Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman SIDEKICK / WINGMAN Owners Club 103086

Newbie Posts: 8
Re: Leatherman SIDEKICK / WINGMAN Owners Club
« Reply #870 on: November 01, 2019, 04:03:56 PM »
What do they do to the wingmans that give them such a bad rep?

Ive heard very little bad things about the Sidekick (I own one) but so much about the wingman
It’s puzzling to me. Only problem I had with my Wingman is a broken knife tip due to me using it out of advisable usage purposes.

Had mine since they were released and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hero Member Posts: 559
« Reply #871 on: November 01, 2019, 04:58:29 PM »
It happens mcrow  :rofl:

Just yesterday my coworker and I used our bottle opener on our wave + and surges to turn a very fat flathead looking screwhead.  :tu:
Newbie Posts: 7
« Reply #872 on: November 13, 2019, 03:54:12 AM »
I loved my Wingman until my knife decided to break.
Didn't use it in ages but I'm about to get a s30V blade what should fix my biggest issue with this tool.  :D
Full Member Posts: 118
« Reply #873 on: November 13, 2019, 03:52:00 PM »
Wow, but a least its under warranty!

Yep!  Interestingly enough, I bought this one brand new from Home Depot when they were on winter clearance a few years back, paid all of $8 for it! 

I opened it while playing MT with my youngest... we like to just hold them and open and close them and he switches and trades with me (he's 2).  He can't physically open the blades, so biggest safety concern is plier-ing himself (or me).  But we opened the Wingman (which honestly, sits most of the time) and snapZILLA!  Repaired or replaced unit should be here Thursday.

What do they do to the wingmans that give them such a bad rep?

Ive heard very little bad things about the Sidekick (I own one) but so much about the wingman

Should be identical in terms of quality and production. I mean, they change out 3 tools- scissors/saw, serrated blade/pkg opener, and main blade.  All else is the same except for the stamped name on the side.  Should be no difference at all.  It may just be that there are more Wingmans sold than Sidekicks, people love their scissors!

I do have to say... the Sidekick was my first personal Leatherman tool.  It was gifted to me by my brother some years ago.  They were still about $35-40 at the time.  My only other exposure to MT's was a SAK Classic and a Pioneer, and my dad's original Super Tool.

I did know that the SK was LM's "entry-level" tool... the one for people who weren't multitool people, maybe to get you introduced to them.  Given that, I knew that it was not indicative of the quality of their higher end tools (that I never thought I'd be able to afford or own).   I used the crap out of that first Sidekick.  It was a FANTASTIC tool and continues to be.  Never a shortcoming with it at all. 

That specific, first one I've sort of retired being sentimental to me now.  I have another Sidekick that I recently disassembled... just playing around.  I made it more like the new T2/T4 tools with a plain edge blade and moved the flat and phillps driver to the same arm.  Left the arm as a standalone tool with pocket clip.  I made a pocket knife with two drivers, basically.  Again, just tinkering.. wanted to see if it could be done.  Yep.
Newbie Posts: 24

Edi

« Reply #874 on: February 21, 2020, 09:43:00 AM »
Well, i am too a satisfied owner of a wingman. I bought it to be part of a combo. It works very well with the victorinox locksmith. The needlenose and regular pliers suit my needs and the scissors are more than decent. Can't say i use the rest of the tools more than the ones of the locksmith, except the flat screwdriver, see photo. When i bought this pair i considered functionality, price and weight compared to a single tool. Combos work better for me.
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 58,887
« Reply #875 on: February 21, 2020, 12:45:12 PM »
Welcome to :MTO: Edi :cheers: Sorry if I have already welcomed you before but I am not sure so I did anyways :D Sounds like a great combo and I also like tool combos as well :tu: :like:
Newbie Posts: 24

Edi

« Reply #876 on: February 21, 2020, 01:02:26 PM »
Thank you! I did forget to write that i like the spring type pliers on the wingman very, very much   :D
Btw, i forgot to ask/check: what's the max resolution permitted for the pics?
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 58,887
« Reply #877 on: February 21, 2020, 08:24:05 PM »
Not sure about the res but max file size is 512 kb :salute: Or if you use a photo hosting site like Imgur or Flickr then you can use full res images :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
February Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: $333.00
PayPal Fees: $20.12
Net Balance: $312.88
Above Goal: $12.88
Site Currency: USD
104%