:59 PM »
To be fair that there are still schools and areas around where knives are just tools like any other - more so in rural areas though. There are still kindergardens around where the kids use knives as part of their outdoors activities from they are 4-5 years old or so.

More to the point. The law is the law here but how it is interpreted seems to vary wildly depending on region and situational setting. That might be more even in Australia? Having visited Australia a few times I reckon common sense might be more common than this thread give it credit for?

Common sense might be putting it a bit strongly, but....allocation of police resources is a consideration I guess.

In a town with large ice issues for example, you don't tend to find cops pulling people up for jaywalking. It's not just where they want to do their paperwork - they're hip deep in "real crimes" (and domestic violence) issues.

But...look at it this way - given the power to randomly search people for "weapons" - now they can "suspect" people of having weapons...and oh look, we didn't find one, but we did find some drugs. oh-ho-ho.

You might say "Good! Less drugs on the street!" - but...Well, the discussion of application and interpretation of police powers might get too spicy for MT.O.

Suffice to say - I think from now on, lots of people will be removing their classics from their keychain, to save the worry of potential issues.

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Three Layer Thursday!
« Last post by Canuckdad on Today at 10:06:14 PM »
on the go, with STAYGLOW
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Which SAK is getting pocket time today?
« Last post by Tuisto on Today at 10:02:06 PM »
I've been carrying this thing a bit more frequently recently. I really like this model and even though the flashlight isn't actually that powerful, it's still strong enough for me. I just wish it had pliers. That's really the only thing missing for me. I'd swap the saw for some pliers in a heartbeat. I have the Winter Magic Climber Lite model, and if it weren't a limited edition model, I'd carry it daily instead of this guy (although, I like the plus scales on the Huntsman Lite -- I just wish they came in a different colour).
 :rofl: :rofl:

I actually added it to the cart to see what it would cost to ship to me, but it looks like the Swiza website only delivers to Germany or Switzerland and this one is an online exclusive only.  Bummer.
Just suck it up, AC - this is Enablers R Us after all!! :cheers: :rofl:
I'm really taking a liking to this setup.

My wife is going to mad at y'all for give me bad ideas.   :rofl:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Three Layer Thursday!
« Last post by Tuisto on Today at 09:05:20 PM »
    That one is a real looker, Mr. T.  Only thing good about where Victorinox put the hook is the fact that I never use it.  It would be nice if they put the nail file surface on it.  Then it would be some use. 
    One Climber should be enough, I think.  I only have one also.  Nice photos.  When are you going to pick out a nice photo for your avatar?  Then your friends can recognize your posts on sight.  Best wishes.  G
 :cheers:

Hey IMR, I actually use the hook from time to time for odd jobs (mainly carrying and poking things). Or in the case of the Huntsman (and Winter Magic Climber) lite to hang it so the light functions as more of a lamp. I would love to have a profile picture but I can't figure out how to do it! I couldn't quite figure out how to put my location and stuff in my profile either; is there like a tutorial or something somewhere?

Never mind, I figured it out.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD