Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG TiNi Custom PPP, Spyderco H1 Ladybug, Leatherman Charge XTi, Micra

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Alright, well, I'm selling some stuff here that I kinda don't want to.  Unfortunately, I've been put on a new, effective, and horrifically expensive type of migraine medication and I need to pay for it out of pocket for a month or more.  While my private insurance should cover it, it's going to take a month or more to get reimbursement and at $9 a pill it's screamingly expensive.

As always, Paypal no-fee preferred, prices included insured shipping to the US.  Add $5 for Canada, $9 for the UK, and contact me for everywhere else.  I'm always happy to ship around the world.

So, here we go.  Pictures will come later today.

1.  Sog TiNi Pocket PowerPlier with custom tool loadout.  This was actually a giveaway on the forums from David Bowen (sorry, I REALLY don't want to do this).  In great shape with only very light wear to the TiNi, tool only no sheath or box.  Has a customized tool loadout as well:
One handle has the file, the can opener and small screwdriver, another small screwdriver and and awl.  The other handle as the CE blade, cap lifter philips and large flat screwdriver.

Asking $85

2.  Leatherman XTi.  This particular Leatherman MT has been through a pretty darned hard life and it's shows some serious battle scarring.  The saw has been broken off completely, the serrated blade is slightly warped (you have to show some care putting it back in the handle) and the knife blade has been reprofiled.  The knife is missing all but three bits - the dual sided 2.5mm/3mm hex, the 1/4 / 3/16ths flat and the philips/flat eyeglass screwdriver bit.  A couple of posts on the torx bits have also been knocked off.

There are some good bits as well, though.  The diamond file is in excellent shape with little to no wear.  All the components lock up good and solid with at the most minimal play.  The pliers are in excellent shape with no slop or offset.  I've had the main knife blade (154CM steel) professionally re-profiled and it looks like it did originally, just about 1.5CM shorter.  I also ordered a set of removable saw blades off of EDCsource and I'll forward these to the buyer when I receive them.  The titanium handle scales are in excellent shape with little wear.  Last but not least, I've personally cleaned and oiled the tool, and it's ready to roll in a belt pouch for EDC usage.  This is NOT a safe queen tool.

Asking $55

3.  Spyderco Ladybug H1 Hawkbill.  This is the newest Ladybug Hawkbill done up in H1 non-rusting steel.  Great for working around water or in super-humid environments - Spyderco guarantees that these knives will never rust or they replace them for free.  Carried on my keychain for a bit but I went back to my sprint run Hawkbill instead.  Shows some wear and rub spots on the blade from usage - these are almost unavoidable on H1 steel as it scratches very easily.  However, the knife is clean, sharp, locks up solid and is ready to roll.

Asking $25.

4.  Leatherman Micra with advertising.  SS version, with "Acklands Granger" laser inscribed on the handles.  In great shape with only a very small knick on the tip of the knife blade - shouldn't affect functionality in any meaningful way.  Clean, oiled, sharp and ready to rock.  Scissors are in great shape with no slop or damage to the blades.

Asking $15.

That's it for now, I'll have pictures up later today for anyone who wants or needs them.

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
A couple of pics, Spyderco and Sog

ca Offline Metropolicity

• No Life Club
  • Hack Virtuoso
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 08:39:10 AM
Pm for the xti
Why stop now?

Visit the whole Skinth family here: http://www.skinthsolutions.com

Keep up with The Skinths on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkinthSolutions

Shapeways - Metro's Q-branch:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/metro-qbranch

PayPal: metrogradegoods [at} gmail. com

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Alright, XTi is gone.

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
What's the migraine medication you're on?

I take Rizatriptan [Maxalt] which works quite well; always keen to know what's new out there  :cheers:

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
What's the migraine medication you're on?

I take Rizatriptan [Maxalt] which works quite well; always keen to know what's new out there  :cheers:

Zomig Rapimelts and nasal spray.

Oh, and take $5 off of the SOG.  I really do need to sell this.

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Bump

Come on anybody?  Anybody at all?

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
I'd love the SOG,but it would be payday before I could commit :-[
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Bruce909

I have more than one TiNi P3 or I would be interested in it.  I was wondering if it came with a sheath?  The TiNi Pocket Power Plier has been discontinued for several years and I am very surprised that some of our friends on the other side of the pond are not very interested in a non locking (UK legal) tool.  The TiNi coating provides a very good corrosion resistance and with a SOG the tools are easily changed if damaged or just to customize the tool. 

In fact I will help to sweeten the deal for whoever buys this tool...I will ship the buyer their choice of one of the New Old Stock SOG items that I have been hoarding.  Either a set of SOG paratool wrenches or a Serrated Line Cutter or one of the coarse or fine saws....in fact if you pay Jerred the $85 he is asking I will give you your choice plus the paratool wrenches.  After Jerred gets paid I will mail the other item(s).

As I mentioned I already have more than one of these TiNi P3's and let me tell you they are spectacular.  My dealings with Jerred have always been great and if this helps to sell the TiNi P3 I am glad to help out.

Here are the pictures of the items:

All together:

Paratool Wrenches:

Serrated Line Cutter:

Fine Saw:

Coarse Saw:

Bruce

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Thanks Bruce, that's a heck of an offer.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
PM sent
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Alright, the SOG Tini PPP is now sold to Kirk13.  Still have the Ladybug and Micra if anyone is interested.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Glad it's gone to a good home (and great of Bruce to top up the deal  :salute: )
I'm sure you won't need prompting for posting pics when it lands John  :pok: :pok: ;)

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Glad it's gone to a good home (and great of Bruce to top up the deal  :salute: )
I'm sure you won't need prompting for posting pics when it lands John  :pok: :pok: ;)

LOL Your not wrong!

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Nobody for the micra or ladybug?

All right, I'll sweeten the deal - buy 'em before the weekend is out and I'll include a kydex suspension clip.  Handmade by dwarves from the centre of the earth!

Or me when I can't sleep at 3AM.

ca Offline Metropolicity

• No Life Club
  • Hack Virtuoso
Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 05:59:54 AM
Got ye XTi yesterday!
Why stop now?

Visit the whole Skinth family here: http://www.skinthsolutions.com

Keep up with The Skinths on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkinthSolutions

Shapeways - Metro's Q-branch:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/metro-qbranch