Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

The Break Room / Re: Hybrid cars- anyone have one?
« Last post by powernoodle on Today at 04:56:51 PM »
My experience with buying a new Honda hybrid and a Toyota hybrid in 2023 was that both companies keep the supply artificially low, and you have to wait for the next available vehicle - 3 months for a CR-V and 8 - 12 months for a Sienna.  That vehicle will invariably be loaded with packages and accessories that you probably don't want, and you either buy it or you don't.  This drives the price up thousands over the vehicle that you wanted, and maximizes profit.  Gone are the days of full car lots, price negotiation and ordering a vehicle exactly how you want it.  I think that manufacturers figured out this business model during Covid, when supply was low and profits were high.

Maybe Ford and other manufacturers are different, and it may depend on the vehicle.  With high-demand vehicles, they are like the Soup N@zi on Seinfeld.  You take it or you leave it, and you better be happy about it.

:tu:
The Break Room / Re: Hybrid cars- anyone have one?
« Last post by Grant Lamontagne on Today at 04:47:35 PM »
It does sound like a cool truck. :)
Pity Ford doesn't seem interested in making it cheaper. :think:
Starting at $60k CAD  :ahhh is that expensive for a truck in Canada compared to what trucks used to cost when you bought the jeep?

My Jeep was $40,000 CDN when I bought it.  Nowadays, to buy the same Jeep is well over $70,000 CDN.

The electric versions of the F-150 are similar in price to the gas ones.  On the Ford Canada site you can see that the F-150 starts at $50,000 but there will be very few, if any trucks produced and sold at that price.  Most people will add the extra doors, 4WD etc, which will increase the price quickly.  4x4 alone will add $4500 to the price, and it is a necessity in Canada, at least in my opinion.  Otherwise your rear wheel drive truck will slide all over the place in the winter.

Def
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Not a good news...
« Last post by Huntsman on Today at 04:44:28 PM »
PS.  I think this is good news    :tu: .....  As it means Vic is diversifying and responding to current market needs/trends.

And we'll have some new toys to play with !!
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Not a good news...
« Last post by Huntsman on Today at 04:35:51 PM »
Gotta agree with you GTMB - Vic got the rhetoric very badly wrong

If course they cannot challenge and take on dumb governments with unreasonable rules and directly say
"You got it all wrong guys - SAK (blades) are tools not weapons "
That would do the corporate reputation no good ...... it's not Vic's style and the world is not heading that way!!

But they could say something along the lines of
"We are building a set of SAKs for countries/places/jurisdictions where local laws do not allow a blade to be carried"
Then it just acknowledges what is happening in some places in the world - and  ....... as a good  product development and customer service company they are responding to that need!!  (But not necessarily agreeing with the rules.  :pok:    :tu:   ;) )

Actually they maybe could even preface it with something like:
"A blade has been an essential tool for generations, and still is for many people, in many roles and situations around the world,   however........ etc etc"

That sentence even uses one of their catch phrases....
https://sakwiki.com/tiki-browse_image.php?imageId=1391
New Member Forum / Re: Hi from Romania
« Last post by mvp on Today at 04:35:35 PM »
Thank you everyone!  :cheers:
The Mod Squad / Roxon Flex Mods
« Last post by pa_strunk on Today at 04:25:24 PM »
So I got the Roxon Flex yesterday. Made a few mods to accommodate 4 long tools and have to say to say I really like it. Basically put a 45 degree angle box opener edge on the chisel and did a little grinding on the back side of scissor handle.
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Explorer Challenge May 2024
« Last post by Antti Lammi on Today at 03:44:23 PM »
Day 8 of 30

Used bottle opener to open lid of mayoanase jar. Little prying and hears pop and you can easily open lid afterwards.

Only Tools Matters

I've heard from others that the Swiza scissors are not as usable as Victorinox scissors.
The Break Room / Re: Who else is playing Wordle?
« Last post by AndyAaron on Today at 03:23:30 PM »
Although I am already sober it doesn’t look like that when solving today’s wordle…

Wordle 1,054 6/6

🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨
🟩🟨
🟩🟨🟨
🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Explorer Challenge May 2024
« Last post by Grand_Banana on Today at 03:10:43 PM »
Day 7

It was a three-cigar day, so the small blade did the honors.

After lunch, the toothpick performed its designed function.

Later, after patching a flat tire on my son’s bike, I aired it up to check for leaks before putting it back on the rim.  Then, I had to let the air all the way out to so I could get it back on the rim.  If only I had a tool handy to do this without resorting to going out to the vehicles for a tire gauge.  But wait!  It turns out the inline Phillips is the perfect tool for this job.  The fit is uncanny, almost like it was made for it.

Challenge totals:
Large Blade 9
Small Blade 10
Scissors 5
Hook 1
Inline Phillips 2
Toothpick 1

That’s really interesting I’ll have to try it. I wouldn’t put it past victorinox to have actually designed such intention.

Sportsman is shortening an air duct hose to allow a portable AC unit to fit closer to the wall.  Still meeting the clearance requirements. 

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  

I think every time I’ve installed window units, trimmed a floor AC exhaust/fit the window piece, and changed dryer vents, I’ve used a multitool.  These are the jobs made quick by a good multitool.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%