Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

If anyone is still interested in what to carry with a SAK, one of the best combos I ever carried was a Victorinox Mountaineer paired with a Leatherman Sidekick.  The Mountaineer has a decent file / metal saw, and scissors, while the Sidekick has a pretty good one hand opening knife blade and a wood saw.  Not a lot of redundancy or wasted space there. :cheers:

I would love to carry a Sidekick (or Wingman) but alas - UK+EDC = Non starter (mostly)  ::)
If anyone is still interested in what to carry with a SAK, one of the best combos I ever carried was a Victorinox Mountaineer paired with a Leatherman Sidekick.  The Mountaineer has a decent file / metal saw, and scissors, while the Sidekick has a pretty good one hand opening knife blade and a wood saw.  Not a lot of redundancy or wasted space there. :cheers:
Yes.  Nate is correct.  The shackle key cut out on the Myerchin blades is a good thumb hole once you get used to the shape.  Here's another shot of my second generation plain edge and my first gen partially serrated with a fixed blade version.  A word of caution, however, is if you're looking for a used Myerchin rigging knife they do not extend any warranty coverage if you're not the original owner.  So, if you buy it on E-Bay, and it breaks, you'll just have to buy another one.
Backwoods Cuisine / Re: Rustic (rusty?) cooking
« Last post by IMR4198 on April 18, 2024, 08:58:31 PM »
    I scrubbed the boil over that was on the side of the pot.  For all you clean freaks out there.  A secondary cooking method is a necessity here.  Bad weather knocks out the electrics.  As a matter of fact, power will be off for a while tomorrow and Saturday to let Duke fix some stuff.  Probably have to cook on the thing tomorrow too. 
    You learn how to use one of the folding stoves economically.  Heat up some water for the tea.  Then use the same pot to cook something.  After that you put some water in the pot and heat that up with a daub of soap for cleanup.  The propane stoves are a generation ahead of the old fashioned pump up Coleman rigs. 
    I can't recommend those candle lighters/ long nose butane things highly enough for firing off your stove.  Best wishes.  G
Leatherman Tools / Re: Kick, Fuse, Blast & Core Owners group club.
« Last post by Poncho65 on April 18, 2024, 08:57:41 PM »
Great pics IMR and Steve :woohoo: :like:

Gotta love the Kick 8) :like:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: EDC SAK & FLASHLIGHT
« Last post by m47mu74nt on April 18, 2024, 08:23:32 PM »
My set is more "normal people friendly" (not when I carry the Benchmade Mini Claymore, which is getting carried a lot)

edc_sak& flashlight.jpg
* edc_sak& flashlight.jpg (Filesize: 219.26 KB)
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: EDC SAK & FLASHLIGHT
« Last post by m47mu74nt on April 18, 2024, 08:21:58 PM »
Scary, did I say that already?  :whistle:
Backwoods Cuisine / Re: Rustic (rusty?) cooking
« Last post by AzteCypher on April 18, 2024, 08:15:19 PM »
Congrats on the badge Gary!  We have a little Coleman stove that we haven't tried out yet.  Need to give it a go.
General Tool Discussion / Re: What did you just get?
« Last post by SurgeUk on April 18, 2024, 08:03:15 PM »
Thank you! She’s trying, and to think last year she was doing 3hrs on a treadmill and three walks around the block each day, the kid and I had to stop her on special days.. I let her read you comment and she said “thank you” :tu:
JR

More power to her (and you for supporting)  :clap: :clap: :clap:
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by David on April 18, 2024, 07:49:01 PM »
Blue Lamb 🐑 and Coyote 🐺

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44