Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leap Owner's Club 2489

No Life Club Posts: 3,089
Re: Leap Owner's Club
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2019, 10:36:41 AM »
Awesome job making it more accessible! :like:
Full Member Posts: 138
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2019, 10:40:36 AM »
Making a fashion statement

Colour coordinated.

No Life Club Posts: 3,089
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2019, 11:37:27 AM »
Making a fashion statement

Colour coordinated.

(Image removed from quote.)

Red on red, I like that too! :tu:
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2019, 08:38:51 PM »
Some quick videos, an update on the tool and another showcasing the one handed mod.

The Mod for OHT Blade was so easy to do...its amazing that it didn't come this way. Very easy to use one handed now.

Cheers,
H.G.

Have you gotten around to unscrew the blades side?

Seeing that the straight blade is on the same pivot that the saw. Would it be possible that the saw have the same flat spots on the pivot and could be modified to be detached like the straight blade?

It would need a bit of extra work leaving a little bump for the liner lock to slide on. Also I think I can see a washer in there which the blade doesn't have.

Just throwing ideas here.
Hero Member Posts: 502
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2019, 09:28:58 PM »
There is a picture if it on my Pinterest board but the pivot tapers down to the thinner diameter. The side with the saw doesn't have the same Mechanism so no dice. On the other hand u can mod a wave saw to slot in to the blade slot and put a file on the saw side. If you really want true bladeless. Strangely the liner locks have a curved portion that lines up perfectly with rebar/blast internal tools. They won't lock but they open fully and snug. Video later on this.

Furthermore u can use a Leatherman charge spacer to step down the pivot diameter on a wave file to slot on that side as well.

Is having a saw an issue?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 09:34:36 PM by Happy Gilmore »
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2019, 03:42:56 AM »
Only when taking a plane.

But here in Australia they are so inconsistent that one person may allow it and next time it would be taken from you.

I have had Allen keys and jeweller screwdrivers taken after being in several planes.
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2019, 07:22:56 PM »
Only when taking a plane.

But here in Australia they are so inconsistent that one person may allow it and next time it would be taken from you.

I have had Allen keys and jeweller screwdrivers taken after being in several planes.

Sounds to me that it is too inconsistent to be worth carrying anything. Might as well just put it into checked baggage.
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2019, 07:31:43 PM »
BTW, the link for the Leap Club isn't working, had to find the thread a different way. UPDATE plz?

Added Wave file to the Leap as a removable option. It is a bit thinner than the blade so it needed some Braeon tape to thicken the profile. Not a perfect fix but made it stay a little better. I really like having the file over the Blade if I am going to carry a larger dedicated folder or fixed blade. Its a very very light and capable package now with a diamond/metal file.

Cheers,
H.G.
Global Moderator Point Of No Return Posts: 37,444
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2019, 09:50:06 PM »
Link updated, thanks for notifying.
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2019, 03:10:48 AM »
BTW, the link for the Leap Club isn't working, had to find the thread a different way. UPDATE plz?

Added Wave file to the Leap as a removable option. It is a bit thinner than the blade so it needed some Braeon tape to thicken the profile. Not a perfect fix but made it stay a little better. I really like having the file over the Blade if I am going to carry a larger dedicated folder or fixed blade. Its a very very light and capable package now with a diamond/metal file.

Cheers,
H.G.

That it's amazing
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 54,128
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2019, 11:56:01 AM »
Always great to have the diamond file as an option :dd: :like:
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2019, 09:19:17 AM »
It is a shame that the surge file and saw holder can't be cut to be used on the leap.

With the great shape and ergonomics of the leap it would be great to use it with a T shank saw.
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2019, 01:13:22 AM »
It is a shame that the surge file and saw holder can't be cut to be used on the leap.

With the great shape and ergonomics of the leap it would be great to use it with a T shank saw.

I'm not quite sure it's the right place for it frankly. The leap will never replace the surge. What I love about the Leap with a file is that it becomes blade-less with some of the best tools (other than a blade) that a Multi-tool can carry, all while being under 5oz and almost completely 1 handed.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $271.00
PayPal Fees: $17.49
Net Balance: $253.51
Below Goal: $46.49
Site Currency: USD
85%