Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cyberman/Camillus Cyber Knife

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
on: February 02, 2012, 01:47:42 PM
I have become a Cyberman  :P :D

Not the Dr Who variety but the Camillus sharp n pointy variety  8) :D :D.

The bigger linner lock CY1 Cuda Cyber knife is a great addition to the smaller lock back CY2 Cyber knife I got for Christmas

Printed Circuit Boards(PCBs) make for uber cool looking scales/handles I reckon  :think: :D :D. Some close up uber shots  :D :D

Thanks to my good buddy for helping me land this rare discontinued Camillus knife  :salute: :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:49:56 PM by MultiMat »

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Cyberman/Camillus Cyber Knife
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 03:18:11 AM
Those are beautiful knives Mat!  Now all you need is one of these to go along with it!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 03:29:02 AM
Def I could be wrong but I think my 2 Camillus's knives might be a little better finished  ::) :P :D :D :D.

I hope I can find some PCBs to have a play with  :think: , I might be able to achieve the standard of workmanship exhibited on that SAK   :think: :D :D :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 03:37:18 AM
Actually that knife had a lot of interest from me- on the opposite side of it was a #3 key from a keypad or telephone.  I'll give you three guesses why it appealed to me!  :D

Back to your knives though, those were just a limited edition weren't they?  Or did they go into full production with them?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 04:01:34 AM
I think they were made in the final years of Camillus before they went bust. I think Camillus did what Schrade did when they were trying desperately trying to stay in business. That is greatly increase their product range selling new knives or sourcing different models of knives from cheaper suppliers & rebranding them. I think in both cases , Schrade & Camillus , a desperate ploy that ultimately failed.It did result in some interesting knives though. I have a number of made in Irland knives that Schrade marketed just before they went bust.

The larger knife the CY1 Cuda Cyber Knife is more common , although getting harder to find. I had until recently never seen the smaller CY2 Cyber Knife , a US seller had 2 for sale I missed out on the first one that he sold but made sure of it when the second one came up on Ebay. I read on the net via a Camillus employee who was working for the company at the time  , that they used PCBs , on the Cyber Knives, that had failed QC & not had posts inserted in the boards making them better candidates for scales :think:.

Another odd one from Camillus the Gapper

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 03:19:07 PM
Sad as I am, last night or the night before I dreamt I'd found a hardware store or resell store with both Cybermen knives new in blisterpacks for like $40 each.   :twak:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 04:00:36 PM
Are you sure that Gapper isn't from SOG?  It seems like it would fit in with their racecar, fishing and carpenter knives!  :D

Rex, if you dream about that hardware store again let me know and I'll get you to pick these up for me!  :P

Def

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 04:11:57 PM
Are you sure that Gapper isn't from SOG?  It seems like it would fit in with their racecar, fishing and carpenter knives!  :D

Rex, if you dream about that hardware store again let me know and I'll get you to pick these up for me!  :P

Def

Sad thing is, I know of a knife dealer that used to have one or more.  That was the same guy who had red Wenger SwissGrips that I thought were fake, because I'd never heard of them at that point.  ::)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 04:16:20 PM
If I'd had a nickel for all the ones that got away, I'd have had a lot fewer get away!  :D

Def

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 04:37:12 PM
If I'd had a nickel for all the ones that got away, I'd have had a lot fewer get away!  :D

Def

Truth be told, I thought the SwissGrips were knock-offs; I thought to myself "surely Wenger would never have made a pliers-based tool...," granted, that was before I knew of the Business Tool, too. :pok: :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 04:39:10 PM
Some of the articles I wrote for SOSAKOnline were met with criticism, but the review I wrote talking about how awful the Business Tool was generated some significant hostility! 

Not a big deal, but you may want to think seriously before you say things like that!  :P

Def

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 05:35:14 PM
Lol, I don't doubt the Business Tool is actually decent, I just couldn't imagine what kind of year the designers had when they thought it up initially.  ^^;

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 02:42:44 AM
Sad as I am, last night or the night before I dreamt I'd found a hardware store or resell store with both Cybermen knives new in blisterpacks for like $40 each.   :twak:

Holy smokes Saza  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh. Just before nodding off at night try thinking of buxom lasses enjoying a trampoline , that should sort the dreams out for ya  :P :D :D.

If you do find that hardware store I will have X2 blisterpacks thanks  :tu: :D :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 02:55:05 AM
Yup- buxom lasses on trampolines was what I dreamed of when I was Rex's age.  Heck I still do!

Of course by the time Rex reaches my age he'll probably have a bigger house, nicer car and swimming pool in each, so who's to say which is better?   >:D

Def

us Offline 82brutus

Re: Re: Cyberman/Camillus Cyber Knife
Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 05:30:16 AM
Those are beautiful knives Mat!  Now all you need is one of these to go along with it!

(Image removed from quote.)

Def

You can't post a pic like that and not give us a link to a story or something that explains it.
“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” - Winston Churchill

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Re: Re: Cyberman/Camillus Cyber Knife
Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 06:02:38 AM

Def

You can't post a pic like that and not give us a link to a story or something that explains it.

2nd!  There must be some story to this for those of us not in the loop. :D
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 06:48:10 AM
That was one of a few different mods from the last great Mod Contest.

http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=156&Itemid=35

This one was made by the same gentleman that wrote the Swiss Army Knife Owner's Manual.  Sadly I was outbid on that one so I never managed to get it, but I did win the Johnny Cash model.  :D

Def

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 01:13:55 PM
That was one of a few different mods from the last great Mod Contest.

http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=156&Itemid=35

This one was made by the same gentleman that wrote the Swiss Army Knife Owner's Manual.  Sadly I was outbid on that one so I never managed to get it, but I did win the Johnny Cash model.  :D

Def

I remember you get the Johnny Cash I also thought you got the DEF one too. My bad 😊

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 03:06:51 PM

Holy smokes Saza  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh. Just before nodding off at night try thinking of buxom lasses enjoying a trampoline , that should sort the dreams out for ya  :P :D :D.

If you do find that hardware store I will have X2 blisterpacks thanks  :tu: :D :D

Trampolines are overrated, hot tubs, not so much. :p

I have multiple dreams nightly, so it's usually a mix of the two.  Hell, last night I dreamt I found a website with the Marttiini carbon steel bait knife in blue, green, and yellow alternative colors, as opposed to the regular red/orange... they were sold in a variety pack of four for $39.95, which is the same as SMKW, but still, now I want them.  :ahhh

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 03:36:20 PM
@SwissMan- I tried to get the DEF one but I was outbid on it.

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%