Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Now This Is A Knife!

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Now This Is A Knife!
on: April 09, 2009, 02:11:51 AM
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Re: Now This Is A Knife!
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 02:26:26 AM
Quite ridiculous isn't it?! I had the Vic version as my screensaver for ages. I'm sure if I had the money to burn, I would absolutely have to have one  :-\
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 02:37:02 AM
The Wenger Giant  :drool:  One day it will be mine.  Though not for anywhere near that kind of money!  :ahhh

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 02:37:16 AM
If you think that SAK is pricey check out the insane price of this MT. http://www.leatherman.com/argentum/collection/
Mike
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 02:42:09 AM
I'll take a few of those as well whilst I'm at it :P

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 07:19:51 AM
I think most of us would love a Giant :gimme:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 08:25:37 AM
Quite ridiculous isn't it?! I had the Vic version as my screensaver for ages. I'm sure if I had the money to burn, I would absolutely have to have one  :-\

Yes it is....  ::)
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 03:34:10 PM
The Wenger Giant is a waste of money and time.  You can't do anything with it.

No, thank you.

Same goes for the Victorinox XAVT.
MOLON LABE!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 04:30:16 PM

No, thank you.

Disagree.

I've opened watchcases with the XAVT, use the barometer and alarm regularly, and have used the pliers and scissors on it as well.

It's not an EDC candidate, but I'd love to make a case for it so I could have it on the desk at work.  And yes, it would be used besides the clock/alarm and barometer.  I don't think I'd use it to fix an oil leak on my Land Rover however.
 :climber:

us Offline bren10man

Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 05:27:56 PM

No, thank you.

Disagree.

I've opened watchcases with the XAVT, use the barometer and alarm regularly, and have used the pliers and scissors on it as well.

It's not an EDC candidate, but I'd love to make a case for it so I could have it on the desk at work.  And yes, it would be used besides the clock/alarm and barometer.  I don't think I'd use it to fix an oil leak on my Land Rover however.
 :climber:

It is a monster of a knife.  Being in the military, it is worthless for the activities I do on a daily basis.  Deployed, it might make a good object to throw at ____ (<--put enemy name here). 

In Iraq, I carried:

- Gerber Mark-II
- Victorinox pre-1987 Champion
- Emerson design Benchmade CQ-7 tactical folder
- Was issued a Phrobis M9 bayonet.  I gave it back as it was too big, too bulky, and got in the way.
MOLON LABE!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 05:31:53 PM
I understand.

My point is, the arrangement of tools on the XAVT are such that they can (for the most part) be used as intended.  The Wenger Giant Knife has no pretense of utility.

My EDC at work is a Cybertool 41 (basically a modern version of SwissChamp) with Timekeeper scales.  It is perfect for at work.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 06:32:43 PM

No, thank you.

The Giant was never made as a SAK to be used, but an example of every tool Wenger had made in one large collectors piece SAK.  It was made to be the biggest and to look interesting to the avid collector.  On these 2 grounds alone I think it has done exceedingly well.
I'm back!!

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 11:46:46 PM
It's a little bit big....

Wider than the CRKT MAK-1 is long:

Even Mikey was impressed with it:

And of course the folks at Guinness:

If you want one, contact fveap@sosakonline.com as I am pretty sure Tim can beat that price!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 11:55:40 PM
Thanks for the pics now that i can see it better it is pretty cool. It would be nice to have one on display on my desk. Does any one have a list of all the things it does?
Mike

Mike

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 09:19:42 AM
Thanks for the pics now that i can see it better it is pretty cool. It would be nice to have one on display on my desk. Does any one have a list of all the things it does?
Mike
Deep breath...

1. 2.5” 60% Serrated locking blade, 2. Nail file, nail cleaner, 3. Corkscrew, 4. Adjustable pliers with wire crimper and cutter, 5. Removable screwdriver bit adapter, 6. 2.5” Blade for Official World Scout Knife, 7. Spring-loaded, locking needle-nose pliers with wire cutter, 8. Removable screwdriver bit holder, 9. Phillips head screwdriver bit 0 10. Phillips head screwdriver bit 1, 11. Phillips head screwdriver bit 2, 12. Flat head screwdriver bit 0.5 mm x 3.5 mm, 13. Flat head screwdriver bit 0.6 mm x 4.0 mm, 14. Flat head screwdriver bit 1.0 mm x 6.5 mm, 15. Magnetized recessed bit holder, 16. Double-cut wood saw with ruler (inch & cm), 17. Bike chain rivet setter, removable 5m allen wrench, screwdriver for slotted and Phillips head screws, 18. Removable tool for adjusting bike spokes, 10m hexagonal key for nuts, 19. Removable 4mm curved allen wrench with Phillips head screwdriver, 20. Removable 10mm hexagonal key, 21. Patented locking Phillips head screwdriver, 22. Universal wrench, 23. Laser pointer with 300 ft. range, 24. 1.65” Clip point utility blade, 25. Metal saw, metal file, 26. 4 mm allen wrench, 27. 2.5” blade, 28. Fine metal file with precision screwdriver, 29. Double-cut wood saw, 30. Cupped cigar cutter with double-honed edges, 31. 12/20-Gauge choke tube tool, 32. Watch caseback opening tool, 33. Snap shackle, 34. Telescopic pointer, 35. Compass, straight edge, ruler (in./cm), 36. Mineral crystal magnifier with precision screwdriver, 37. 2.4” Springless scissors with serrated, self-sharpening design, 38. Shortix key, 39. Flashlight, 40. Fish scaler, hook disgorger, line guide, 41. Micro tool holder, 42. Micro tool adapter, 43. Micro scraper-straight, 44. Reamer, 45. Fine fork for watch spring bars, 46. Pin punch 1.2 mm, 47. Pin punch .8 mm, 48. Round needle file, 49. Removable tool holder with expandable receptacle, 50. Removable tool holder, 51. Multi-purpose screwdriver, 52. Flat Phillips head screwdriver, 53. Flat head screwdriver bit 0.5 mm x 3.5 mm, 54. Spring loaded, locking flat nose nose-pliers with wire cutter, 55. Phillips head screwdriver bit 0, 56. Phillips head screwdriver bit 1, 57. Phillips head screwdriver bit 2, 58. Flat head screwdriver bit 0.5 mm x 3.5 mm, 59. Flat head screwdriver bit 0.6 mm x 4.0 mm, 60. Flat head screwdriver bit 1.0 mm x 6.5 mm, 61. Can opener, 62. Phillips head screwdriver, 63. 2.5” Clip point blade, 64. Golf club face cleaner, 65. 2.4” Round tip blade, 66. Patented locking screwdriver, cap lifter, can opener, 67. Golf shoe spike wrench, 68. Golf divot repair tool, 69. Micro straight-curved, 70. Special tool holder, 71. Phillips head screwdriver 1.5mm, 72. Screwdriver 1.2 mm, 73. Screwdriver .8 mm, 74. Mineral crystal magnifier, fork for watch spring bars, small ruler, 75. Removable screwdriver bit holder, 76. Magnetized recessed bit holder, 77. Tire tread gauge, 78. Reamer/awl, 79. Patented locking screwdriver, cap lifter, wire stripper, 80. Special Key, 81. Toothpick, 82. Tweezers, 83. Adapter, 84. Key ring, 85. Second key ring.

So the odd one or two :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 12:59:50 PM
Mike
Deep breath...

1. 2.5” 60% Serrated locking blade, 2. Nail file, nail cleaner, 3. Corkscrew, 4. Adjustable pliers with wire crimper and cutter, 5. Removable screwdriver bit adapter, 6. 2.5” Blade for Official World Scout Knife, 7. Spring-loaded, locking needle-nose pliers with wire cutter, 8. Removable screwdriver bit holder, 9. Phillips head screwdriver bit 0 10. Phillips head screwdriver bit 1, 11. Phillips head screwdriver bit 2, 12. Flat head screwdriver bit 0.5 mm x 3.5 mm, 13. Flat head screwdriver bit 0.6 mm x 4.0 mm, 14. Flat head screwdriver bit 1.0 mm x 6.5 mm, 15. Magnetized recessed bit holder, 16. Double-cut wood saw with ruler (inch & cm), 17. Bike chain rivet setter, removable 5m allen wrench, screwdriver for slotted and Phillips head screws, 18. Removable tool for adjusting bike spokes, 10m hexagonal key for nuts, 19. Removable 4mm curved allen wrench with Phillips head screwdriver, 20. Removable 10mm hexagonal key, 21. Patented locking Phillips head screwdriver, 22. Universal wrench, 23. Laser pointer with 300 ft. range, 24. 1.65” Clip point utility blade, 25. Metal saw, metal file, 26. 4 mm allen wrench, 27. 2.5” blade, 28. Fine metal file with precision screwdriver, 29. Double-cut wood saw, 30. Cupped cigar cutter with double-honed edges, 31. 12/20-Gauge choke tube tool, 32. Watch caseback opening tool, 33. Snap shackle, 34. Telescopic pointer, 35. Compass, straight edge, ruler (in./cm), 36. Mineral crystal magnifier with precision screwdriver, 37. 2.4” Springless scissors with serrated, self-sharpening design, 38. Shortix key, 39. Flashlight, 40. Fish scaler, hook disgorger, line guide, 41. Micro tool holder, 42. Micro tool adapter, 43. Micro scraper-straight, 44. Reamer, 45. Fine fork for watch spring bars, 46. Pin punch 1.2 mm, 47. Pin punch .8 mm, 48. Round needle file, 49. Removable tool holder with expandable receptacle, 50. Removable tool holder, 51. Multi-purpose screwdriver, 52. Flat Phillips head screwdriver, 53. Flat head screwdriver bit 0.5 mm x 3.5 mm, 54. Spring loaded, locking flat nose nose-pliers with wire cutter, 55. Phillips head screwdriver bit 0, 56. Phillips head screwdriver bit 1, 57. Phillips head screwdriver bit 2, 58. Flat head screwdriver bit 0.5 mm x 3.5 mm, 59. Flat head screwdriver bit 0.6 mm x 4.0 mm, 60. Flat head screwdriver bit 1.0 mm x 6.5 mm, 61. Can opener, 62. Phillips head screwdriver, 63. 2.5” Clip point blade, 64. Golf club face cleaner, 65. 2.4” Round tip blade, 66. Patented locking screwdriver, cap lifter, can opener, 67. Golf shoe spike wrench, 68. Golf divot repair tool, 69. Micro straight-curved, 70. Special tool holder, 71. Phillips head screwdriver 1.5mm, 72. Screwdriver 1.2 mm, 73. Screwdriver .8 mm, 74. Mineral crystal magnifier, fork for watch spring bars, small ruler, 75. Removable screwdriver bit holder, 76. Magnetized recessed bit holder, 77. Tire tread gauge, 78. Reamer/awl, 79. Patented locking screwdriver, cap lifter, wire stripper, 80. Special Key, 81. Toothpick, 82. Tweezers, 83. Adapter, 84. Key ring, 85. Second key ring.

Wow thats a lot of stuff thanks for posting. Thats like a three beer post.  :D
Mike

Mike

Offline Tinnie

• No Life Club
  • I hate Velcro!
Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 01:17:36 PM
Mike
Deep breath...

Wow thats a lot of stuff thanks for posting. Thats like a three beer post.  :D
Mike

Imagine all the custom saks you could make with all those tools :)
[

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 02:04:01 PM
Ooh, I didn't even think about taking it part... what fun!
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31