Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Missing Victorinox 91mm SAK wiki pictures

enki_ck · 62 · 10534

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Missing Victorinox 91mm SAK wiki pictures
on: November 06, 2013, 08:17:36 PM
91mm

Angler http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Angler – main picture hotlinked and missing
Camper http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Camper – main picture hotlinked and stock
Deluxe Angler http://www.sakwiki.com/ti...=Victorinox+Deluxe+Angler – main picture missing

Deluxe Tinker http://www.sakwiki.com/ti...ex.php?page=Deluxe+Tinker – main picture hotlinked and missing
Expedition Lite http://www.sakwiki.com/ti....php?page=Expedition+Lite – main picture hotlinked and stock

Fieldmaster http://www.sakwiki.com/ti...ndex.php?page=Fieldmaster– main picture hotlinked and stock
Huntsman Lite http://www.sakwiki.com/ti...ex.php?page=Huntsman+Lite – main picture hotlinked and stock

Master Electrician http://www.sakwiki.com/ti...p?page=Master+Electrician – thinking about replacing the main picture with the one from Grant's SOSAK overview but if you have a better one, please post it
SwissChamp XLT http://www.sakwiki.com/ti...x.php?page=SwissChamp+XLT – main picture hotlinked and missing
TimeKeeper Alarm http://www.sakwiki.com/ti...php?page=TimeKeeper+Alarm - main picture missing
Traveller Lite http://www.sakwiki.com/ti...x.php?page=Traveller+Lite– main picture hotlinked and missing

Voyager http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Voyager – main picture hotlinked and stock
Voyager Lite http://www.sakwiki.com/ti...dex.php?page=Voyager+Lite– main picture hotlinked and missing
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:07:36 PM by enki_ck »

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Re: Missing Victorinox 91mm SAK wiki pictures
Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 08:22:27 PM
Camper and Tinker  I see

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 08:54:08 PM
I have pretty much every 91mm model - I'll try to take some pictures of these. If I post links here can you upload to SakWiki?

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 09:00:36 PM
I have pretty much every 91mm model - I'll try to take some pictures of these. If I post links here can you upload to SakWiki?

Sorry for posting just the list, I needed to post all the different size lists first so I could make a thread to incorporate them all and an request/explanation thread. You can see it now in my signature line.

Yes, I will take over the uploading of the pictures and adding them to the wiki pages. If you have variations of a model, they would be nice too.

Thank you for taking part at this. :salute:

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 09:09:39 PM

Thanks for helping, and I must now  :drool:
If I can help, let me know 

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 11:33:55 PM
Leatherman

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 08:10:59 PM

Traveller Lite
If you need a lower res pic let me know.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 08:42:14 PM by Fattsgalore »

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 08:12:55 PM
Timekeeper Alarm photo i have to redo, I'm missing the split ring. It'll bug me. New photo tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 09:49:50 PM by Fattsgalore »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 10:19:26 PM
Thanks, looks good. :salute: No problem on the waiting. I'll add the pictures when we gather a few and I can do the resizing if necessary too.

Keep the pics coming, guys. :hatsoff:

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 08:49:29 PM
As promised...

Timekeeper Alarm.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 02:49:54 PM
As promised...
http://imageshack.com/a/img833/3930/53w8.jpg
Timekeeper Alarm.

Thanks, I added the Traveller Lite but I have a problem with the background of the Timekeeper Alarm. When I reduce the size to one more appropriate as a thumbnail for the wiki (ca. 320px) the details and blades blend in with the background. :( Could you redo it one more time with a more neutral background? Thank you very much. :salute:

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 04:46:04 AM
Ahhhh, took days to get the right lighting. Plus a dozen paid extras who didn't even make it into the shot  :facepalm:...
Ummm... Well... I might have done something involving a drill and the Timekeeper Alarm. On a side note, totally unrelated, I started a new project with parts from a Timekeeper Alarm.
I have a few other photos I can dig up. :tu:

@enki, with all that said could I possibly be granted the SAKwiki passcode for registration? In a PM of course.
Am I still worthy?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 05:27:35 AM by Fattsgalore »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 09:03:21 AM
:D

PM sent

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 09:28:47 PM
I´ll need a few days and the outcome will be mediocre at best, but I have an Angler and will gladly do some shots.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 07:50:05 PM
There are a few pics of my SwissChamp XL over here. I don't mind taking more if they aren't suitable.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 08:17:49 PM
There are a few pics of my SwissChamp XL over here. I don't mind taking more if they aren't suitable.

Those look great. They'll be up shortly. :cheers:

Actually, I have a question for the collectors here. I notice this is named the XL. What is the difference between the XL and the XLT?

edit: :facepalm: I'm having a bad brain day. Obviously the bit driver and no divot tool.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:28:22 PM by enki_ck »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: November 17, 2013, 08:31:53 PM
So I'm guessing we should add a XL page then?

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 09:07:56 AM

:popcorn:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 02:11:32 PM

:popcorn:

Well I'm not very much familiar with the specific SAK and it's history so I'd need more info on it and some of the layers and identifiers.

When was it made, for how long and in what numbers? As far as I can tell, only 3 members here on the forum have one so it's got to be a very short time span and in limited numbers. By the pictures it appears it is an 11 layer SAK, and the divot tool is the only tool on its layer with nothing on the opposing end of it. Is that correct?

By looking at the tools I think it's somewhere between 1995 and 1999 but jazzbass would surely give a better estimate.

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 08:43:05 PM
Well I'm not very much familiar with the specific SAK and it's history so I'd need more info on it and some of the layers and identifiers.

When was it made, for how long and in what numbers? As far as I can tell, only 3 members here on the forum have one so it's got to be a very short time span and in limited numbers. By the pictures it appears it is an 11 layer SAK, and the divot tool is the only tool on its layer with nothing on the opposing end of it. Is that correct?

Yes.

By looking at the tools I think it's somewhere between 1995 and 1999 but jazzbass would surely give a better estimate.

Again, yes. Closer to the 1999 side of things judging by the weird hook-style toothpick that was only around for a couple years c. 1999-2000. All the ones I've seen/had have the pre-1999 cap lifter w/o locking nub.

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 08:46:43 PM
Pictures! I haven't forgotten about this thread, but my SLR died a back in Sept and instead of replacing it immediately I saved up and bought the one I really wanted. Took care of that this weekend, so I'm back in the picture game. Still playing around with settings/lighting/etc - my old SLR was about 10 yrs old, so the new one is different in almost every way. Bear with me while I get it all sorted.

First up - a souvenir from my last trip to Italy, the Expedition Lite

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 09:00:42 PM
Cool knife. That one is on my wish list.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 10:34:55 PM

Yes.

Again, yes. Closer to the 1999 side of things judging by the weird hook-style toothpick that was only around for a couple years c. 1999-2000. All the ones I've seen/had have the pre-1999 cap lifter w/o locking nub.

Thank you for the confirmation and the Expedition Lite picture. :salute:

Would you happen to know a time frame for this bump on 91mm the opener layer and what purpose it served? I've been thinking some kind of bottle opener lock as it's harder to close and the reamer on the back is iposible to open if the bottle opener is opened.

I have it on a Ranger 1985-90 and I've seen it on a Standard as shown here:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,48159.0.html

And it seems that the XL also has it on the electrician/pruner layer if I'm counting the layers right.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:06:20 PM by enki_ck »

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 10:54:30 PM
Would you happen to know a time frame for this bump on 91mm the opener layer and what purpose it served? I've been thinking some kind of bottle opener lock as it's harder to close and the reamer on the back is iposible to open if the bottle opener is opened.

It started in 1986. It's part of the backspring redeisgn that the opener layer got when the cap lifter got the half stop. If you look at a pre-1986 knife, the backspring will be stright there, no bump. In fact, that backspring was basically the same from 1952 until 1985, so it was designed to be used with the large awl, hence no bump. It's only obvious on 1986-1991 knives because this is the range where the cap lifter had the half stop but the key ring attachment was still on the pen blade spacer. Once the key ring moved to the opener backspring, the bump becomes the key ring attachment. Post 1991 only a 91mm knives made with an opener layer and without a keyring will have the bump - and these are few and far between. Typically Spartans and Tinkers, but the LNF Climber also comes to mind.

And it seems that the XL also has it on the electrician/pruner layer if I'm counting the layers right.

Indeed it does. The elec/pruner layer has the fine screwdriver backspring tool, which has the bump unlike the typical saw/file backspring that the screwdriver is usually on.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 11:02:02 PM
Thank you for this information. I've asked this a couple of times but never got a real answer to it till now. :salute:

I'll add the Expedition Lite picture and create the XL page tomorrow. And feel free to post the pictures whenever you find the time for it or get more familiar with the new camera. Some of those pictures have been missing for years so a few more weeks won't hurt. :D I'm very glad to have you taking part at this project. :hatsoff:

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 11:04:17 PM
Pictures! I haven't forgotten about this thread, but my SLR died a back in Sept and instead of replacing it immediately I saved up and bought the one I really wanted. Took care of that this weekend, so I'm back in the picture game. Still playing around with settings/lighting/etc - my old SLR was about 10 yrs old, so the new one is different in almost every way. Bear with me while I get it all sorted.

First up - a souvenir from my last trip to Italy, the Expedition Lite

(Image removed from quote.)

What did you end up getting? A Nikon or Canon perhaps?

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 11:27:21 PM
What did you end up getting? A Nikon or Canon perhaps?

New setup is a Nikon D610 with a Nikkor f/1.4g prime lens. Old was a D70s with a zoom lens. Night and day difference.

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: November 19, 2013, 04:11:59 AM
Anglers. You didn't specify which you wanted so I took pictures of the old and new versions along with the plus* and deluxe* versions.

* These are made up names. The Angler Plus never really had a name, just a number (236 faU), and the Deluxe Angler was called (on the packaging I have) "Angler w/ Pliers".
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 04:41:31 AM by jazzbass »

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 05:37:03 AM
More. I had the "5 layer" drawers out, so I took ones I thought you were missing.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 08:23:35 PM
Thank you for all the pictures, yes, we needed both the original and new Angler. :hatsoff:

The Hoffritz Limited Edition and Angler Plus need pages to be created. I've heard them referenced on the forum a few times but we don't have actual pages for them.

Deluxe Angler and Modeler need identifiers as do the two above for when the pages will be made. Do you have boxes for them or any catalog pages where you could check?

I see your Woodsman has a black layered fine screwdriver and the one on the catalog page in the wiki doesn't. Does your version maybe have a different identifier?

All the other pictures have been uploaded and added to their pages.

I still need to create the XL page but I'll do that in a few hours. :salute:

Thanks to all who are helping with this. :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44