Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Evo Review!

Offline sramsay12

Gerber Evo Review!
on: June 24, 2012, 10:42:27 PM
Hey guys, i'm back! For those who have met me before, I got my SwissChamp and will soon review it. But today  However, today I'm going to review the Evo I got yesterday for 40 pounds. I wanted another multitool with much better pliers. I couldn't afford a Leatherman, so I gave Gerber a go! Pics taken with phone. The blades are small but locking, and one-hand opening. All tools are outside-accessible except the pliers. A good tool, when EDCd with my SwissChamp I need nothing else, really. The only two problems i have are that the scissors and saw are difficult for me to take out, and the locks are hard to... unlock... But both these problems might come from my short nails, I need to stop biting them. Anyway, SwissChamp review coming soon!
gerber 3.jpg
* gerber 3.jpg (Filesize: 122.88 KB)
Gerber 1.jpg
* Gerber 1.jpg (Filesize: 122.16 KB)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:10:47 PM by sramsay12 »

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Gerber Evo Review!
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 01:07:00 AM
Congrats on getting a new tool sramsay :salute: Like you, I found the blades on the Evo to be a bit on the short side. (the Evo is basically identical to the Suspension, for those who weren't already aware of this) The short saw blade is especially un-useful, as it does not have enough length to get any back-and-forth motion going on anything much larger than a pencil. ::) The one hand knife blade works well enough though, and mine didn't have the sticky scissors problem that yours did. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Frankctz

Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 07:50:02 PM
What it the difference between the EVO and suspension? looks very similar..
Thanks

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:42:37 AM
Tool wise I believe they are the same- as is the Resolve, Ripstop and a few others.  These tools were all made pretty well identical except different design handles for different retailers.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Hypnos3510

Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 03:41:19 AM
I have had 3 of these line of tools 2 evo and a ripstop.  I only had 3 because I they keep on breaking, 1st evo broke in my bag which I kept as a back up.  I got the ripstop which broke when I was opening a can. The metal backstop was the cause and failure point of the tool. Now I keep my new evo (the one they sent me) as a back in my car's toolbox.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 09:46:58 AM
Much as I have become a Gerber fan even I admit that the Suspension etc are not wonderful MTs.  BUT they are cheap and are a whole lot better than nothing.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 04:48:51 AM
oddly, the suspension is a much nicer tool for one reason only. The handles of the tool actually fit in my hand. I tell you, the evo handles sure do spread wide.

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 11:31:06 PM
Why get a regular Suspension when you a Suspension with Bear Grylls name on it and pay twice as much?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%