Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by SteveC on Today at 08:24:17 PM »
Walnut Lamb and Camillus Sword Brand Jack

Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by SteveC on Today at 08:23:37 PM »
Nice one Chip !    :like:
General Tool Discussion / Re: Flame On! - April Firestarting Challenge
« Last post by comis on Today at 08:21:56 PM »
Day 24
Why all the good food is always greasy?  :drool:
Edged Tools / Re: Wood Handled Wednesday !
« Last post by SteveC on Today at 08:21:41 PM »
Walnut

Edged Tools / Re: Wood Handled Wednesday !
« Last post by SteveC on Today at 08:21:29 PM »
Fresh handles for this old pruner.   [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]    [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

Great job, what kind of wood ?
« Last post by comis on Today at 08:19:54 PM »
Exactly, quite functional. One of the many ideas I picked up when it was circulated through the youtube creators.
:cheers:
« Last post by comis on Today at 08:19:19 PM »
I have loved Clipper lighters for both those reasons. 

Although, they changed the spark wheel a few years ago so the edges aren’t round but more star like.  I can see it making it easier to spin in wet or cold conditions, but have also. Found they tend to wear and lock-up easier now. 

I have also recently had an issue with the refill pin on a couple of my full-size Clippers being too big for the tip on my butane bottle.  I don’t have enough to know if this is a common problem, but it is a little frustrating.
I have been eyeing one of those for a while.  I’ll be interested in knowing if the o-rings help prevent evaporation.
Reminds me of old car cigarette lighters
Those are a couple of cool lighters
I probably need to do some experiment to compare a regular zippo side-by-side to this Field S, just to see which of this will evaporate less over time.
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: New to me Explorer
« Last post by ThundahBeagle on Today at 08:02:37 PM »
That's probably as close as you will get without having a dates receipt of purchase.   Even if you did buy it in a store in the 80's or 90's. It could have sat on the shelf for years.

87 to 90 is not a bad range.

I have a Buck 110 EcoLite Paperstone. MY 2011, in green I bought a few years back.  It was collecting dust in a local True Value hardware store.  Probably at least 5 years old or something when I bought it.

I have an explorer that has a 2 digit year printed on the white inside box (older, burgundy box with fitted white inner cradle box).  But some of the knife dating features dont necessarily match.
General Tool Discussion / Re: Australian Knife Laws
« Last post by matzesu on Today at 07:45:15 PM »
I did not meant that your Swiss Army Knive should you protect from the dangerous Animal in Austria, only that they are much more dangerous than a guy whit a Pocketknife..
General Tool Discussion / Re: Australian Knife Laws
« Last post by Sea Monster on Today at 06:48:56 PM »
One Moment Please: An Country where every second Animal trys to kill you bans  :climber: ?  So they get a worst Knive Law than Germany in the End..

Most of the things that *can* kill, don't actually try very hard to do it, unless you go out of your way to annoy them, so it's not a huge issue, day to day.

Also, most of the things that can kill you (and might try) are protected, so you're not actually allowed to kill them anyway, unless they've already started trying to kill you.

Finally, most of the the things that can kill you, if they decide to try, you don't have huge window of opportunity to do anything about it (an irukanji is about the size of a fingernail, and for all practical purposes, invisible)

All in all, the wildlife is a fairly moot point.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%