Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

General Tool Discussion / Re: What did you just get?
« Last post by MadPlumbarian on Today at 11:12:52 PM »
More power to her (and you for supporting)  :clap: :clap: :clap:
Both of us “thank you”
JR
With me every day:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: What's your latest SAK?
« Last post by psyjohn on Today at 10:41:37 PM »
These 3 beauties arrived in the mail today. I love me some 74s, and I couldn't resist the green and red Alox. This is the first red Alox executive I've seen without advertising on the scales. Some very welcome additions to my collection.
General Tool Discussion / Re: Flame On! - April Firestarting Challenge
« Last post by styx on Today at 10:34:22 PM »
day 18:

today's EDC. gotta say that the bic is a lot easier to fit in and carry

Leatherman Tools / Re: April Rebar and Friends Challenge
« Last post by BPRoberts on Today at 10:16:18 PM »
Day 18

Mandatory fruit slicing pic for the challenge.
Day 15

Using the knife to remove the plastic wrapper from the salt and pepper mills.
If anyone is still interested in what to carry with a SAK, one of the best combos I ever carried was a Victorinox Mountaineer paired with a Leatherman Sidekick.  The Mountaineer has a decent file / metal saw, and scissors, while the Sidekick has a pretty good one hand opening knife blade and a wood saw.  Not a lot of redundancy or wasted space there. :cheers:

I would love to carry a Sidekick (or Wingman) but alas - UK+EDC = Non starter (mostly)  ::)
If anyone is still interested in what to carry with a SAK, one of the best combos I ever carried was a Victorinox Mountaineer paired with a Leatherman Sidekick.  The Mountaineer has a decent file / metal saw, and scissors, while the Sidekick has a pretty good one hand opening knife blade and a wood saw.  Not a lot of redundancy or wasted space there. :cheers:
Yes.  Nate is correct.  The shackle key cut out on the Myerchin blades is a good thumb hole once you get used to the shape.  Here's another shot of my second generation plain edge and my first gen partially serrated with a fixed blade version.  A word of caution, however, is if you're looking for a used Myerchin rigging knife they do not extend any warranty coverage if you're not the original owner.  So, if you buy it on E-Bay, and it breaks, you'll just have to buy another one.
Backwoods Cuisine / Re: Rustic (rusty?) cooking
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 08:58:31 PM »
    I scrubbed the boil over that was on the side of the pot.  For all you clean freaks out there.  A secondary cooking method is a necessity here.  Bad weather knocks out the electrics.  As a matter of fact, power will be off for a while tomorrow and Saturday to let Duke fix some stuff.  Probably have to cook on the thing tomorrow too. 
    You learn how to use one of the folding stoves economically.  Heat up some water for the tea.  Then use the same pot to cook something.  After that you put some water in the pot and heat that up with a daub of soap for cleanup.  The propane stoves are a generation ahead of the old fashioned pump up Coleman rigs. 
    I can't recommend those candle lighters/ long nose butane things highly enough for firing off your stove.  Best wishes.  G

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%