Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My wife was right.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
My wife was right.
on: April 03, 2007, 01:56:30 AM
Ok I swear this is a honest to god story.

In my spare time I build blackpowder rifles. It keeps me out of trouble and I told the wife we got a new metal lathe at work and I figured I would turn a couple of prodgects on my lunchtime. So I have been building somthing called a Handgonne. It is basicly a barrell an a stick that you use fuse to Ignite a charge and send a ball downrange. These were the original firearms and are pretty cool to play with.

So I told her I was giong to turn a cannon barrell. she informs me I am not resposible enough to own one and well ya get the picture I went and did it anyway.  I tell ya it was a sweet morter with a great sorce of ammo. Beer cans filled with cement. I mean really I drive a cement mixer and love beer so ammo was plentifull.

Me and the guys from work over the past week made about 50 rounds of ammo and I went and bought 3 lbs. of powder. we stoked the barrell with 200 grains and the cans went about 100 yards. so we really started to play.

We then loaded about 500 grains and were sending the cans well into the woods. It was a ball untill............

The police come. It seems we were not only sending them far into the woods but also into a farmers cow pature with the cows there. We fortunatly did not hurt any cows but did get out morter seized bu the police and now they will not give it back.

Good news is we made the paper. Bad news is my wife can read ::) 
S

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: My wife was right.
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 02:09:15 AM
Damn it's good to hear the stories of things that happen to others... it's nice that not all these great ideas aren't mine, although to hear my wife tell it I mist spend all night sitting up wit hthe wacky tobacky to get some of the ideas I have.

I am not allowed to play with gunpowder any more.  Or mothballs.  I think even my soda pop/Mentos days are coming to an end.  I won't even go into my plans involving model rockets.

My theory is that if God didn't want us to shoot things or blow them up, he wouldn't have made us men.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 02:20:45 AM
........but did get out morter seized bu the police and now they will not give it back.

Good news is we made the paper. Bad news is my wife can read ::) 

:laugh: Good one!

Seriously though, have you began work on the new and improved beer cannon yet?  ;)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 02:25:59 AM
Actually I am looking to suoersize it to a bowling ball morter. We are so lucky living in a country where the ATF allows us to build non destructive cannons. ;)

Actually we will be scaling it down to golf ball size. 50 grain will only send it 50 yards, and any thing heavier will burn out after the ball leaves the barrell.
S

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 02:28:48 AM
FORE!
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 04:14:28 AM
...and to think all I had at one time was a measly potato launcher...the things I could have done  ::)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 01:04:09 PM
What do you mean could have?  They aren't throwing dirt on you yet! :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 05:36:25 AM
Is the newspaper article online somewhere?  (and is ther a pic of this artillery peice? :grin:)
[

Offline plowboy

Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 06:43:50 PM
Now the real question is are you using Goex or Swiss Black Powder?

:)

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 12:50:31 AM
Goex anything else would be uncivilized.

S

Offline plowboy

Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 01:03:18 AM
Goex anything else would be uncivilized.

Okay, just wanted to check.  Goex is good stuff.

:)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD